• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

£2.5m loan fee and option to buy for £27m apparently, and its the latter which is a good bit higher than Everton's offer

However assuming he does ok, you could see us looking for a straght swap for GLC, or perhaps with us throwing in <=£5m

View attachment 14988

View attachment 14989

stats look underwhelming imo..doesn't assist, defend or get invovled in build up play much ... but certainly young and full of potential... i think his strength, speed and dribbling will appease the fans somewhat.

agree this looks like an opportunistic loan for cover not quality. can't be sure if we gazumped Everton as much as the new manager not wanting Danjuma as much as Lampard too. no risk as its loan-to-buy except that we have other more urgent areas in defence.

i guess the big question is - CLUB OR CONTE BUY?

Paratici buy, Conte was asked and said yes would be my guess. I don't think we do one or the other. Who was more in favour of the deal is a different question, but impossible to know.

I was moaning about the lack of strategy on another thread but was told all was in hand and that we are mid way through a project….amazing that we nearly let him join Everton if he was part of the long term strategy!
I think you’re focusing on the player rather than the strategy. I am pretty certain the strategy wouldn’t have been, ‘Get Danjouma’.

The thought would have been, one significant injury to the front 3 and suddenly were very short in attacking options. And also we need more attacking options on the bench. So let’s get a player with a profile that can cover lwf, striker, pace, can beat a man, can hit the ground running and is available for a short loan. Danjouma fits so we got him. There were most likely others being considered but we closed now rather than wait for the end of the window and risk disappointment.

Technically this isn’t even a strategy. It’s a tactical/short term solution based on how the season has panned out so far and what we need for the second half.

I think you’re focusing on the player rather than the strategy. I am pretty certain the strategy wouldn’t have been, ‘Get Danjouma’.

The thought would have been, one significant injury to the front 3 and suddenly were very short in attacking options. And also we need more attacking options on the bench. So let’s get a player with a profile that can cover lwf, striker, pace, can beat a man, can hit the ground running and is available for a short loan. Danjouma fits so we got him. There were most likely others being considered but we closed now rather than wait for the end of the window and risk disappointment.

Technically this isn’t even a strategy. It’s a tactical/short term solution based on how the season has panned out so far and what we need for the second half.

Definitely. We seemed to be interested in Trossard, but too expensive for that role. Reports now that we were looking at Deulofeu, but not available on a loan.

Looking at multiple options that can be suitable to fill a squad role. Looking for some potential upside to add to that. Looking for the best deal to fill that role to save money for other deals.

Good short term fixes can be a good part of a longer term strategy imo.

I think the bit that I'm trying to reconcile,presuming we still buying in a rwf who can be decent competition for Kulu who hasn't had a great fitness track record yet is vital for our set up is this chap seems to be competition for the woefully out of form yet seemingly ubdroppable Son. I'm not sure where this leaves the recent 60m addition Richie, does Conte not rate him off the left as minutes in rotation for Kane are likely to be limited?

I'd love us to have 2 quality options for every position or maybe 2 and half if a plauer cam play more tham one, but there are some positions we don't have 1 option for and now we have 3 who can play lwf!

£2.5m loan fee and option to buy for £27m apparently, and its the latter which is a good bit higher than Everton's offer

However assuming he does ok, you could see us looking for a straght swap for GLC, or perhaps with us throwing in <=£5m
Why would we pay a penny more than the amount Everton had agreed with Villareal? That doesn't make sense?

It still doesn't make sense that we suddenly decide we want a player after he has already done his medical and media pics and videos at Everton? We've probably only managed to snatch him at the last because Everton sacked their manager and the player then may have had misgivings about going there (i.e. he was previously assured game time by Lampard and that would then be up in the air with him not knowing who their new manager was going to be). Something has definitely changed on our side to suddenly want this player who was available for some time before we went for him.

Was my assumption, what about both and we get Zaniolo in too or is that dead as a duck now you reckon?
I think this is why we moved late for Danjuma, Zaniolo doesn’t look like it’s happening. Looks like AC Milan or Saudi Sportswashing Machine going by the latest, but who knows what’s greally going on - I don’t really listen to the ‘noise’.
Are we in "one in, one out" mode with regards to HG players?

Moura, Gil, one of the RWB options if Porro arrives as an alternative.
No idea if we need one on one out, just personally think that will be happening hence not a reason to be too concerned…..

Back