• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Made the squad for Korea, think that’s means it’s a loan not a sale next up for him.

very happy with that.

Agreed. Think he's a player with a lot of potential. the biggest question I have about him at the moment though is how he might fit into a Conte formation

He looks a bit more mature now. Maybe it was the image with Le Celco next to him, but seems to be bulking out a little. Certainly good enough for lessor cup games; is he good enough to change games from the bench? Quietly hopeful that he can.

He looks a bit more mature now. Maybe it was the image with Le Celco next to him, but seems to be bulking out a little. Certainly good enough for lessor cup games; is he good enough to change games from the bench? Quietly hopeful that he can.
Does he? Looks more like Bentacur has brought his son along here:D….

Attachments

• 86A5B7A3-2524-41AC-9C8E-A9A41E128CC4.jpeg
    86A5B7A3-2524-41AC-9C8E-A9A41E128CC4.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 37
FXYzp7BWQAQIRhb

I think this guy is quite tall but can he beef up (significantly) or is he someone who is destined to remain ultra skinny for life?

If he can really bulk up then he could have big potential for us.

I think this guy is quite tall but can he beef up (significantly) or is he someone who is destined to remain ultra skinny for life?

If he can really bulk up then he could have big potential for us.

Been plenty of players that have been good and skinny. Need enough strength of course, but I think that's perfectly doable, not like he's a complete lightweight.

Of course having neither strength or extreme pace on your side makes things more difficult, but he's a really talented player already at a high level.

It seems like he's likely to head out on another loan to Spain. Not sure Conte sees him as a good fit, that for me would be more of a concern than his physical attributes. But perhaps it's more not ready yet rather than not a good fit.

Been plenty of players that have been good and skinny. Need enough strength of course, but I think that's perfectly doable, not like he's a complete lightweight.

Of course having neither strength or extreme pace on your side makes things more difficult, but he's a really talented player already at a high level.

It seems like he's likely to head out on another loan to Spain. Not sure Conte sees him as a good fit, that for me would be more of a concern than his physical attributes. But perhaps it's more not ready yet rather than not a good fit.

My take on it is that he's a left footed player, who has been used to playing on the left. Conte wants his #10s playing on the opposite side and cutting in. Gil has the technique to do this but it is a different skill to he is used to and this is where I think that he needs experience. Valencia have been playing with a front three under Gattuso, so there is a hope that he may get this on loan.

My take on it is that he's a left footed player, who has been used to playing on the left. Conte wants his #10s playing on the opposite side and cutting in. Gil has the technique to do this but it is a different skill to he is used to and this is where I think that he needs experience. Valencia have been playing with a front three under Gattuso, so there is a hope that he may get this on loan.

Solid take. Conte seemed to use him very sparingly last season, taking little time to send him out on loan. I think it may be more than just learning that role. But I obviously don't know.

Conte really likes him but I suspect he is being sent away for now because he is too skinny and Conte loves physical beasts in his team.

He needs to go to Valencia and play on the right like Milo said and he needs to be given a new dietary and weights programme to beef up significantly.

Solid take. Conte seemed to use him very sparingly last season, taking little time to send him out on loan. I think it may be more than just learning that role. But I obviously don't know.

I think that certainly when he joined, he still had some physical development to do and had a weak shot. I think that we saw some improvement in the pre-season friendlies this summer but it can be difficult to judge from non-competitive games.

Conte really likes him but I suspect he is being sent away for now because he is too skinny and Conte loves physical beasts in his team.

He needs to go to Valencia and play on the right like Milo said and he needs to be given a new dietary and weights programme to beef up significantly.
From a Conte - Gil perspective I don't think he'd get many minutes this season, so on balance he'd be better off going out on loan. Valencia are a good level of club and he was certainly appreciated, and impressed in the games he played. Two things to consider with a Valencia loan this season though...his manager is different, hopefully Gattuso takes to him. Secondly, they have no European football this season, so less game opportunities.

FWIW I don't think we have any intentions to sell him (ATM)...he's in the second season of a five year deal..he's part of the talent stream that you assume is to replenish the squad as it ages. He might need to bulk up (he may already be doing so) but there are plenty of PL diminutive midfielders, obviously technically and skillfully elite...but Gil could easily be that.

This rule about not being able to load to EPL sides is a weird. One. Surely they could allow it but with a limit? Otherwise all it means is that we loan them out abroad. Not sure its really stopping the issue or helping. He could do with a loan to an EPL team to get used to the premier league.

This rule about not being able to load to EPL sides is a weird. One. Surely they could allow it but with a limit? Otherwise all it means is that we loan them out abroad. Not sure its really stopping the issue or helping. He could do with a loan to an EPL team to get used to the premier league.

It's only for the same window they were bought in. We can loan spence in jan to a prem club.

From a Conte - Gil perspective I don't think he'd get many minutes this season, so on balance he'd be better off going out on loan. Valencia are a good level of club and he was certainly appreciated, and impressed in the games he played. Two things to consider with a Valencia loan this season though...his manager is different, hopefully Gattuso takes to him. Secondly, they have no European football this season, so less game opportunities.

FWIW I don't think we have any intentions to sell him (ATM)...he's in the second season of a five year deal..he's part of the talent stream that you assume is to replenish the squad as it ages. He might need to bulk up (he may already be doing so) but there are plenty of PL diminutive midfielders, obviously technically and skillfully elite...but Gil could easily be that.

He's on the fringes of the Spain WC squad, I don't think that he would be going there if he didn't think that he would be starting games. Gattuso spoke about him in his presser last week and made it clear that he was a priority signing.

He's on the fringes of the Spain WC squad, I don't think that he would be going there if he didn't think that he would be starting games. Gattuso spoke about him in his presser last week and made it clear that he was a priority signing.
that is good for us then. And them.

Back