• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Atmosphere at WHL

I've only watched one game from West Stand and that was in Block 13 for our 2-1 win over ARSEnal last October. Even for a NLD the only time anyone ever got up was for a few seconds after each goal and there was no singing whatsoever. Great view, rubbish atmosphere.

Just thought I'd bump this. Went to the last page of GG as I'm trying to avoid doing my essay (and doing rather well at that) and saw the posts about the kid. It had me chuckling the whole way through.:lol:

When I had my season ticket in the Paxton (never again with their stupid please do not swear messages on the back of every seat) there was a really annoying little girl who, every 3 minutes, would shout 'Come on you Lilywhites'. I understand your annoyance mate shouldn't be allowed.

I remember her when ever I sat in the Paxton. In some ways it was annoying but at the same time at least it shows her passion! It wasn't so much the fact that she kept shouting it that I found annoying, it was how evenly spaced it was between!

I think you were lucky mate, were I sit in the Paxton no one supports Spurs, they just go there to moan, even before the team is announced they start, it's depressing the only relief is when the bloke with no teeth stands up with his rattle and to check the time the fella who is always at least 15 minutes late for every game no matter what time the kick off. We have a little bet on what time he gets there.

I think you were lucky mate, were I sit in the Paxton no one supports Spurs, they just go there to moan, even before the team is announced they start, it's depressing the only relief is when the bloke with no teeth stands up with his rattle and to check the time the fella who is always at least 15 minutes late for every game no matter what time the kick off. We have a little bet on what time he gets there.

Which block do you sit in? We're quite lucky in 56, got a good set of lads around us

Block 51 is alright, a lot of the same faces for the last 10 years around me, it's all rather friendly and we have the "shoutey man" who's always rather entertaining.

Block 51 is alright, a lot of the same faces for the last 10 years around me, it's all rather friendly and we have the "shoutey man" who's always rather entertaining.

Bought 3 of the Multi-ticket packages last season and ended up in Block 51. We were about 3 rows from the back, but I think I remember the bloke you're on about

I've been to quite a few games (by my standards) recently:

Norwich - ok
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - crap
Sheriff - Not bad, any atomosphere there was was made by the 1882 group
Man Utd - Really good. Lower Shelf. I was sat beside an old ST Holder in his 70's. He was originally from Co. Clare, Ireland, so we had good a chat. He was bouncing the whole match!
Everton away - Superb! Brilliant!

I've been to quite a few games (by my standards) recently:

Norwich - ok
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - crap
Sheriff - Not bad, any atomosphere there was was made by the 1882 group
Man Utd - Really good. Lower Shelf. I was sat beside an old ST Holder in his 70's. He was originally from Co. Clare, Ireland, so we had good a chat. He was bouncing the whole match!
Everton away - Superb! Brilliant!

I suppose its the same for most teams, but its such a difference in atmosphere between home and away games. I agree with you, our support at Everton was excellent (as it is most away days tbh), good day out, just needed a goal.

Considering the distance you travel, thats already an impressive number of appearances this season. Are you doing any more away days soon?
We're thinking of doing Swansea again in january, (was a good day out last season, although got a bit nervy at the end). Depends on the FA Cup draw next weekend, only got enough cash spare in December to buy one set of tickets, so we'll have to see what lady luck presents us with.

I suppose its the same for most teams, but its such a difference in atmosphere between home and away games. I agree with you, our support at Everton was excellent (as it is most away days tbh), good day out, just needed a goal.

Considering the distance you travel, thats already an impressive number of appearances this season. Are you doing any more away days soon?
We're thinking of doing Swansea again in january, (was a good day out last season, although got a bit nervy at the end). Depends on the FA Cup draw next weekend, only got enough cash spare in December to buy one set of tickets, so we'll have to see what lady luck presents us with.

Thanks, but you travel major distances as well! If flight times work for me I could probably get home at around the same time as you. I know everyone hates the early kick offs, but they suit me for flying in and out on the same day. Brings down the cost big style and I'm home in time for MOTD.

I've no plans for any away days at the moment. My next game seems like ages away - Palace. Cup matches play havoc with any potential plans. I'll have to wait and see.

What's the atmosphere generally like now?

With uni I can't go to the Lane at the moment. But I went a lot the season before Champions League, the season we got Champions League and the season we were in it.

Before we got it I'd say we easily had the best support in the country. Every game was loud.

The season we were in the Champions League... well it wasn't so great apart from the European nights and North London derby. It seemed the atmosphere declined by quite a substantial ammount and people didn't make that much noise, almost as if they expected us to beat all the bread and butter teams in the league.

Been to Villa twice, Everton, City and off to old trafford on 1/1.

Must say ive enjoyed away days as its a great atmosphere, city got killed after 14 seconds but still we showed true support after.

Might attempt WBA/stoke at home over xmas to sample a home atmosphere!

Thanks, but you travel major distances as well! If flight times work for me I could probably get home at around the same time as you. I know everyone hates the early kick offs, but they suit me for flying in and out on the same day. Brings down the cost big style and I'm home in time for MOTD.

I've no plans for any away days at the moment. My next game seems like ages away - Palace. Cup matches play havoc with any potential plans. I'll have to wait and see.

That sounds so weird that you can be back home in Ireland almost as quick as we can back to Warrington from the Lane.
We'll be there for Palace. Hoping the televised fixtures for February are noticed in the next few days so we can still take advanatge of the £29 room for the Everton game

What's the atmosphere generally like now?

With uni I can't go to the Lane at the moment. But I went a lot the season before Champions League, the season we got Champions League and the season we were in it.

Before we got it I'd say we easily had the best support in the country. Every game was loud.

The season we were in the Champions League... well it wasn't so great apart from the European nights and North London derby. It seemed the atmosphere declined by quite a substantial ammount and people didn't make that much noise, almost as if they expected us to beat all the bread and butter teams in the league.

As with most teams, the atmosphere has gone backwards for sure. Still not so bad for the bigger games.

As has been discussed many times, current style of play hasnt helped, influx of more daytrippers rather than longer-going fans (not helped by ticket prices) dampens the atmosphere and not being able to stand in certain areas

Been to Villa twice, Everton, City and off to old trafford on 1/1.

Must say ive enjoyed away days as its a great atmosphere, city got killed after 14 seconds but still we showed true support after.

Might attempt WBA/stoke at home over xmas to sample a home atmosphere!

Looked out for you at Everton but didnt spot you this season. Saying that we were next=-to-back row in the Lower Bullens, so didnt see much anyway.

How's the football management going? Last time I looked you were doing well, couple of points off the top

Looked out for you at Everton but didnt spot you this season. Saying that we were next=-to-back row in the Lower Bullens, so didnt see much anyway.

How's the football management going? Last time I looked you were doing well, couple of points off the top

Hello mate, long time no speak!!

I was nearer the front at everton, in line with 18 yard line! I do keep an eye out for you especially in the north west!

Football is going ok, we lost 3 top strikers and a top gk over the summer and having to rebuild a bit but still in the hunt for the title this year! Last game saturday till 4th Jan which is nice!

Im going to west brom, Stoke and Utd over xmas so if your about let me know!!

Back