• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT Sport

Sky have lost a large chunk of content if that comes off.
BT will now have Europa and champs league exclusively la liga ,FA cup German and Italian leagues.
Also looking at there 12:45 sat games first few months there are some big premier league clashes they will be showing.

Also if you pay for BT sport you will get AMC channel from 1st Sept for Fear the walking dead and new shows.

BT stepping up there game

I really enjoyed watching la liga on a weekend when we had skysports, actually watched more of that then the premier league. This was about 3 seasons ago as we cancelled our skysports and movie subscription as it got too expensive.

Luckily we have BT Sport so may have to get back into la liga again :D

Sad thing is Sky have lost European football and possibly Spanish football but their price will remain the same. Less content. Same price.

Their Strategy this year is to tap into the Gastro pubs and food led pubs as well as your general boozers. In London lots of business have dodgy boxes now and prosecutions take ages to come off. Apparently due to lack of pressure from Londom clubs. Obviously I'm talking about the commercial side but the domestic side will always have an effect due to what happens above.

Sky released their best financial figures but they aren't prepared to stand still. BT are coming on strong so sky need to react.

I'm a bit annoyed so much football has gone, it was convenient when sky had everything

no plans to get bt sport right now, gonna keep sky for the NFL, cricket and darts

Sad thing is Sky have lost European football and possibly Spanish football but their price will remain the same. Less content. Same price.

Their Strategy this year is to tap into the Gastro pubs and food led pubs as well as your general boozers. In London lots of business have dodgy boxes now and prosecutions take ages to come off. Apparently due to lack of pressure from Londom clubs. Obviously I'm talking about the commercial side but the domestic side will always have an effect due to what happens above.

Sky released their best financial figures but they aren't prepared to stand still. BT are coming on strong so sky need to react.

I think that their strategy for sometime is to price pubs out of showing football to help increase domestic customers.

I cannot think of a gastro pub that would want to pull in football fans because it would tinkle off their primary customers. With regards to prosecutions for using foreign boxes, London clubs would not have a say in that.

I dont know any gastro pubs that show football, i know a couple of boozers that show football and offer chicken in a basket and a crappy Iceland Pizza they have heated up. But would not call them gastro pubs.

They don't want to price pubs out of football. Commercial subscriptions are about 10 times the price of domestic. It's all down to the venues rateable value.

I made the mistake of upgrading my PLUSNET broadband to unlimited Fibre optic extra a couple of months ago before remembering all about how BT Sport have now even got the EL.:eek:

I think my contract might even be 18 months (gulp!)

Is there any way that i can realistiaclly get out of this without paying any penalties and transfer to BT Broadband, seeing as PLUSNET are a pet company of BT and I already have a BT line?

I dont know any gastro pubs that show football, i know a couple of boozers that show football and offer chicken in a basket and a crappy Iceland Pizza they have heated up. But would not call them gastro pubs.

can't believe no one beat me to this

anyway

here we go

brace yourselves

gastroenteritis pubs more like

I made the mistake of upgrading my PLUSNET broadband to unlimited Fibre optic extra a couple of months ago before remembering all about how BT Sport have now even got the EL.:eek:

I think my contract might even be 18 months (gulp!)

Is there any way that i can realistiaclly get out of this without paying any penalties and transfer to BT Broadband, seeing as PLUSNET are a pet company of BT and I already have a BT line?

Haven't OFCOM decided that customners can chop and change their provider after 30 days if the speeds they say you should get don't match what you are actually getting on your pc.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4298ec84-0f81-11e5-897e-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3hkZG4xbI

I was going to purchase BT sport yesterday before the Community Shield or whatever it is called (please don't ask why I wanted to watch this) and was expecting the £7.99 a month for 6 months followed by £12.99 a month. No. £19.99 a fudging month. fcuk that.

I know more providers is meant to lead to cheaper prices but its certainly isn't working out that way for us sport viewers.

Sky have put up our prices but have now lost various sporting content. BT have muscled up and want (and are getting) a worthy share of the market. We're left with 2 subscriptions to cover all bases.

If you have no BT services (ie BTtv or bb), it is 19.99 or 23.99 (HD) pm to add BT sport to your sky box (plus £15/30 activation, 12month).

http://www.productsandservices.bt.c...ackages?s_intcid=con_sportoverview_to_skyonly

And the minimum for sky is ...original bundle + sky sports 45.50 pm.

.............now lets have a look at these Android boxes:)

I know more providers is meant to lead to cheaper prices but its certainly isn't working out that way for us sport viewers.

Sky have put up our prices but have now lost various sporting content. BT have muscled up and want (and are getting) a worthy share of the market. We're left with 2 subscriptions to cover all bases.

If you have no BT services (ie BTtv or bb), it is 19.99 or 23.99 (HD) pm to add BT sport to your sky box (plus £15/30 activation, 12month).

http://www.productsandservices.bt.c...ackages?s_intcid=con_sportoverview_to_skyonly

And the minimum for sky is ...original bundle + sky sports 45.50 pm.

.............now lets have a look at these Android boxes:)

I know both are rip off. I have to buy them as I watch so much sport, but it's a joke how much they charge! As you say, Sky have lost the CL and La Liga but still put their prices, nothing to do with Thierry brick pundit Henry making £4m a year I suppose.

I know both are rip off. I have to buy them as I watch so much sport, but it's a joke how much they charge! As you say, Sky have lost the CL and La Liga but still put their prices, nothing to do with Thierry **** pundit Henry making £4m a year I suppose.

Its not just what sky have lost, which you can add Aviva Premiership too. But its the dwindling list of terrestrial coverage that is worrying. BBC losing the Open means Wimbledon will be next.

Right now I am seeing how I get by with Netflix for a tenner a month.. which really does cover non sky sports stuff for me. Helps with computer hooked in with tv though.

The sports I will wing it I think.. IMO Less is more right now. Stream what I can on my unlimited. Not had BT sport last two years anyway so should not be a problem, and watched every Premier League game in HD via streams. Having decent PC really helps here. How they crack down on these determines my next move really.

Worst case is I have swapped a sky go outlet from a friend for use on one of my four Netflix. so have sky go app on PC too. (They have BT sport on it too) So if streams fail.. I use this option.

Back