• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Gil will be in his prime? You really think it's going to take about 5 years to learn new routines?
Eriksen will be good for another couple of years. He's also on a free that allows us to spend elsewhere that's needed.

Is gil not 21? Two years he will be 23 and entering his prime. Don't know where five years comes from.
Gil is already on our books and I'll bet with a lower wage than Eriksen would want, so financially that doesn't really stack up either.

Agree with needing a deeper squad, but who knows what Gil will look like in his prime. I think we have been so starved of decent signings in recent years that many on here get excited over any singing who shows the slightest bit of talent.

Gil didn’t dominate any games, and that was at that Europa Conference League level but showed a few decent touches and there were people clamouring for him to start in the PL. NDombele showed flashes here and there yet seldom put in a performance for a full game and people were going nuts when he wasn’t picked - it was Jose the dinosaur killing football or whatever and took for Conte to clarify he was no good before people accepted it. We have a load of people talking about Sarr coming in and making a difference next season, an 18 year old who has ability yet not done an awful lot in France. Eriksen remains one of the best playmakers in the game, he’s shown at Brentford he’s still got it and I would take him here for the next 2-3 seasons to help us progress over any of our punts personally……

Who knows what Eriksen will be like.

Impose himself in the conference, like Harry kane did when mura beat us?
Or did gil get us knocked out on his own?

Lets sell Kane & Son while at the same time turning down quality at the level of Eriksen in order to keep inferior players

Sounds like a recipe for success

when is a good time to sell kane and son?

under poch in our best run it was a team of untested talents which over time became quality.

one of the issues that plague football clubs is hanging on to players too long. Lampard, Gerrard comes to mind and hopefully not Kane for us.
Alex Ferguson was really good at shifting out talents at their prime, so far Klopp hasn't been too bad too (but the acid test is how he replaces Salah and Mane).

arsenal now looks to be doing what we did by letting their top players go and investing in a new generation with huge potential.

just pondering - i don't have any answers except i am highly suspicious that kane is past his prime due to his dodgy ankles and would not take the risk holding on to him too long.

under poch in our best run it was a team of untested talents which over time became quality.

one of the issues that plague football clubs is hanging on to players too long. Lampard, Gerrard comes to mind and hopefully not Kane for us.
Alex Ferguson was really good at shifting out talents at their prime, so far Klopp hasn't been too bad too (but the acid test is how he replaces Salah and Mane).

arsenal now looks to be doing what we did by letting their top players go and investing in a new generation with huge potential.

just pondering - i don't have any answers except i am highly suspicious that kane is past his prime due to his dodgy ankles and would not take the risk holding on to him too long.

We gave already held on to kane and son for to long.

Our buying policy has been wrong for years, over taken by the likes of West ham who go for talented championship quality or young hungry Europeans. We go for the level that think they have made it and don't try as hard.

Alex Ferguson was able to sell players and replace them with proven quality by virtue of being the biggest/richest team in the land. Shouldn't need to be pointed out either that his United teams were top quality across the board and so less reliant on individuals, so it had less of an impact. Anyway, were Stam & Beckham their best players when they were sold? Not for me..

Arsenal right now aren't really comparable as they have shipped out expensive wasters/poor buys that the manager has wanted to sell, you could compare to Poch with Adebayor and that cabal of players in 14/15.

When would be the right time to sell your best players? I don't think there is a right time, more a case of least-worse time, and that time would be when you have a strong team across the board and confidence in your buying department to replace them well (similar to the SAF example above) the closest we have got to that was under Poch - but as we saw post WHL our buying has been shocking so the liklihood that a different approach to team building (wrt to selling our best players) would have seen an improvement is fanciful and would likely have just expedited our drop out of the top 4.

