• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

Flashy wingers: Huckerby, Bentley, GDS etc.

This guy could be one of those. Is he at the Confederation?

That's true, it's a risk. But on the other hand he may turn out to be the next big thing. Sometimes you gotta trust your judgement and roll the dice (edit - is that an oxymoron? Wine.)

This article suggests we may be making an offer. Backs up his agents statement.
Can't log on to the Times to verify though.
http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Porto/interior.aspx?content_id=3284208

British Journal ensures that Tottenham will advance with a value of around 23 million euros to hire the extreme that pleases the dragons.
The interest of FC Porto in Bernard seems to have a strong competitor and well known in the Dragon. This is because the newspaper "The Times" ensures Tottenham, trained by Andre Villas-Boas will move forward with a proposal for 20 million pounds, about 23 million by end of Atletico Mineiro.

The Borussia Dortmund has been another club associated with the Brazilian international. Note that Atletico Mineiro requires 25 million to release the player.

Flashy wingers: Huckerby, Bentley, GDS etc.

This guy could be one of those. Is he at the Confederation?

The same could be said about any player we target in any position playing any role. Some players fail.

He's at the Confederations Cup, but so far he's only been on the bench. Might be a good thing as interest in him won't grow the way it has with Paulinho.

id rather have Griezman from Sociedad. Would be cheaper too

Having Sandro and Paulinho(probably) at the club must give us an edge on getting Bernard to come here? Even if they're not best buds, having a couple of guys he knows whilst settling into a new team/country must appeal to him. A Brazilian poster on another forum I use says he prefers Bernard to Lucas Moura and he expects him to overtake him in Brazil's pecking order soon.

Having Sandro and Paulinho(probably) at the club must give us an edge on getting Bernard to come here? Even if they're not best buds, having a couple of guys he knows whilst settling into a new team/country must appeal to him. A Brazilian poster on another forum I use says he prefers Bernard to Lucas Moura and he expects him to overtake him in Brazil's pecking order soon.

I don't think that will really help vs Porto, they have 8 Brazilians and are a Portugese speaking country.

João Ruela ‏@joao_ruela
2m

Villas-Boas confirmed today in Portugal that Tottenham is not moving for Jackson Martínez (FC Porto) and Bernard (Atlético Mineiro). #spurs

I'm choosing not to believe it. Even if AVB has said that, did he not say the same about Lloris last summer?

I mean in terms of Bernard of course, Jackson Martinez would cost way too much and I doubt he's even on our radar.

João Ruela ‏@joao_ruela
2m

Villas-Boas confirmed today in Portugal that Tottenham is not moving for Jackson Martínez (FC Porto) and Bernard (Atlético Mineiro). #spurs

yeah apparently AVB said on Portuguese tv that Bernard was one of several players Spurs were interested in but no longer are. Im guessing that either the price is too high or 3rd party ownership is too complicated. Maybe even as the player said himself, he would rather play for Porto. Who knows

I'm choosing not to believe it. Even if AVB has said that, did he not say the same about Lloris last summer?

I mean in terms of Bernard of course, Jackson Martinez would cost way too much and I doubt he's even on our radar.

Yeah, I seem to remember something along those lines.

We're after Bernard but it would be stupid to keep admitting as much every time we wanted a player. Our admission would drive the price up, could be disrespectful of Bernard's club and would let rival clubs know to get their bids in.

Plus, players we may then choose as an alternative will know that they weren't our number 1 option.

That's my thinking anyway, could be miles off the mark.

AVB's modus operandi is to deny everything. I've got to the point that I don't believe a word he says about transfers.

Tim Vickery said a week or so ago that we were monitoring him but had doubts over his ability to cope physically in England. I think the deal would have to be the right price for us. Athletico Mineiro said we'd made a bid but it was too low. Maybe we agreed a price at transfer commitee level that we'd do business st whacked in a bid got slammed back so were no longer interested

"We don't want Jackson Martinez," Villas-Boas told Desporto. "Bernard's a player that we monitor like many others, but I think Tottenham will do nothing regarding them."

Back