• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB & Spurs Tactics and Formations discussion thread

We definitely didn't dominate possession.

And talking about players out of position and vdV out wide at the same time is a massive contradiction.

I would have played VDV out wide due to a lack of an alternative. Or I'd have started him alongside Defoe (who HAD to start based on recent form) and played Kranky wide right (who would then also be out of position). As I said elsewhere you don't move your best players out of position if they are available to play. Bale and Modric both function best in a 4-4-2, and when played in their strongest positions. Redknapp needs to leave them there.

Pattern in these matches
442 with Kranjcar out wide,Modric CM = 2-2 at HT against Arsenal
4411 with Sandro and Parker CM = 0-3
442 with Modric wide against United = we lose 1-3
442 with Modric wide against Everton = we lose 0-1

Same thing was in the Chelsea game earlier in the season,we MUST play Modric in the middle.

I'm guessing VdV started on the bench because he's not fully fit.

If he was dropped to accommodate Defoe, so be it. I doubt it. If he had been fully fit he would have been on the pitch much earlier, probably at half time.

That wasn't the problem today. Bale out right and in the middle, no creativity in the centre despite having arguably the best creative cm in the country in the line-up and an attitude that stank in the first half was the problem.

Did you enjoy our performance against Arsenal a couple of weeks ago, you know the won when they wiped out the floor with us? Funny thing though, Defoe did not play, another funny thing, VDV came on at half time and did sweet fuk all.

Sub Saha's name into my sentence and the point is the same.

This is a perfectly good formation tactics thread yet the same posters start new threads on exactly the same subject, some people just like to be heard dont they

--------Friedel
Ekotto King Ade Modric
Bale Defoe VdV Parker
------Livermore
-------Kaboul

I would like Redknapp to try this next

ok firstly

442 works but only if you have two out and out wingers i.e. Bale and Lennon. NOT Bale and Kranjcar, or Lennon and Modric BUT LENNON AND BALE.

Secondly

VDV will only work with Ade, but ADE HAS BEEN UTTERLY CLUELESS. So you want VDV and Defoe? not so sure.

Friedel and BAE should work upfront next week then as long as they don't bottle it.

its over there, under the thing, lower, nope 1 more over, there it is, thats it, the point you missed

;-) <-- smiley to make sure this post is seen as the friendly attempt of humour that it is

ok firstly

442 works but only if you have two out and out wingers i.e. Bale and Lennon. NOT Bale and Kranjcar, or Lennon and Modric BUT LENNON AND BALE.

Secondly

VDV will only work with Ade, but ADE HAS BEEN UTTERLY CLUELESS. So you want VDV and Defoe? not so sure.

A wonky 4-4-2 with Modric, then Kranjcar wide left worked very well for us for quite a while before Bale broke through.

VdV out right in a 4-4-2 has worked well for us in the past.

I completely agree with the OP, HOWEVER... What I cannot explain is why we are full of such defensive lapses in the last few games? Shoddy individual errors which often have nothing to do with formations as opposed to getting the fundamentals right.

I think what began as over confidence and hype is now fast becoming a lack of confidence. We need the more senior players to stand up and make their voices heard.

Beats having a million posts yet most still don't have a clue what opinions you have in regards to anything football related......on a football forum.

I just sit back and let all the fudgewits, er i mean experts flex their muscles...

You love having the first word, ive noticed you start so many duplicate threads its unreal, do you have a complex or something ??

I just sit back and let all the fudgewits, er i mean experts flex their muscles...

You love having the first word, ive noticed you start so many duplicate threads its unreal, do you have a complex or something ??

Leave it out fellas. Marky if you don't like the thread stay out and let the mods lock it if they deem it a duplicate.

Its not just formation, its organisation on the pitch. We tend to run 'run around a lot', rather than have a tight formation.

Hodgson and others spend hours on the pitch without a ball making sure each player know where he is supposed to be in each situation. So if you're attacking you know you can pass out to your right - they will be a man running on, you hardly need to look In defence, you have a tight shape, wingers tuck in and stay compact. We're putting unnecessary pressure on the defense. United combine this approach, where they increase their odds of winning (playing percentages), with expansive attacking play. We haven't got the balance right. Over a season you need to be able to fall back on a system now and again. You can;t play each game like a cup game - you come unstuck.

ok firstly

Secondly

Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home were the best performances we had this season and Kranjcar was playing RM.442 works fine as long as we have 1 pacey winger(Lennon,Bale) and 1 creative CM(Modric,Huddlestone).

Back