• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Atmosphere at WHL

I shouldnt have to, he should control his spawns

Its a very sad reflection of today's society that this man blatantly did not control his spoiled brat. In my day I would not behave in such an offensive manner particularly when at the Lane. If I had, my dear old dad would have given me a clip around the ear and told me to shut the fudge up and trashed me soundly when I got home.

Banned for life, and longer, I say. When I was young and silly, if I behaved like that young cur I'd have received a damn good walloping from my hard-but-fair father and be sent to bed with no supper when I got home.
Fathers nowadays are too soft with their brats - sausage rolls at half time, multiple trips to the latrines. In my day you held on until the match was over, or if you really couldn't hold out, you used a bottle which you kept specially for the purpose.
As the old saying goes "If you spare the rod, you spare the brat".

You think it was better way back when.....my father used to take me to the north bank at highbury where tinkle on the terrace flowed in rivers, fans fought with visiting fans, abuse and cussing was everywhere.

I was soo glad when I was old enough to get the train to NP from rye house with me muckers and go to watch my team and not his!

You think it was better way back when.....my father used to take me to the north bank at highbury where tinkle on the terrace flowed in rivers, fans fought with visiting fans, abuse and cussing was everywhere.

I was soo glad when I was old enough to get the train to NP from rye house with me muckers and go to watch my team and not his!

When do you plan to tell him?

I remember those rivers of steaming tinkle particularly on cold winters days. In the good old days you could do or say anything you liked at football matches and people just laughed. Anything was fair game and often was. Be it cans of tinkle hurled in the general direction of the enemy opposition everybody smiled. I once saw a petrol bomb hurled by the Arsenal scum at us at the Lane which landed in no mans land. Most people stood on their toes to catch glimpses of the match but the athmosphere was great. That annoying brat described by GLENROYID would not have lasted 10 seconds at the lane in those days. Him and his useless pompus dad would have been castigated by the real non sausage roll eating supporters who never had any need for toilets.

A rant.

Back in May i went to the Birmingham game and this little brick and his incompetent father were sitting a row up from me. Throughout that game he mimed all of our songs in a stupid fudging voice, but i chose to ignore it seeing as we won.

When i booked today's tickets I did actually consider the fact that this child and his lapdog father may well be in the same section as me, but then i thought there was a very slim chance of them being at the game altogether.

How wrong was i. Not only were they at the game, but they were in my section, and to my luck, sitting next to me!! Not only did he hum throughout the WHOLE game, he asked stupid fudging questions such as: Is Van Der Vaart playing in goal today? Clearly pointing at carlo cudicini. He also mimed all of our songs in his stupid voice again, and he went to the toilet about 6 times...per half.

At half time he came back crying his eyes out because the line to get a burger was too long. And instead of saying "tough, sit down" dad saw fit to tell him they would go at the start of the second half, so convieniently around the 51st minute they got up to get their food, whilst that was happening Luka Modric was released to take a shot, WHICH I fudging MISSED BECAUSE THEY STOOD THERE BLOCKING MY VIEW.

I wont be sitting in the west stand anymore, i think i will go somewhere clam free.

So, if you were sitting in West Upper, row 4 seats 203 and 204, you are a clam, and your son is a clam.

Rant over.

Hold on... you sat next to a kid who asked stupid questions, needed the toilet and sung in a silly voice.... sounds like you just sat next to a regular kid. But at least he has the excuse of being a child for now...

...how is it any different to sitting in the southstand ? Sing in a stupid fudging voice - hundreds of drunk roosterneys chanting covers that one, needing the toilet 6 times - most have been in the pub all day and the older ones dont exactly have a strong bladder, stupid questions - last time I was in the south two 30 year olds were discussing whether boris johnson was the prime minister (maybe their next discuss was whether they should mime a song out loud). Standing up to get a burger - what you've never seen hundreds of guys in the south stand disappear at the 40 minute mark and return at 50 minutes after getting a beer ?

Come on, this is the worst west stand upper rant ever ! If all of that genuinely bothered you, i'd say stick to the west as its the least likely to occur again. Oh and you failed to state that "people looked at you funny because you tried to start a chant" - this is a must for a west stand rant. Been 4 years since I sat in the west, but if this is the worst thing that happens maybe I should give it another go.

Give it a go then. When youre losing 1-0 to wolves and you have that child and his incompetent father next to you, you'll understand

I remember being in the shelf in 79 about an hour before kick off and some bloke of his nut running around bashing one out , so think yourself lucky :eek:

Hey Glenroyid, i was in the west upper against Paok and we had a few hundred away fans around us, that was a little irritating too. Mind you there was lots of singing during that match although most of it was in Greek!

When I had my season ticket in the Paxton (never again with their stupid please do not swear messages on the back of every seat) there was a really annoying little girl who, every 3 minutes, would shout 'Come on you Lilywhites'. I understand your annoyance mate shouldn't be allowed.

I remember a few years ago being in the West stand for the 4-3 win over Portsmouth. In front of us were what looked like and acted like season ticket holders, three of them together. They showed about as much emotion as a ham sandwich. Every time Portsmouth scored the one nearest us would slowly slap his thigh with his glove. Every time Spurs scored they didn't as much as stand up! They left about five minutes from the end, and missed Poyet's winner, the cretins. Osvaldo was there too, so he can back up my story if you don't believe me.
Is it just the West stand residents or does this occur elsewhere?

I remember a few years ago being in the West stand for the 4-3 win over Portsmouth. In front of us were what looked like and acted like season ticket holders, three of them together. They showed about as much emotion as a ham sandwich. Every time Portsmouth scored the one nearest us would slowly slap his thigh with his glove. Every time Spurs scored they didn't as much as stand up! They left about five minutes from the end, and missed Poyet's winner, the cretins. Osvaldo was there too, so he can back up my story if you don't believe me.
Is it just the West stand residents or does this occur elsewhere?

I can confirm that although it is hard to believe what Spurdog describes is indeed true. This Spurs supporter in the West Upper Stand did indeed slap his thigh with his glove, a black leather glove as far as I can remember. However this man's glove slapping antics were not merely restricted to when the oposition scored. No. Every bad pass from a Spurs player was accompanied by the infernal noise of his glove slapping against his thigh. As he had the air of a Westy season ticket holder I could not bring myself to chastise him. On reflection perhaps I should have confronted him as everytime I have been at the Lane since the sound of his slapping glove goes through right my brain and it drives me mad.

See? This whole sorry episode goes deeper than we think. I, and others like me were merely annoyed, but the unfortunate Osvaldo has been traumatised by his experience.
This is the thin edge of the wedge.

Back