• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

It takes time, but the progress has been very evident. The biggest demonstration of it was the win against Arsenal compared to the 5-2 in the corresponding game last season.

Huntelaar is like a but slow motion (though I'll give him a bit more clinical) Defoe. He offers absolutely nothing other than toe-ins inside the box. You just can't carry luxury goal hanging players like that in this league these days.

Ade at least links up and holds up play and is mobile. You wont catch Huntelaar doing any of those.

The 2-1 win against Arsenal last season was exactly the same as this season. We let them have the ball in the middle, they had more possession, but we had the better chances and were more clinical.

What exaclty is Ade giving us at the moment? I'm not bigging up Defoe either but I know you don't rate him. I'm just trying to figure out why you have such unshakeable confidence in Ade giving his form the entire season.

I don't think we are wobbling.
We were unlucky last week, over confident midweek and today were beaten by the better side.
AVB is getting his team selections wrong but I can understand the reasons why he chooses the players and the subs unlike under HR.
I am sure AVB will find the answer. I don't think HR could.

It takes time, but the progress has been very evident. The biggest demonstration of it was the win against Arsenal compared to the 5-2 in the corresponding game last season.

the 5-2 against an RVP inspired Arse at the Emirates and the 2-1 against a Walcott led Arse at the Lane???????????? 2 massively different games/occasions you are comparing there.

I don't think we are wobbling.
We were unlucky last week, over confident midweek and today were beaten by the better side.
AVB is getting his team selections wrong but I can understand the reasons why he chooses the players and the subs unlike under HR.
I am sure AVB will find the answer. I don't think HR could.

When Fulham, a side who had 2 away wins all season are the better side, we clearly have issues.

It was all the previous manager's fault, he is a saggy faced ****. A better manager will lift us to a higher level etc.

That answer your question?

I was more looking for replies from those who have faith that this is indeed different.

To clarify my feelings on Redknapp, he had a FAR MORE talented squad last year. And was in a much MUCH more assured posiition at one point (12 points clear)...

I was more looking for replies from those who have faith that this is indeed different.

To clarify my feelings on Redknapp, he had a FAR MORE talented squad last year. And was in a much MUCH more assured posiition at one point (12 points clear)...

Dunno about that. We lost King (who was only good for half a season) and replaced him with Vertonghen.

We signed a truly world class goalkeeper.

We lost Modric, but we struggled to break teams down even with him in the side.

Bale is undoubtably a better player this season.

Sig and Dempsey haven't worked out, but who's fault is that?

Also letting VDV go, who's fault was that?

And a 7 point lead with 10 games to play is pretty healthy. We've let in slip in two games.

I don't excuse Redknapp at all, but I fail to see how we are miles better this season and won't bottle again.

When Fulham, a side who had 2 away wins all season are the better side, we clearly have issues.

It was not a rout or a collapse today like in some games last season. I think AVB gambled on fitness and lost.
I feel he is able to learn unlike HR and we will bounce back.

Dunno about that. We lost King (who was only good for half a season) and replaced him with Vertonghen.

And a 7 point lead with 10 games to play is pretty healthy. We've let in slip in two games.

Are you seriously saying that Vertonghen at his best this season is as good as King AT HIS BEST last season?

Are Ade and Defoe as good as last year?

VDV/Modric: is there anybody as good creatively in the squad now as they were at their best last season?

Sorry, whilst i'll be as livid as most here if we fail to get top 4 again given our position some weeks ago, it will PALE into how livid I was (and anybody else should have been) with our flop last year. I dare anybody to name another side who were top3, and had a gap of 12 points on the next gteam in Feb and still finished below that side.

Whatever flop we may perform this year wont come lose to last year given the playrs we had at out disposal.

With the title race over this weekend, this "wobble" will really be milked by the media as the race for top4 will be the new main talking point.

With the title race over this weekend, this "wobble" will really be milked by the media as the race for top4 will be the new main talking point.

Sadly this. Big BIG test of AVB credentials now. Far bigger test than anything he was tested on at Chelski imo

The 2-1 win against Arsenal last season was exactly the same as this season. We let them have the ball in the middle, they had more possession, but we had the better chances and were more clinical.

What exaclty is Ade giving us at the moment? I'm not bigging up Defoe either but I know you don't rate him. I'm just trying to figure out why you have such unshakeable confidence in Ade giving his form the entire season.

It's about the mentality of a 6-pointer against your biggest rivals at the crucial point of the season, more than the games themselves.

Ade last season was superb and I just think/hope that something will happen that will reawaken his confidence. We all know he can do, whereas our other forwards at the club just don't have the ability.

