• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

Jimmy-g

Scott Parker
Strikers who dont look like scoring, conceding seven poor goals in our last two games, players being played out of position, our much vaunted bench looking weak, this is the first test for AVB, playing Demble wide right and Naughton at left back is beyond my comprehension, we go on criticising the same old players who make the same mistakes week after week, are they going to cost us or do you think that one good win against Fulham will put us back on the right track.

I did think that AVB was smarter than to play Dembele there. When all the fans think a player is out of position, they generally are out of position, Bale being a rare exception.
I only saw the first half (fortunately by the sound of it) and we did have a couple of good spells of bright football, but the second half sounds like a horror story!

So yes, I think we are on the brink of wobbling...Saturday will show just how badly. Come on, it's Spurs, let's fear the worst!!

IMO strongest Xl is (when fit)

Lloris
Walker-Dawson/Kaboul-Vertonghen-BAE
Sandro-Demebele
Lennon-Bale - Holtby/Sig
Adebayor

5 of that team started last night, into the mix where two youngesters, a not match fit striker force, a centre half past his best and a midfielder with no tactical disapplin what so ever.

So personally, I think AVB got the selection incorrect, he will have a much stronger team against fulham out and we will get a win that will settle us down again. AVB is a clever guy and he will realise this im sure!

I did think that AVB was smarter than to play Dembele there. When all the fans think a player is out of position, they generally are out of position, Bale being a rare exception.
I only saw the first half (fortunately by the sound of it) and we did have a couple of good spells of bright football, but the second half sounds like a horror story!

So yes, I think we are on the brink of wobbling...Saturday will show just how badly. Come on, it's Spurs, let's fear the worst!!

First 10 minutes we looked world beaters then our movement just stopped, second half for me was down to individual errors, so many of our players had poor games, Inter did not look any better than they did at our place imo, very worrying.

IMO strongest Xl is (when fit)

Lloris
Walker-Dawson/Kaboul-Vertonghen-BAE
Sandro-Demebele
Lennon-Bale - Holtby/Sig
Adebayor

5 of that team started last night, into the mix where two youngesters, a not match fit striker force, a centre half past his best and a midfielder with no tactical disapplin what so ever.

So personally, I think AVB got the selection incorrect, he will have a much stronger team against fulham out and we will get a win that will settle us down again. AVB is a clever guy and he will realise this im sure!

Fair points but it never seems to work like that for us.

We will have a completely different team out on Sunday with Loris and Dawson back in - not to mention Bale.

With Loris the high line works and AVB's tactics work. Yesterday wasn't a typical performance.

Liverpool game was just a blip - one of those unlucky ones that you occasionally have through out the season.

The Liverpool loss was a fluke - a few individual errors cost us.

Yesterday we played a weakened team, with a few players obviously not suited to our formation and tactic. If anything, the Inter game showed our lack in sqaud depth, although there were also first team players having bad games yesterday.

I'm not worried, but we need a good performance and a win on Sunday, before the international break.

We lost two on the trot to a decent liverpool team due to individual errors, and played a weakened team against Inter to try and sneak through. Both away.

Abandon ship!...

Seriously? We played very well against Liverpool, it was a couple of individual errors that cost us. One bad performance at the San Siro with a weakened team and we are wobbling?! It will take more than that to call it a wobble....

In the previous two games we beat Arsenal and thrashed Inter so seemingly we have gone from brilliant to crap in a week ... unless we apply a little perspective.

We lost games at Anfield and the San Siro. One due to some silly errors and one with a weakened team that did enough on the night to progress.

How is AVB going to learn if he does not make mistakes? He attempted to play people out of position and he will see it may not have worked and will work on it. Have faith in our manager and get behind him.

It's only 2 results and 1 we were the better team and lost due to mistakes which AVB had no part of.

Of course.

It happens every year.

Time for AVB to put it right though. We have LENNON, BALE, DAWSON, EKOTTO, LLORIS all returning on Sunday with Dembele going back to the middle.

Back