• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arsenal - match ratings

LLoris 8 A couple of outstanding saves again

Walker 9 Sorry if I am repeating myself, but we are a class above with him in the team. Instrumental.

Vertonghen 8 When he is playing like this, seems like nothing can go wrong

Dier 7 Solid

Rose 7 Obviously loses a point for losing Welbeck, but that happens. Great going forward and stayed strong

Bentaleb 8 Plays with his heart. Good ball for Kane too.

Mason 8 Seems to lose the ball at times but thats because he gets it so often. Gave everything.

Dembele 8 Beast

Eriksen 6 I remember saying at half time that he had been terrible. He improved second half. Needs to improve delivery.

Lamela 7 Busy and gave everything but needs to do better in key positions to become the player he can be.

Kane 9 Seemed to be an off day but as big players do, he came with two aazing strikers goals.

Lamela was very busy today but nothing came off for him he was good and worked hard but nothing more I thought 6 was a fair rating maybe 6.5. Encouraging thing is that was my lowest rated player and if that player is still at a 6 or 6.5 we are in great shape!

Lloris - 7.5. Didn't have much to do, couldn't help the gal, one good save
Walker - 8. Had Ozil in his pocket all game (except the goal :) ); thought he wa fantastic
Dier - 8. Still raw, but I think he was brilliant, solid, didn't let the occasion phase him, good speed.
Jan - 8 - The usual from an amazing defender.
Rose - 7 - had some great moments, but still feel he's too weak positionally, and he got absolutely destroyed by Welbeck for their goal
Bentaleb - 8.5 - Fantastic performance today, incredible assist.
Mason - 7 - Awful first half, much better second half.
Lamela - 7 - I love his work ethic, his pressing, his tackling. When his attacking game clicks he'll be special. But it really isn't at the minute.
Eriksen - 7.5 - Quiet game for him, but still a great performance, some lovely play and vision
Dembele - 7 - Not quite up to his recent standards but his ability is clear. Didn't realise he was that left footed though that he cut back twice with two great right foot chances.
Kane - 9 - Nothing needs to be said. I didn't think he could ever be this good. i didn't think he could keep it going, but he just keeps it going. What's really incredible about hi though, isn't justice goals, but his hold up play, his technique is infinitely improved and also this ability to always get a shot off when he's surrounded

How was he bad in the first half?

Mostly 10s. Although my str**m was a bit blurry. Even those who weren't 10s played with passion, fire and ran until the end. We could have asked no more.

Ha, no I didn't see the heat map. Because I was actually there watching.

The first half for me exemplified why I don't like him. Gives the ball away far far far too much. Stoke are filled with players with fight and heart and puts a tackle in, I just don't see these making a great player on their own. I want him to be a much better passer of the ball, I want him to be far more creative with his pass (though occassionally he does do this) and I want him to be far better in attack than he is.

I think people are missing the point with their "critical" ratings

Watched the game again, yes some individual errors (not that many), a few more opportunities we could have taken and won the game early.

But .. big but, not even for a 5 minute period of that game was the Scum on the offensive, I cannot recall a Spurs team dominating even a mediocre level PL team for the full 94 minutes like we did against them, if they had got anything out of that game, it would have been a complete mugging.

Well done, game won, won well, with style and completely outplayed the opposition, everyone contributed ..

And fudge me, we are a fit team

We are a TEAM. You could have someone put in a better individual performance without it benefiting the team at all.

I think the Chelsea ratings thread had a similiar feeling for me, we put five past the team top of the league in a hugely entertaining game but then come here to slag off certain players. We conceded three then so maybe it could be understood but for yesterday it was such a great team performance that it would be truly sad and harsh to single anyone out for silly things or agendas.

Lloris - 8.5 fudge all to do for the vast majority of the game, apart from 1 world class save from Welbeck, and another good one from another of the c**ts. No chance with their goal. Distribution excellent and safe hands all dayy long. WORLD CLASS KEEPER.

Walker - 9. I thought he was absolutely superb, maybe his best game in a Spurs shirt. Up for it from the get-go, won every single 50-50, fudge me he won 70-30 duels!!! His pace was frightening, his runs forward were STORMING, absolutely destroyed the Scum full back.
Dier - 8.5. Imperious all game long.
Vertonghen - 8.5.. Ledley-esque.
Rose - 8.5. Done for their goal a bit but other than that, excellent all game. Love his fight. Very good going forward unlucky not to get an assist or goal.

Bentaleb - 9. Ran the show. Is going to be a top class stalwart of our CM for years to come. Future captain too IMO.
Mason - 8.5. See the above. Love his progressive passing and his real desire to get on the ball. Did Woolwich have a CM in this game??? Ramsey or roosterelin or some brick?!?! Nah they didn't - these two Spurs Academy lads absolutely bossed them THE WHOLE GAME.

