• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Biased BBC

I know it's impossible to tar people with the same brush, and nobody fully subscribes to one party's views, but I'll give a go at defining in general right-wing philosophy:

- Taxes are robbery (I'm pretty sure someone on here has said that verbatim at some point). I earn my money fairly and the government has no right to take it off me to pay for people who don't work as hard.

- Corporations should be allowed to operate as they like, since they bring business to our country and hence jobs and prosperity. More regulation means they will leave us for other countries and we will all suffer as a nation.

- Benefit cheats and scroungers are scum. They live off our hard earned taxes and drag our economy into the ground.

I guess that pretty much sums up what I believe a lot of right wing people think. I apologise if this is not you, but it's certainly the impression you guys generally give on here (to me at least).

- Taxes are robbery (I'm pretty sure someone on here has said that verbatim at some point). NO. PROVIDING THEY ARE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE, THEY'RE A NECESSARY WAY OF ENSURING THOSE THAT NEED HELP GET IT. YOU SHOULDN'T TAX SUCCESS. IT HAS BEEN PROVED THAT IF YOU RAISE TAXES FOR THE WEALTH CREATORS, THEY WILL PAY LESS TAX

- Corporations should be allowed to operate as they like. NO. WRONG

- Benefit cheats and scroungers are scum. YES. SURELY YOU AGREE WITH THIS TOO?

With regards point 3: yes there are always people who will abuse a system which aims to help those who need help. However if we are weighting economic issues by the impact they have, benefit fraud is miniscule compared to things such as tax evasion and inefficiency in the public sector. They're a nice spacegoat to let people vent their anger, but I disagree with holding that point as an important one, as it is unavoidable and hides the real issues.

Interseting topic and some very good views, but i stopped reading when it was suggested that Sky news is in any way impartial. :ross:

Based on what?

SHow links to editorial bia please.

Like all Murdoch entities they play to the gallery.

Please tell me you're having a laugh when you think Dermot Murnaghan is right wing!! :)

The Sun supports winners, if they think the BNP will win the election they'll support them!

I would say that Sky has a right wing bias. But at least its not a hidden agenda.

They don't claim to be impartial on the front page of their website

I know it's impossible to tar people with the same brush, and nobody fully subscribes to one party's views, but I'll give a go at defining in general right-wing philosophy:

- Taxes are robbery (I'm pretty sure someone on here has said that verbatim at some point). I earn my money fairly and the government has no right to take it off me to pay for people who don't work as hard.

- Corporations should be allowed to operate as they like, since they bring business to our country and hence jobs and prosperity. More regulation means they will leave us for other countries and we will all suffer as a nation.

- Benefit cheats and scroungers are scum. They live off our hard earned taxes and drag our economy into the ground.

I guess that pretty much sums up what I believe a lot of right wing people think. I apologise if this is not you, but it's certainly the impression you guys generally give on here (to me at least).

Taxes - Are fair, the rich should pay more as they earn more. Although I would have a flat tax as it's fairer!

Corporations - Banks are corporations right? A lack of regulation worked well there didn't it?! Government should be concerned with SAFETY...we need strong regulators to stop corporate greed overiding the need to do the right thing. I believe health and safety at work and other HR based regulations are job killers.

Benefits - Pensioners and the disabled should have their payments increased!! They truly need the money. Fit 21 year old men should not EVER get benefit. They should take ANY job that they can get. I'll point to the number of foreign workers doing the low paid manual jobs in this country, such as picking fruit and veg, (mainly eastern europeans) that these men could do.

People who pretend to be disabled, (the number claiming incapacity benefit DOUBLED under the last Labour government) :) !!!! are scum in my eyes. People with 10 fudging kids who can't support them and STILL keep having more are scum, yes 100% We spend ?ú200 BILLION a year on the welfare state, twice the NHS budget and the single largest area of expenditure. You wanna defend scum, good for you.

So in summary....you don't have a fudging clue what my beliefs are or aren't.........I would venture you're quite young? Probably a student? Probaly still living at home, smoke weed, no ambition, thinks the world owes you a living but in fact you're just a failure who can't handle the real world and competition.

But that would be unfair though wouldn't it?

