• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB & Spurs Tactics and Formations discussion thread

I think he hasnt been in this position before and has panicked. Let this be a lesson to the FA as if this run had happened in a major competition, Eng would already be out...

I just sit back and let all the fudgewits, er i mean experts flex their muscles...

You love having the first word, ive noticed you start so many duplicate threads its unreal, do you have a complex or something ??
I start threads? Maybe in random but not on this forum so quit lying. Stick to talking how bad your brick smells or chaz and Dave doing your birthday parties and leave the football talk to the grown ups.

Gutter Boy remind me the last time VDV has given an 8/10 performance this season, it has been a while so please refresh my memory

His standard is an 8/10 with all the linking up, passing and runninghe does. He's not had a 9 or 10 where he leads the team single handedly by the scruff of the neck for a while though I'll admit.

When VDV plays up front it's STILL a 4-4-2. He just drops deep like Teddy used to. But it's still a 4-4-2.

Not really, because he Bale and Lennon interchange a lot. It's more like a 4-2-3-1.

Everton 39%, Spurs 61%

If so then it was all in the wrong parts of the pitch - certainly not their half.

I would have played VDV out wide due to a lack of an alternative. Or I'd have started him alongside Defoe (who HAD to start based on recent form) and played Kranky wide right (who would then also be out of position). As I said elsewhere you don't move your best players out of position if they are available to play. Bale and Modric both function best in a 4-4-2, and when played in their strongest positions. Redknapp needs to leave them there.

The obvious/best thing to have done would have been to go 4-3-2-1 using Bale and vdV in free roles - like we did when Lennon was out at the end of December e.g. against Norwich.

------------- yank -------------
--walker - kaboul - king - bae
----------parker - modders -
gio ---------- vdv ---------- bale
--------------ade----------------

and you look like some under-grown jerk thats about 7 stone soaking wet but i'm not complaining. Tbh that's all you've got. You provide nothing to this place in regards to football debate but you're brilliant at antagonising and disrupting football related threads with non football related flimflam.

Simple - we should always play 4-2-3-1 with Lennon, or 4-3-2-1 without Lennon (like today):

-------Parker --- Modric

Lennon------vdV-------Bale

------------Ade

---Parker---Sandro---Modric

---vdV---------------Bale

------------Ade

If available this has to be the lineup/setup for the rest of the season:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King Ekotto
Lennon Parker Modric Bale
VDV
Adebayor

No Lennon then put Kranjcar in. If no Rafa then it depends on the game - at home to weaker teams throw in another striker, away from home add in Sandro.

and you look like some under-grown jerk thats about 7 stone soaking wet but i'm not complaining. Tbh that's all you've got. You provide nothing to this place in regards to football debate but you're brilliant at antagonising and disrupting football related threads with non football related flimflam.

Ok Gary

If available this has to be the lineup/setup for the rest of the season:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King Ekotto
Lennon Parker Modric Bale
VDV
Adebayor

No Lennon then put Kranjcar in. If no Rafa then it depends on the game - at home to weaker teams throw in another striker, away from home add in Sandro.

DUDE thats the problem. Our team has rarely been fit lately. Lennon has been injured and if its not Lennon its Bale or then its rafa etc etc etc

AND THEN ANOTHER PROBLEM. Ade's form, which has been utterly shocking - epitomised by his 'showing' today which was bordering on ludicrous. How can we play Ade if he is so awful and has been awful for a few games, barring Noocastle where he was just awesome.

DUDE thats the problem. Our team has rarely been fit lately. Lennon has been injured and if its not Lennon its Bale or then its rafa etc etc etc

AND THEN ANOTHER PROBLEM. Ade's form, which has been utterly shocking - epitomised by his 'showing' today which was bordering on ludicrous. How can we play Ade if he is so awful and has been awful for a few games, barring Noocastle where he was just awesome.

Ade is our best striker. Even on this dog-turd like run he seems to be having. He is lazy, nonchalant and can be utterly maddening to watch ambling around the penalty area, but he has stupendous flashes of inspiration that have won us games. So we keep playing him, hoping he'll play himself into form.

That and I do believe it was said that he's gotten it written into his contract that he has to play every Prem game when available.

Back