Lamela - 8.5. One of his best games in a Spurs shirt. I don't understand some people giving him 6s. Thought this kid showed an absolutely EXEMPLARY work rate and commitment to EVERY challenge. From a 'fancy dan' £30 million import from Argentina too - not who you would expect on paper. At times the crowd visibly reacted to his fight.... and on the ball stuff, committed Scum players,, used the ball intelligently, great corner for our first goal. The goals will follow from him, although I do think he'll be more Willian than Hazard in terms of end product (if that makes sense).
Dembele - 8.5. Oh my days. He bossed the Scum team every time they came near him. Such a beast physically. And obviously - all the repetoire of tekkers came out especially towards the end. Touch, dribbling, feints, flicks - Mousa retains the ball a bit like Iniesta and that is not hyperbole. Got int good dangerous positions all gme, committed their players, OCCASIONALLY did slow our play down a bit when we came up against their packed defense, but i thought he countered really well.
Eriksen - 8. Played well in an understated way, lots of nice touches and good passes. I like the tactic of moving him central as the game goes on.

Harry Kane - 9. Running out of stuff to say about Hurrikane. His usual self basically, hence the 9. 1st goal great anticipation like a true goal scorer and 2nd goal was just... a Shearer-esque header, simples.

subs:
Chadli - 8. Good running, good impact.

Poch - 10. I love Pochettino, it's about as simple as that. Philsophy and system is coming through strong now and I love just how he's really built a team dynamic.
Fans - 100,000,000 - best atmosphere since the 5-1 in the LC

Scum - sh*t team, sh*t fans, **** back to Woolwich

Lloris 8
Walker 8
Dier 8
Vertonghen 8
Rose 8

Bentaleb 9
Mason 8
Dembele 7
Lamela 7
Eriksen 7
Kane 9

Poch 9
Fans 9

Can we just ban whoever it is who gives everyone a 1 for every game?

Lloris - 8
Walker - 9
Dier - 8
Vertonghen - 8
Rose - 9
Bentaleb - 9
Mason - 9
Lamela - 8
Eriksen - 8
Kane - 10
All subs - 7

The only way to do that would be to make people sign into Google in order to submit a response. I have held off doing that because I thought that it would put some people off responding.

Lamela - 8.5. One of his best games in a Spurs shirt. I don't understand some people giving him 6s. Thought this kid showed an absolutely EXEMPLARY work rate and commitment to EVERY challenge. From a 'fancy dan' £30 million import from Argentina too - not who you would expect on paper. At times the crowd visibly reacted to his fight.... and on the ball stuff, committed Scum players,, used the ball intelligently, great corner for our first goal. The goals will follow from him, although I do think he'll be more Willian than Hazard in terms of end product (if that makes sense).

I was one of those who gave him a 6 on the Google forms thing. Watching it live (on BT), I thought his main contribution was as an annoyance to Arsenal when they had possession. I watched it again and noticed some positive contributions, like the corner (d'oh!), plus some lung busting runs to get back in defence when Arsenal were countering.

I think when evaluating Lamela we have to compare him, as you suggest, more to Willian than Hazard. Paying £25mln for a Trevor Hockey-type player (ask your grandfather) is a bit steep, and he obviously has the potential to be a lot better than just a hard-pressing midfielder; a few goals would certainly go a long way to override the biased opinion of him I seem to have developed.

So, definitely worth a 7 in my book (though the tempation was to give them all 11, in true Nigel Tufnell style)

Lloris - 8
Walker - 9
Dier - 8
Vertonghen - 8
Rose - 9
Bentaleb - 9
Mason - 9
Lamela - 8
Eriksen - 8
Kane - 10
All subs - 7
Dembele missing in that list.

Reactions: Rob
Dembele missing in that list.
Fortunately he didn't do so on the pitch! ;) ...got an 8 from me too - most of the 8s were 8.5 in my mind - Lloris for example pulled off a couple of stunning saves but was nowhere near the performance he was required to put in against wet broom for example.

The only way to do that would be to make people sign into Google in order to submit a response. I have held off doing that because I thought that it would put some people off responding.

Yeah fair point - we can see it's clearly an anomaly so no big deal... With the lack of response we get for certain games we don't want even less!

I was one of those who gave him a 6 on the Google forms thing. Watching it live (on BT), I thought his main contribution was as an annoyance to Arsenal when they had possession. I watched it again and noticed some positive contributions, like the corner (d'oh!), plus some lung busting runs to get back in defence when Arsenal were countering.

I think when evaluating Lamela we have to compare him, as you suggest, more to Willian than Hazard. Paying £25mln for a Trevor Hockey-type player (ask your grandfather) is a bit steep, and he obviously has the potential to be a lot better than just a hard-pressing midfielder; a few goals would certainly go a long way to override the biased opinion of him I seem to have developed.

So, definitely worth a 7 in my book (though the tempation was to give them all 11, in true Nigel Tufnell style)

I'm very happy to see Lamela doing his Trevor Hockey impression atm because for too long he's been trying to look like he's the next Lionel Messi.

It's plain for all to see that unlike Hockey, Eric has genuine talent, oodles of it, but that does not mean he can come straight across from Serie A into the PL and expect to be flash Harry.

Thankfully at last it looks like Poch is finally getting his message across: Remember this is the PL, it's tough, it's intense, it's fiercely competitive. Don't try to run before you can walk. Press hard, work for the team, do the simple things well first, then once you've got that sorted you can start to show us what you're really made of.

Hopefully the Arsenal game showed he's starting to learn, at last.

Back