• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Biased BBC

Could someone please name me a media organisation that is not biased towards its funders? At least the beeb is funded by the people and so primarily looks out for them. Much more palatable than the myriad right wing organisations funded by big business and tailored towards that agenda only. Do you really want our news coverage to be similar to that in America?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17499332

"The NHS was facing thousands of nursing job losses, Labour said"

"Shadow health secretary Andy Burnham said the government was giving tax cuts to millionaires and P45s to nurses."

The actual truth is an increase in funding of ?ú12.5bn and the majority of job losses being from non front-line staff.

More proof of scare mongering by the BBC aided by Labour.

Just to point out the NHS is the UKs leading employer with over 1.5m employees, there are only 4 employers in the world with a greater workforce, the US Military Dept, The Chinese Army, Walmart and MacDonalds.

BIased towards its funders?

Erm.....the BBC is meant to IMPARTIALLY report the news, nothing more or less.

Glad to see you recognise BIAS where you see it.

The Mail and other papers are PRIVATELY owned, they can report what the want and they will lose or gain readers based on whether they reflect the opinions of their readership.

The BBC is funded via our taxes, it's meant to be for the whole country, regardless of political leaning.

By that main measure it's not fir for purpose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17499332

"The NHS was facing thousands of nursing job losses, Labour said"

"Shadow health secretary Andy Burnham said the government was giving tax cuts to millionaires and P45s to nurses."

The actual truth is an increase in funding of ?ú12.5bn and the majority of job losses being from non front-line staff.

More proof of scare mongering by the BBC aided by Labour.

Just to point out the NHS is the UKs leading employer with over 1.5m employees, there are only 4 employers in the world with a greater workforce, the US Military Dept, The Chinese Army, Walmart and MacDonalds.

And the fact that Labour said they would cut NHS spending by 18% whereby the Tories are maintaining NHS budgets.

But lets just use the BBC as a mouthpiece for Labour to pretend they are the party of the NHS.

The 1.5m workers in the NHS represents about 5% of the UK workforce, no other country in the world has that proportion of health workers funded by the state.

I see it more as a lack of pressure from private funding which prevents a right-wing bias. The BBC has no responsibility to represent any private firm or interest, and so will naturally be on the side of the PEOPLE, a standpoint which is tragically under-represented in the entire media, and one which would simply not exist if there was no publically funded news organisation (again, see America). The fact of the matter is that a viewpoint based around the people is obviously going to be more left wing, or simply less right wing than the rest of the media. I know that makes your blood boil, but don't fret, your viewpoint is very well respresented on the news stands so just chill.

I see it more as a lack of pressure from private funding which prevents a right-wing bias. The BBC has no responsibility to represent any private firm or interest, and so will naturally be on the side of the PEOPLE, a standpoint which is tragically under-represented in the entire media, and one which would simply not exist if there was no publically funded news organisation (again, see America). The fact of the matter is that a viewpoint based around the people is obviously going to be more left wing, or simply less right wing than the rest of the media. I know that makes your blood boil, but don't fret, your viewpoint is very well respresented on the news stands so just chill.

28jxjma.png

:ross:

Conservative Labour Lib Dem
Popular vote 10,703,654 8,606,517 6,836,248
Percentage 36.1% 29.0% 23.0%

53% of the people did not vote Conservative. Labour and Lib Dem can both be regarded as left wing.

EDIT: In fact 63.9% didn't vote conservative, the 53% is just the Labour+Lib Dem.

Labour: 29%

71% of people did not vote for Labour

The BBC has a left wing bias, not a liberal bias

By your rationale, it should have a right wing bias as over 1/3 of the "people" voted Tory

Could someone please name me a media organisation that is not biased towards its funders? At least the beeb is funded by the people and so primarily looks out for them. Much more palatable than the myriad right wing organisations funded by big business and tailored towards that agenda only. Do you really want our news coverage to be similar to that in America?

I am forced to pay for the BBC. I choose whether or not I want to pay for, say, the Guardian. That's the difference. The Guardian can say whatever the fudge it wants, really, but when 90% of taxes are paid by the country's top 10% of earners, the BBC is not biased towards its funders at all.

53% of the people did not vote Conservative. Labour and Lib Dem can both be regarded as left wing.

EDIT: In fact 63.9% didn't vote conservative, the 53% is just the Labour+Lib Dem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/insidethebbc/whoweare/mission_and_values/

[h=2]Our values[/h]
  • Trust is the foundation of the BBC: we are independent, impartial and honest.
  • Audiences are at the heart of everything we do.
  • We take pride in delivering quality and value for money.
  • Creativity is the lifeblood of our organisation.
  • We respect each other and celebrate our diversity so that everyone can give their best.
  • We are one BBC: great things happen when we work together.
The Royal Charter and Agreement also sets out six public purposes for the BBC.

I am forced to pay for the BBC. I choose whether or not I want to pay for, say, the Guardian. That's the difference. The Guardian can say whatever the fudge it wants, really, but when 90% of taxes are paid by the country's top 10% of earners, the BBC is not biased towards its funders at all.

The license fee is the same whether you are in the top 10% or not.

Labour: 29%

71% of people did not vote for Labour

The BBC has a left wing bias, not a liberal bias

By your rationale, it should have a right wing bias as over 1/3 of the "people" voted Tory

You all really believe the BBC is 100% behind the Labour party don't you? Can't you just accept that you are all very right-wing, and hence an impartial media company which attempts to represent a nation in which no party has a majority following is going to appear left-wing to you? I am no Labour supporter btw, and I still believe the BBC is a massive, massive force for good in this country. And I really do not see this "flagrant Labour bias" that you're all going on about.

What the fudge are you on about?

The Tories won the last election? Ergo they represent the opinion of the country more than any other party, so the BBC isn't exactly representing them is it?

The Guardian, The Independent, The Mirror?? Right wing? OK THEN!
Sky News is more impartial than the BBC! They actually have both sides of a debate represented! Question Time is another one with biased panels on every week.

You all really believe the BBC is 100% behind the Labour party don't you? Can't you just accept that you are all very right-wing, and hence an impartial media company which attempts to represent a nation in which no party has a majority following is going to appear left-wing to you? I am no Labour supporter btw, and I still believe the BBC is a massive, massive force for good in this country. And I really do not see this "flagrant Labour bias" that you're all going on about.

You're entitled to your opinion.....massive force for good? ?ú4 billion budget? I would have the News Room and regional News and fudge the rest off.

Let them stand on their own two feet. The hilarity of them hammering Murdoch on competition grounds is priceless, they are the killer of plurality and competition in our media.

And yes, I REALLY believe what's in front of my eyes actually, that the BBC is COMPLETELY in lock step with the Labour Party.

Also - please define Right Wing for me? Since you have such a sound understanding of my views and beliefs I'd like to check if you're a clever as you think you are.

Lib Dem's aren't left wing per se.......they win in the South West in traditional Tory seats.

The BBC should hold the government to account, I have no issue with that and it's their democratic right and responsibility. But they have obvious bias both in what they choose to report and more importantly what they OMIT from their reports.

Interseting topic and some very good views, but i stopped reading when it was suggested that Sky news is in any way impartial. :ross:

Lib Dem's aren't left wing per se.......they win in the South West in traditional Tory seats.

The BBC should hold the government to account, I have no issue with that and it's their democratic right and responsibility. But they have obvious bias both in what they choose to report and more importantly what they OMIT from their reports.
In Taunton, where my Mum lives, the Lib Dem MP is about as Tory as they get but wins every election because they like him locally.

Back