28jxjma.png

:ross:

you see that map posted on here quite a lot, usually accompanied by condescending rolling smiley thing.

i don't personally like it as it doesn't really provide a true picture, obviously, metropolitan areas which tend to be much more left/liberal leaning represent a much smaller geographical area but have higher population densities

this is a truer representation as each constituency gets an equal geographical weighting - http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/interactive/2010/may/06/uk-election-results-map

I'm sure this will rile some of you up but it could be argued that the tories get in by the back back door if we consider that the opposite of conservative is progressive (not labour) and the two progressive parties (Labour and Lib Dem) make up a far greater proportion of the electorate than the conservatives, i'll get me bullet proof jacket ready!

With regards point 3: yes there are always people who will abuse a system which aims to help those who need help. However if we are weighting economic issues by the impact they have, benefit fraud is miniscule compared to things such as tax evasion and inefficiency in the public sector. They're a nice spacegoat to let people vent their anger, but I disagree with holding that point as an important one, as it is unavoidable and hides the real issues.

Please link to impartial evidence of what benefit fraud is and what taxes corporations evade. Named companies and amounts please.

Last edited:
you see that map posted on here quite a lot, usually accompanied by condescending rolling smiley thing.

i don't personally like it as it doesn't really provide a true picture, obviously, metropolitan areas which tend to be much more left/liberal leaning represent a much smaller geographical area but have higher population densities

this is a truer representation as each constituency gets an equal geographical weighting - http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/interactive/2010/may/06/uk-election-results-map

I'm sure this will rile some of you up but it could be argued that the tories get in by the back back door if we consider that the opposite of conservative is progressive (not labour) and the two progressive parties (Labour and Lib Dem) make up a far greater proportion of the electorate than the conservatives, i'll get me bullet proof jacket ready!

What the map tells me is I want English independence.

You all really believe the BBC is 100% behind the Labour party don't you? Can't you just accept that you are all very right-wing, and hence an impartial media company which attempts to represent a nation in which no party has a majority following is going to appear left-wing to you? I am no Labour supporter btw, and I still believe the BBC is a massive, massive force for good in this country. And I really do not see this "flagrant Labour bias" that you're all going on about.

You're not looking very hard mate. The BBC is a disgrace.

"I do remember... the corridors of Broadcasting House were strewn with empty champagne bottles. I'll always remember that" Jane Garvey
BBC Five Live, May 10th, 2007, recalling May 2nd, 1997.

"We need to foster peculiarity, idiosyncrasy, stubborn-mindedness, left-of-centre thinking." Ben Stephenson BBC Drama Commissioning Controller Guardian, July 16th 2009

"The idea of a tax on the ownership of a television belongs in the 1950s. Why not tax people for owning a washing machine to fund the manufacture of Persil?",
Jeremy Paxman
James MacTaggart Memorial Lecture, Aug 24th, 2007.

"The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias",
Andrew Marr
the Daily Mail, Oct 21st, 2006.

"I do remember... the corridors of Broadcasting House were strewn with empty champagne bottles. I'll always remember that"
Jane Garvey
BBC Five Live, May 10th, 2007, recalling May 2nd, 1997.

"We need to foster peculiarity, idiosyncrasy, stubborn-mindedness, left-of-centre thinking."
Ben Stephenson
BBC Drama Commissioning Controller
Guardian, July 16th 2009

Based on what?

SHow links to editorial bia please.

Like all Murdoch entities they play to the gallery.

Please tell me you're having a laugh when you think Dermot Murnaghan is right wing!! :)

The Sun supports winners, if they think the BNP will win the election they'll support them!

My point is that ALL news agencys be they TV or newspapers have a agenda, so to suggest that SKY are impartial is foolish.

Great thread... been saying for years the BBC are unashamedly bias to the Labour and the left in general. Borris makes a great case and speaks alot of sense (something he doesn't do on camera). But then maybe this is why he was re-elected? The voters obviously know there's an intelligent man behind the floppy hair and wacky comments

The point that the BBC's apologists miss every time is this.

No one is compelled by law to pay for Sky, The Telegraph or any other media provider.

If you own a television set in the UK you are required to fund the BBC, whether you watch it or not.

Given the blatant pro Labour, EU, Islam and CAGW bias that the BBC demonstrates all of the time, it should be forced to rely on subscriptions. If it's as great as it clearly thinks it is, the BBC should have no problem finding enough subscribers to support it.

I won't be one of them.

Back