• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

It was, I think, meant to be 4-2-3-1 til we started to make subs with Sessegnkn on the left and Moura on the right and Gil behind Kane. Gio was also pushing up so much it actually then was more 4-1-4-1 with Winks holding his position

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Winks anchored the midfield pretty much on his own, and with Kane dropping deep a fair bit it was mostly a 415 with all the front players roaming apart from maybe Sess who stuck to the left.

Didn’t see the game
Was he basically playing an old school 10

We played 433 again. Winks sitting. Davies not really going past the halfway line.
Sessegnon wide on the left, Lucas on the right. Gil on the left of Winks and LoCelso on the right. The entire front 5 were very fluid. Gil and Lo Celso ending up running behind Kane or out wide. Sessegnon and Moura coming inside often. Kane dropping deep as usual. Doherty bombed on a lot.

It was completely different to the counter attacking style we had seen so far.

Hey Gil
Don't be afraid
To take the man on
And cross it over
Remember
To take it down on the wing
Then you begin
To make it better
Better better better better better better!
Hey Gil

Sorry mate any Gil chant has got to be The Smiths related.....

upload_2021-8-27_3-55-22.jpeg
images

Looked quality. PL opposition will make for a different challenge, but good to see.

Seems to have a bit of everything. Combination play, dribbling, good left foot, intensity, finds space for himself and others.

Looked very good last night, good movement which we seemed to lack a lot last season (style of play feeding into that of course) and some lovely passes. He was a bit unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, but it will come before long I am sure. He could have set Kane up for a hat trick but went for the shot himself. He looked very confident. He's a player I think we are all going to enjoy watching as the season unfolds.

We played 433 again. Winks sitting. Davies not really going past the halfway line.
Sessegnon wide on the left, Lucas on the right. Gil on the left of Winks and LoCelso on the right. The entire front 5 were very fluid. Gil and Lo Celso ending up running behind Kane or out wide. Sessegnon and Moura coming inside often. Kane dropping deep as usual. Doherty bombed on a lot.

It was completely different to the counter attacking style we had seen so far.
Agreed, it was something like that i.e. Davies Dier Romero staying back... Winks anchoring midfield, Doherty pushing up high and wide right, Sessegnon high and wide left, with Gil Kane LoCelso Moura intermingling all over the shop.

I feel entertained each time he touches the ball. And I couldn't say this about many of our players in recent seasons.
Amazing prospect. And he has much, much more than just speed and dribbling skills on the wing like Adama Traore.

This could be a proper lad, bums off seats type bloke.

we must be careful and develop him properly.

super sub in the league and a superstar in the conference league.

no need to rush the development too fast.

just have a nice warm giddy feeling that he will be iconic for us.

So a few interesting things

- He definitely has the excite the crowd bit
- He will win us a shed load of free kicks
- In both his games, he found an attacker in the box in the first 5-10 mins (Sessegnon in 1st leg, Kane in 2nd)

What really got me was the central play
- He is highly rated in Spain
- The hope was (even though he played wide mostly) he would mature into more central role and be an attacking point for Spain
- So to see us playing him there shows we did our research as well.

Agree, we got to manage him, but fudge he looks good ..

So a few interesting things

- He definitely has the excite the crowd bit
- He will win us a shed load of free kicks
- In both his games, he found an attacker in the box in the first 5-10 mins (Sessegnon in 1st leg, Kane in 2nd)

What really got me was the central play
- He is highly rated in Spain
- The hope was (even though he played wide mostly) he would mature into more central role and be an attacking point for Spain
- So to see us playing him there shows we did our research as well.

Agree, we got to manage him, but fudge he looks good ..
Will be interesting to see how he deals with things when it gets more physical. He doesn't look the strongest, but he seems to have at least some of that close control and smartness that allows some players to succeed despite that.

Luckily we don't have to rely on him too early and can be a bit patient. He seems to want to influence play quickly and prove himself good enough sooner rather than later.

Looks a real player.

Very impressed with his game last night, always on the move, good first touch, looks like he has a bit of pace and good movement. Early days for sure but we could have a future star on our hands here.

This could be a proper lad, bums off seats type bloke.

we must be careful and develop him properly.

super sub in the league and a superstar in the conference league.

no need to rush the development too fast.

just have a nice warm giddy feeling that he will be iconic for us.
I really don't want to wait. He looks very ready right now, of course his size may impair but it might not. He's got the close control and quickness of touch that suggests he'd cause the brutes more trouble than they might cause him.

I can't wait to see him start playing.

I really don't want to wait. He looks very ready right now, of course his size may impair but it might not. He's got the close control and quickness of touch that suggests he'd cause the brutes more trouble than they might cause him.

I can't wait to see him start playing.
Size is nothing if you don't have the skills to go with it. Just ask your missus (you set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down :rolleyes:)
Doesn't seem to hold back Messi or our Lucas for that matter. Looks very exciting, we could have a real gem on our hands. I'm suddenly starting to be optimistic. Not a normal feeling for a Spurs fan. Might have a lie down, it'll pass.......

Back