• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
groundhog1.gif

"We had a player in Berbatov who had refused to play two games for us, having a detrimental affect on the dressing-room," he said.

"We'd known for a year that the player wanted out of this club.

"The reality is that in modern football the players have all the power."

"Dimitar Berbatov was a player who we brought to this club at a time when Man United were interested in him. He made a conscious decision to come to this club, we invested a lot of money, nobody had ever heard of Dimitar Berbatov when we bought him.

"A year later with 10 days to go to the end of the window he tells us he wants to leave to go to Manchester United. We were very disappointed."

Levy also said he thought Berbatov's treatment of the club was disgraceful, and that would not even consider discussing the possibility of a new contract, insisting that playing for Manchester United was his ultimate goal.

"I don't think he treated this club with the respect that we honestly deserved

"We put him on the map, I think he's an outstanding player, but he signed a long-term contract with this club and I think he should have stayed.

"I had so many conversations with him. He kept saying it was about his ambition to play for Manchester United. It wasn't a money issue. We offered him a new contract and he wasn't even interested in discussing it."

Daniel Levy

If people want Berbatov back, thats their problem.....but trying to deny he did wrong is pathetic. Or maybe Levy is lying....yeah, its all a bit Groundhog eh Nayim ;)

I see sammyspurs is back

So wanting a move is betrayal?

DL knew about this for months - the 10 days comment is desperate PR to mask what was a great plot to extract maximum dollar. They first came for him the year before anyway

He did wrong. He played for Man U and they also crushed his dream of playing in a CL final and now he's an outcast. Lets bring him home , he's wasted there and to be behind the likes of Hernandez, Wellbeck and previously Owen, is humiliation.

No.

"We had a player in Berbatov who had refused to play two games for us, having a detrimental affect on the dressing-room,"

Covering himself

He came on in the first game as a sub

Second game was left out much like Modric last year.

"We had a player in Berbatov who had refused to play two games for us, having a detrimental affect on the dressing-room," he said.

"We'd known for a year that the player wanted out of this club.

"The reality is that in modern football the players have all the power."

"Dimitar Berbatov was a player who we brought to this club at a time when Man United were interested in him. He made a conscious decision to come to this club, we invested a lot of money, nobody had ever heard of Dimitar Berbatov when we bought him.

"A year later with 10 days to go to the end of the window he tells us he wants to leave to go to Manchester United. We were very disappointed."

Levy also said he thought Berbatov's treatment of the club was disgraceful, and that would not even consider discussing the possibility of a new contract, insisting that playing for Manchester United was his ultimate goal.

"I don't think he treated this club with the respect that we honestly deserved

"We put him on the map, I think he's an outstanding player, but he signed a long-term contract with this club and I think he should have stayed.

"I had so many conversations with him. He kept saying it was about his ambition to play for Manchester United. It wasn't a money issue. We offered him a new contract and he wasn't even interested in discussing it."

Daniel Levy

If people want Berbatov back, thats their problem.....but trying to deny he did wrong is pathetic. Or maybe Levy is lying....yeah, its all a bit Groundhog eh Nayim ;)

Thank you!

Hossam Ghaly got absolutely coated by our fans for throwing his shirt to the ground. He was a sub who then got subbed, one of the most embarrassing things that can happen to a professional footballer. His reaction wasn't great, but you could certainly understand his frustration. But no one wants him back because he's not very good. Berbs gets a free pass because he was a great player for us. fudge that!

Covering himself

He came on in the first game as a sub

Second game was left out much like Modric last year.

No.

"We had a player in Berbatov who had refused to play two games for us, having a detrimental affect on the dressing-room,"

You can post it another 1000 times - doesn't make it true or change the fact of what happened. Unless it was his evil twin who came on as a sub against 'Boro

There are very few players I wouldn't have/have back at The Lane if I thought it was for the good of the team. They have to be special players, not run-of-the-mill Bartons or Thatchers etc. I would have Henry here in his pomp, despite his connections with the scum. He would take our play to another level. You get the picture.

They only two 'special' players I can think of are:

Campbell - That's a given

Terry - ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back