• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

Johnson was barely given the ball when he was on the right against Villa.

He wasn't making himself open enough, either being lazy or hiding (and yes that sounds brutal). Compared to Gil (who hasn't played in forever) who kept moving, pressing, giving players behind him an open pass.

Easily our worse player in the game. That said, he's young, had better games for us, will need to improve.

Concern is with him and Richi, we don't have someone owning that slot right now.

He wasn't making himself open enough, either being lazy or hiding (and yes that sounds brutal). Compared to Gil (who hasn't played in forever) who kept moving, pressing, giving players behind him an open pass.

Easily our worse player in the game. That said, he's young, had better games for us, will need to improve.

Concern is with him and Richi, we don't have someone owning that slot right now.

I also heard the bench screaming at Johnson to track back a few times yesterday, he's a bit work-shy from my viewings of him so far. Great when he gets the ball but has to be in an almost perfect situation. Doesn't help out much defensively, very direct can't really take it on the turn like Gil did several times against Villa.. He needs work.

I also heard the bench screaming at Johnson to track back a few times yesterday, he's a bit work-shy from my viewings of him so far. Great when he gets the ball but has to be in an almost perfect situation. Doesn't help out much defensively, very direct can't really take it on the turn like Gil did several times against Villa.. He needs work.

He's had good games (so that needs to be taken into consideration) but he looked lazy yesterday, and he did that (fudging annoying) thing of being not quite open, not quite high enough or deep enough to affect play.

Reactions: jrh
22 years of age and trying to fit into a new team that is missing a lot of our best players. Kid has talent and has only played a handful of games. He was one of Forests best players when i have watched them so i will hold fire on how good he can/will improve. Early days.

What I like about Johnson. He always seems to be involved in chances and assists..

His game play can pick up. But he is still contributing..

The way he strikes the ball for them, doesn't fizz them across or get whip on them. A lot are sort of dinked up, the kind that make them look like a random toe poke but they're obviously not. He's created a fair few changes, I think he can get 10 or more assists.

If only he'd got the set-up pass correct at the end of the game. We'd have certainly had a shot on goal, possibly a winner, and definitely none of this distracting guff about the referee

The technique of running is frighteningly similar to the Bale goal against Barca in the copa del rey final in 2014.

When we have Romero back to long pass to Johnson to set him away on the counter, that’s when the fun will be had. We can unlock deadly counter attacks with Johnson’s pace and direct running.

Can see him being huge for us in future. I wasn’t too sure on him when we signed him but seen enough to be excited about his prospects with us.

I find him very promising, it's nice that he can play both sides as well. Gives us options although I prefer him on the left, it makes him a bit more direct as he gets shots off and he can still create (Kulu goal). Given a run of games and fitness I think he might turn into a 8-12 goal a season wide man. Its not gonna be this season but next season and the seasons going forward I think might well be that guy, he would have to start on the left though.

When we have Romero back to long pass to Johnson to set him away on the counter, that’s when the fun will be had. We can unlock deadly counter attacks with Johnson’s pace and direct running.

Can see him being huge for us in future. I wasn’t too sure on him when we signed him but seen enough to be excited about his prospects with us.
How long has he played with Madison so far? Half an hour? That's another avenue of interest to me, as our intricate work around the box featuring udogie and madders will have another element added to our forward play in that we will have genuine frightening pace to break through the lines. Son is quick, so is Kulu but Johnson is rapid....

Better game from him, still needs to be more involved but contributed, put City under pressure and created goal that got us the points .. well done

Young kid settling into a new team, but for me he has the talent (and the pace) to become a really good player.

How unlucky has he been with chances too. Having had balls nicked before him seemingly having a clear chance etc....when they start dropping the lads gonna get a bagful

Back