Are you seriously saying that Vertonghen at his best this season is as good as King AT HIS BEST last season?

Are Ade and Defoe as good as last year?

VDV/Modric: is there anybody as good creatively in the squad now as they were at their best last season?

Sorry, whilst i'll be as livid as most here if we fail to get top 4 again given our position some weeks ago, it will PALE into how livid I was (and anybody else should have been) with our flop last year. I dare anybody to name another side who were top3, and had a gap of 12 points on the next gteam in Feb and still finished below that side.

Whatever flop we may perform this year wont come lose to last year given the playrs we had at out disposal.

No, I'm saying we had the best of King for half a season, the other half, he rapidly deteriorated and was barely worth a place in the side.

Are Ade and Defoe as good as last year? Not blaming it soley on AVB cos that would be unfair, but isn't the manager responsible for getting the best out of players?

Again, who's fault was it we let VDV go? He did not want to go.

Modric is a loss, but like I said before, we had him last season and we still struggled towards the end.

I am not saying it will be a worse collapse if it happens, but don't try and make excuses for him and say "oh it's not as bad as last season."

And btw, Arsenal are a worse side than they were last season. They had a world class striker last year.

No, I'm saying we had the best of King for half a season, the other half, he rapidly deteriorated and was barely worth a place in the side.

Are Ade and Defoe as good as last year? Not blaming it soley on AVB cos that would be unfair, but isn't the manager responsible for getting the best out of players?

Again, who's fault was it we let VDV go? He did not want to go.

Modric is a loss, but like I said before, we had him last season and we still struggled towards the end.

I am not saying it will be a worse collapse if it happens, but don't try and make excuses for him and say "oh it's not as bad as last season."

And btw, Arsenal are a worse side than they were last season. They had a world class striker last year.

I'm not making excuses for anyone; i'm just not buying the idea that any flop this year will be worse than last, regardless of how good Arsenal were compared to this year's Arsenal. 12 points is still 12 points i'm afriad.

I wouldn't bring up VDV as he was spent and would possinbly have been a disruption in the new type of tactical regime (high line, presssing etc).

AVB has his work cut-out. Big, BIG test of his managerial skill. In fact managing our supporter anxiety is big enough, never mind the players.

At the end of the day it will have to be Levy we all look too if deja-vu prevails (as you've said many times before...)

Offensively we are so limited it hurts, we attack using width two wingers and full backs normally getting forward, the two cm's sit deep to bottle up the middle and our two cb's are prepared to go wide and cover the full backs, teams double on us wide and we are totally fudged the centre two provide nothing going forward, Carroll put Dembele and Parker to shame for the short time he was on, passed forward, and quickly where the other two are incapable, we play Bale in the hole to compensate for this but he cannot pull it out every week, it's too early IMO for Carroll to start games, I still reckon that AVB will play 4-3-3 when he gets the players he needs, I would put Bale and Lennon on the wings Ade up top and either Siggy or Dempsey in the hole then pray, at least we would have balance, there was a time today the young inexperienced Carroll tried to play an early ball into the box, Defoe was sitting on his useless arse and Ade was left wing so he played the ball wide where we just got bottled up again, AVB can only play the players he has so I don't blame him, these are my last negative thoughts on our situation.

Huntelaar is like a slow motion (though I'll give him a bit more clinical) Defoe. He offers absolutely nothing other than toe-ins inside the box. You just can't carry luxury goal hanging players like that in this league these days.

Ade at least links up and holds up play and is mobile. You wont catch Huntelaar doing any of those.

I agree. None of the top European sides want Huntelaar anymore. He had two shots at 2 of the biggest sides in the world, and was unsuccessful. We are aiming to break into this top tier of teams, and i dont think singing the likes of Huntelaar is the way to go. Huntelaar simply is not versatile enough for the highest level. He's not mobile enough, and despite his height/strength, he doesnt hold the ball up well enough or bring people into play very well either. When you play one up front, like most teams do these days, these skillsets are vital. Look at the likes of zlatan, rvp, rooney, aguero etc, and theyre miles ahead of Huntelaar in this regard alone. Even giroud at arsenal is adept. I also think that on paper (and on last seasons form), adebayor should have been our man. he seems to be able to hold the ball up like drogba, run in behind defenses, win headers etc etc on his day. but for whatever reason, he's basically never on his day anymore.

I don't excuse Redknapp at all, but I fail to see how we are miles better this season and won't bottle again.

you "seem" to be right.

Get rid of AVB NOW. :-k:-"

Back