• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Besiktas - match ratings

Harry 8.5. Great goal and excellent for 60 mins but faded badly.
Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I'm a Kane fan but think he is getting overhyped, his goal was good but he effectively only played for an hour & gets an 8.5..?

Hugo 20, his 10 and vlads 10
Fazio 7.5 solid in a black hole of a pairing with vlad
Vlad 0, nuf said
Dier 6, not his postion and did ok
Davies 5, rocky start seemed a bit lost, but stuck to it
Strambouli 7. Hard work little bits skill
Bentaleb 6. A long way to go but he tries all the time and most the time it's the right things
Townsend 7.5, lots of purpose 1st half but faded physically and mentally.
Paulinho 6.5, decent game out on the wing, always looking for the ball and willing to close down
Harry 8.5. Great goal and excellent for 60 mins but faded badly.
Soldado 8. Great touches and movement. Second half he was our creative player
Lennon 5, made to do to much defensive work
Dembelle 5, good skill bad decisions

Ade 4. In fairness wasn't on long enough to make a difference

More positives than negatives

Soldado 8? what? against Besiktas yesterday right?

Soldado 8? what? against Besiktas yesterday right?

I dont think he, or anyone really, warranted an 8 but he definitely got into the game second half and did way more than Ade has done in the past two or three games. Deserves a start in front of the likes of Lamela, Erikksen and Chadli. He had nothing playing with Paulinho and Townsend. Not much creativity there.

I'm a Kane fan but think he is getting overhyped, his goal was good but he effectively only played for an hour & gets an 8.5..?

Agreed, I think 6.5/7 would be fair and that should be the highest mark for an outfield player yesterday, we were pretty poor all be it with a second XI against a good side.

Lloris 9
Dier 7
Chiriches 4
Fazio 6.5
Davies 6
Stambouli 7
Bentaleb 6
Townsend 6
Kane 7
Paulinho 5
Soldado 6

Dembele 6
Lennon 6
Ade 5

Lloris 9
Dier 7
Chiriches 4
Fazio 6.5
Davies 6
Stambouli 7
Bentaleb 6
Townsend 6
Kane 7
Paulinho 5
Soldado 6

Dembele 6
Lennon 6
Ade 5

Agree with these - The thing with Soldado and I don't know if some clever techy can show a clip of min: 16.00 - 17.30 of that game, watch his runs where he was screaming for a through ball, twice he could have got behind but the ball never came. Our midfield are just incapable of that type of pass, and forcing him to go out wide to collect the ball. He was making them runs throughout the 1st half, not one arrived so no surprise he got more involved when he changed - but that's not what we need, we need him in the box.

Agree with these - The thing with Soldado and I don't know if some clever techy can show a clip of min: 16.00 - 17.30 of that game, watch his runs where he was screaming for a through ball, twice he could have got behind but the ball never came. Our midfield are just incapable of that type of pass, and forcing him to go out wide to collect the ball. He was making them runs throughout the 1st half, not one arrived so no surprise he got more involved when he changed - but that's not what we need, we need him in the box.

So true, but our midfield are capable of playing those, just not the midfield from last night!!!
Ericksen, chadli, Lamella and Soldado where all successes playing in that type of system in Europe, so why not play them together?
Lennon, Townsend and Ade play a more British style play them together.
Ade and ericksen are out of form and are producing? Maybe they aren't suited!
Soldado and Townsend are out of form? Maybe they aren't suited. Why not switch them round? What's to lose?

The fact he brought Ade on makes me think Soldado may have earned a start against Soton.

Back