• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Friday

I went on the Tesco site on Saturday having watched the morning news and what was going on with Black Friday. Sitting there with my pipe and wearing my slippers I went through the Tesco site only to find the TV these low life idiots had been fighting over.

£99 40" Blaupunkt TV. My first thought wasn't to buy it, it was, oh my, how Blaupunkt had fallen from grace. I remember when they were the car stereo to own before cars became fitted with them. A respected brand. I then saw the 50hz and closed the page.

Black Friday week is all about getting rid of the ****e.

I saw Amazon had there Cyber Monday sponsored by Xbox One. I saw no Xbox Ones available on it. lol

I think people are being a little unfair on the charity challenge thing. If someone just gave £10 and didn't say anything then the charity would get £10, if you do the challenge and post the video, nominate someone else and it goes viral then the charity could end up getting thousands. Not everyone that does it is just doing to say look at me (although a lot are)

As for Black Friday, it's clearly designed to be 1 day so that people get worked up into a frenzy and don't have time to question if it's actually a good deal. I spent 15 minutes waiting to get on the currys website to see if they had a deal on the 48" TV I've had my eye on. I get in there and it says it's £100 off, on closer inspection the £100 off relates to the price it was back in July and it's the same price it was last week. How many people just blindly buy TVs and other ****e just because they think they're saving money?

This sort of thing should be banned, any sale should last at least 2 weeks so that people have time to asses the validity of the deal and to stop the mad rush and traffic congestion.

my problem is with the people who don't actually hand over any cash just post the video or photo and thinking that they are helping through "raising awareness"

I saw Amazon had there Cyber Monday sponsored by Xbox One. I saw no Xbox Ones available on it. lol

They did have them but for like 5 min burst through out the day, did not seam like that great a deal especially as it was a very bare package.

Back