Right now we need to cling on to what little quality we have in the hope that our summer signings supplement those players and help make the team stronger as a unit

Alex Ferguson was able to sell players and replace them with proven quality by virtue of being the biggest/richest team in the land. Shouldn't need to be pointed out either that his United teams were top quality across the board and so less reliant on individuals, so it had less of an impact. Anyway, were Stam & Beckham their best players when they were sold? Not for me..

Arsenal right now aren't really comparable as they have shipped out expensive wasters/poor buys that the manager has wanted to sell, you could compare to Poch with Adebayor and that cabal of players in 14/15.

When would be the right time to sell your best players? I don't think there is a right time, more a case of least-worse time, and that time would be when you have a strong team across the board and confidence in your buying department to replace them well (similar to the SAF example above) the closest we have got to that was under Poch - but as we saw post WHL our buying has been shocking so the liklihood that a different approach to team building (wrt to selling our best players) would have seen an improvement is fanciful and would likely have just expedited our drop out of the top 4.

Right now we need to cling on to what little quality we have in the hope that our summer signings supplement those players and help make the team stronger as a unit

Bolded bit, i keep seeing this, can we get some expensive wasters who have won multiple medals for Tottenham please?
I see quite a few expensive players at Tottenham, but no medals.

Bolded bit, i keep seeing this, can we get some expensive wasters who have won multiple medals for Tottenham please?
I see quite a few expensive players at Tottenham, but no medals.

We have bought poorly since we were at our peak under Poch and are in the process of clearing those players out, the quality that predates this aren't the issue

Is gil not 21? Two years he will be 23 and entering his prime. Don't know where five years comes from.
Gil is already on our books and I'll bet with a lower wage than Eriksen would want, so financially that doesn't really stack up either.
26-27 is entering prime, not 23. Gil has done nothing so far to show he is good enough. Eriksen has.
If we had Eriksen this season I'm confident that we'd be fighting for 3rd at worst. The extra wages for Eriksen would be well covered by that.

26-27 is entering prime, not 23. Gil has done nothing so far to show he is good enough. Eriksen has.
If we had Eriksen this season I'm confident that we'd be fighting for 3rd at worst. The extra wages for Eriksen would be well covered by that.

Eriksen only came back from his illness in the last couple of months, so we wouldn't have had him for this season.
I'll leave this one here now, its all speculation and assumation. We have different opinions, no big deal and its unlikely we will ever be able to get a fair comparison.

Have heard very little about him so far this summer. What are the chances we keep him in the squad? Presumably we’d like another attacking body in addition to Kane, Son, Kulu, Richarlison and Moura? (Appreciate Perisic can play there too, but personally I’d like to see 2 players per position).

Will be interesting to see what happens with Gil now over the summer. Seems like he's probably not leaving until at least he's gotten some of pre season.

There's definitely a player there. Could be a good option for our attack and potentially also if we ever want to move to a midfield three.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Gil now over the summer. Seems like he's probably not leaving until at least he's gotten some of pre season.

There's definitely a player there. Could be a good option for our attack and potentially also if we ever want to move to a midfield three.

Loan him. Have richarlison and son in front of him. Perisic can play there too. If we do bring in an am that cuts his time down further. At his age he needs minutes. Why parrott needs another loan too.

Loan him. Have richarlison and son in front of him. Perisic can play there too. If we do bring in an am that cuts his time down further. At his age he needs minutes. Why parrott needs another loan too.
Parrot nah be used as cover wide right IMO
Gil can plan centrally too and has great ball retention
I personally don’t think we’re after the AM. We have literally only been linked with eriksen who plays that role and that hasn’t happened

Definitely needs minutes. If he won't get that there's no point keeping him around. Would be more in favour of a loan than a sale as I think he has something special about him.

I do think there's the possibility that he steps up quite a bit from what we saw from him last season. I also think that in terms of player profile he's the closest we have to a Kulusevski replacement. Not as physical, but a link player that can cut inside, can operate wider.

Not to say he should be the first backup for Kulusevski. Just think we'll know more as preseason progresses about what Conte thinks.

Back