• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

I'm all aboard the Ange train but comments like this are utter nonsense. Out of curiosity how many times you been at the training ground in recent seasons to gauge the 'team spirit'?

I recall players buzzing when both Jose and Conte turned up and the mood all sounding positive as it often does, especially in pre season. The barometer with team spirit is when the going gets tough, not after a couple of nice little pre season tours. Yes we get it, it's great to have an attacking manager and certainly comes across well and I have high hopes for him.

But he will run into problems throughout the season and things won't be all rosy. Let's see how great everything is then rather than just deciding everything is so much better because the same positive buzzwords are being thrown around by players as they do every pre season.....

Sorry for trying to be a bit positive. I know we were all sort of positive with Conte and Mourinho as well, but those two never felt like a right fit for us, from my point of view, and although I did think they'd help us get the trophy monkey off our back, I didn't have long term faith, because the systems they wanted to use just wouldn't sit well with our fans for too long.

It's early days. I'm sure we'll ship a boatload of goals this season as well, but we're fun to watch now, and there does seem to be a buzz around the place that hasn't been there for a long time. But indeed, what do I know! I can only say what it seems. Maybe we'll crash and burn again, but I'm more hopeful than I've been for years, and I'm gonna tout that horn as often as I can. Let's get behind the lads instead of always doubting and complaining. Let's get behind them, all of us, and rally behind Ange and his system. He does fit us like a glove. I hope and think this season will be great for us. :)

I'd also like to say that Ange just strikes me as a people person and a genuine leader. He takes responsibility, doesn't blame his players, works instead to lift them up. Very basic leadership skills, but we haven't had them since prime Poch, so worth paying attention to. A team will automatically just play better together when they work as a unit and support one another. Mourinho and Conte created unnecessary division between players and fans and everyone. Bad leaders. Sure, they can win you a trophy, but come on now, having a proper football team pulling in the same direction is worth more than any trophy. Trophies will follow if we just follow this trail. Support the lads! Support the team! Get behind them in every single game! Sing! Support! Stop the hate and booing. The boys all need our love. And we do love them, we love our team - so support only, yeah? We can make the team better if we do our bit from the sidelines. :)

I'd also like to say that Ange just strikes me as a people person and a genuine leader. He takes responsibility, doesn't blame his players, works instead to lift them up. Very basic leadership skills, but we haven't had them since prime Poch, so worth paying attention to. A team will automatically just play better together when they work as a unit and support one another. Mourinho and Conte created unnecessary division between players and fans and everyone. Bad leaders. Sure, they can win you a trophy, but come on now, having a proper football team pulling in the same direction is worth more than any trophy. Trophies will follow if we just follow this trail. Support the lads! Support the team! Get behind them in every single game! Sing! Support! Stop the hate and booing. The boys all need our love. And we do love them, we love our team - so support only, yeah? We can make the team better if we do our bit from the sidelines. :)
Credit to you for your attempts to inspire positivity but even Ange was unable to conceal his frustration with Hojbjerg yesterday after the Dane compounded too many misplaced passes (punctuated by the odd glorious one tbf) with a lazy punt upfield when all that was needed was a simple pass to Kane to launch a swift counter attack.

Credit to you for your attempts to inspire positivity but even Ange was unable to conceal his frustration with Hojbjerg yesterday after the Dane compounded too many misplaced passes (punctuated by the odd glorious one tbf) with a lazy punt upfield when all that was needed was a simple pass to Kane to launch a swift counter attack.

Sure, but after a display like that, you can't really single out a player for criticism. The coach reacting emotionally to what is going on on the pitch is only natural. I'm sure he didn't pick on Pierre after the game, for instance. But yeah, he probably doesn't have the ball control necessary to function optimally in Ange's system, but I imagine he could definitely play a role for us against tougher opposition where we need some stability in the middle of the park.

The difference for me (early days) is that Poch started to let himself get emotional publically, let the Latin spirit take a hold and as a result I remember losing faith that he was committed. I never doubted he was the right man, as at the time he was, and for me beyond Ange is the only guy I'd have in the hot seat for us, once I'd shaken off the Chelsea stink. What I doubted was he had the mettle to cope with the pressure and also the circumstances. In the 3nd I don't think he could, and it showed in our play.

With Ange, he's so pragmatic and, well, blunt, I feel like he's going to cope with the pressure better, on an ongoing basis, and while he will take the blame when things go wrong, he won't become the narrative himself. It's taken him a long time to get to this level and as a result he's very experienced, Poch was in his first "big" job and cracked in my view.

The difference for me (early days) is that Poch started to let himself get emotional publically, let the Latin spirit take a hold and as a result I remember losing faith that he was committed. I never doubted he was the right man, as at the time he was, and for me beyond Ange is the only guy I'd have in the hot seat for us, once I'd shaken off the Chelsea stink. What I doubted was he had the mettle to cope with the pressure and also the circumstances. In the 3nd I don't think he could, and it showed in our play.

With Ange, he's so pragmatic and, well, blunt, I feel like he's going to cope with the pressure better, on an ongoing basis, and while he will take the blame when things go wrong, he won't become the narrative himself. It's taken him a long time to get to this level and as a result he's very experienced, Poch was in his first "big" job and cracked in my view.
Levy broke him
The no player transfer windows is the root of all our problems. It got us used to mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Levy broke him
The no player transfer windows is the root of all our problems. It got us used to mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

im very much a Poch fan or at least I was. But he was offered players those transfer windows and turned them down, I have that on very good authority.

he himself said to the press something like:

“sometimes to be brave in the market is not signing anyone”

or something of that ilk

im very much a Poch fan or at least I was. But he was offered players those transfer windows and turned them down, I have that on very good authority.

or something of that ilk
When you've wanted certain players on several previous occasions and eventually accepted lower quality alternatives it isn't that surprising that you eventually get to the point when you don't accept the alternatives.... especially when the player you want instead is actually gettable.

When you've wanted certain players on several previous occasions and eventually accepted lower quality alternatives it isn't that surprising that you eventually get to the point when you don't accept the alternatives.... especially when the player you want instead is actually gettable.

yeah ok that’s a semi fair point, but when he was given the players he wanted we ended up with Ndombele for £60 odd million and reportedly 200k a week.

yeah ok that’s a semi fair point, but when he was given the players he wanted we ended up with Ndombele for £60 odd million and reportedly 200k a week.

Yep and the likelihood is that they were tinkled off with each other. Players turned down because of their Aura must have tinkled all the staff off who were working hard to present players to him.

or something of that ilk
Maybe he was offered players he didn’t want, hence turning them down?

Back