• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

So do people still think there's a conspiracy against Bale not to pass to him? :p Missed 3 fantastic chances and had the fewest touches of any Madrid outfield player in the first half.

I think it's inevitable that they will sell him to United.

come home mate, they don't deserve you

Came on to write exactly this.

Either fudge off Franco's lot and do a reverse Figo to Barca or come back to the white shirt you were born to wear. Money's not everything, how much can you spend in a lifetime? Feel the love!

So do people still think there's a conspiracy against Bale not to pass to him? :p Missed 3 fantastic chances and had the fewest touches of any Madrid outfield player in the first half.

I think it's inevitable that they will sell him to United.

Its not a conspiracy. But he doesn't get the ball very often in the build up. I've watched them pass round him at times. Its really noticeable because in our team we would always pass to him in those positions.
I cant see him leaving Madrid for the simple reason I cant see anyone willing to pay the money especially with FFP.

Its not a conspiracy. But he doesn't get the ball very often in the build up. I've watched them pass round him at times. Its really noticeable because in our team we would always pass to him in those positions.
I cant see him leaving Madrid for the simple reason I cant see anyone willing to pay the money especially with FFP.

But they set him up 3 times in the 2nd half alone. Carragher is right, he doesn't demand the ball enough or chase/harass the opposition in an attempt to get the crowd going and on his side.

United don't seem to give two fudges about FFP the amount they are spending.

Bale over modric every time for me because with Bale you get a consistent match winner. If Madrid are not getting the best out of this special player then it is because they are arseholes.

Hard for me to feel sorry for him or care at all for that matter, especially when I remember how he conducted himself before leaving, pictures of him in his pink outfit somewhere in London when he was refusing to train.

He wanted to go to RM and play next to Ronaldo. Everyone knows what they are like as a club and how their fan base is. He made his bed and can lie in it now.

Hard for me to feel sorry for him or care at all for that matter, especially when I remember how he conducted himself before leaving, pictures of him in his pink outfit somewhere in London when he was refusing to train.

He wanted to go to RM and play next to Ronaldo. Everyone knows what they are like as a club and how their fan base is. He made his bed and can lie in it now.

haha such a tough bed to lie in it must be. Tripled wages, living in madrid, playing and training alongside world class players, CL medal + Copa del Ray medal alongside other honours.

Southampton fans (the less intelligent ones) will have looked at him during the early days with us and said the same thing when he was his losing streak and wasn't receiving much support from our thunderclam fans who wanted him to flogged off for 1.3 million to whoever as he was too busy sorting his hair out

I'm sure he's begging to come back to us on loan because of how hard it is, some fans have said some mean things and pundits are being hyper critical on sky sports!!!!!!!!!!!! And most of all, he'll be devastated that you don't care about how his career has plummeted to the darkest depths of not being perfect every game and not managing to have an injury free season.

Even after a loose touch I saw plenty of Real Madrid fans encouraging him, there's going to be a lot of dingdongheads that support that club evidently, but the media circus is ridiculous, the agent doesn't help by wading in to the debate.

We wonder why british players have problems abroad, yet we vilify them for every wrong decision and start analyzing matches in a ridiculous way."Bale has had least touches of outfield players at half time", good lord!!!!! He also came the closest to scoring (penalty aside) from a terrific long range effort in that half and went on to have a much stronger 2nd half than Ronaldo (subjective I know but he at least was more involved as he ended up with more touches, that is for sure)

But they set him up 3 times in the 2nd half alone. Carragher is right, he doesn't demand the ball enough or chase/harass the opposition in an attempt to get the crowd going and on his side.

United don't seem to give two fudges about FFP the amount they are spending.

Yeah, this was what I took notice of last night. If you're having a bad time (especially with the fans) this is a basic requirement. Not to run around like a headless chicken obviously, but basically do what James seemed to be doing.

I really wish we had a chance to get him back but it's not going to happen. His next move will be to somewhere he can prove them wrong and that means a team that will compete with Madrid (league or CL).

haha such a tough bed to lie in it must be. Tripled wages, living in madrid, playing and training alongside world class players, CL medal + Copa del Ray medal alongside other honours.

Southampton fans (the less intelligent ones) will have looked at him during the early days with us and said the same thing when he was his losing streak and wasn't receiving much support from our thunderclam fans who wanted him to flogged off for 1.3 million to whoever as he was too busy sorting his hair out

I'm sure he's begging to come back to us on loan because of how hard it is, some fans have said some mean things and pundits are being hyper critical on sky sports!!!!!!!!!!!! And most of all, he'll be devastated that you don't care about how his career has plummeted to the darkest depths of not being perfect every game and not managing to have an injury free season.

Even after a loose touch I saw plenty of Real Madrid fans encouraging him, there's going to be a lot of dingdongheads that support that club evidently, but the media circus is ridiculous, the agent doesn't help by wading in to the debate.

We wonder why british players have problems abroad, yet we vilify them for every wrong decision and start analyzing matches in a ridiculous way."Bale has had least touches of outfield players at half time", good lord!!!!! He also came the closest to scoring (penalty aside) from a terrific long range effort in that half and went on to have a much stronger 2nd half than Ronaldo (subjective I know but he at least was more involved as he ended up with more touches, that is for sure)

Calm down champ, i posted my opinion on a football forum - that's what they are for.

Never said it's a tough bed to lie in but it probably doesn't feel great to be booed when you touch the ball, getting profanities screamed at you when leaving the training ground and constantly being slated by the press. It's like having a well paid job that you hate. If you're not happy it won't work out in the long run.

Bale cares about my opinion as much as i do about him. Best of luck to him as far as i'm concerned, whether that's at RM or somewhere else.

Indeed, surely it's no coincidence that Tottenham' 2 highest league placings since the 1980s both occurred when Modric was a key component of our starting XI.

You do realise he had a broken leg in the first season we got 4th place and missed most of it.

On a different note how fickle are their fans, they were chanting his name near enough every game from March onwards last season and now they are attacking his car and booing him constantly.

Calm down champ, i posted my opinion on a football forum - that's what they are for.

Never said it's a tough bed to lie in but it probably doesn't feel great to be booed when you touch the ball, getting profanities screamed at you when leaving the training ground and constantly being slated by the press. It's like having a well paid job that you hate. If you're not happy it won't work out in the long run.

Bale cares about my opinion as much as i do about him. Best of luck to him as far as i'm concerned, whether that's at RM or somewhere else.

I'm plenty calm enough but thanks for your concern.

Where have I disagreed with your understanding of what a football forum is? Might be some crossed lines there perhaps.

I think your use of words suggesting he has made his bed and now he can lie in it does indeed refer to an idiom that inherently has links with negative after effects after a decision has been taken.

Ronaldo (the fat one) was also booed by the lovely folks that inhabit the bernabeu at times. I'm sure Bale can't hear individual profanities and also perhaps is fortunate that he would understand them anyway and I think comparing Bale's situation to having a job you hate is ludicrous. You can't speak of what Bale wants in the long run with certainty as you don't know him, I am in the same boat also but I'd hazard a guess that his experiences so far have been whilst not all perfect, at least provided him with some sense of job satisfaction. I did mention in the previous post why, but I'd be happy to put it in to different words or perhaps embellish upon my reasoning if you'd like.

Bale cares much less about you than you care about him, to believe anything else is a tad naive my friend, you are speaking about him like a lover who's loved you and left on a football forum, I'm certain bale isn't doing the same in reference to yourself at present!

I'm plenty calm enough but thanks for your concern.

Where have I disagreed with your understanding of what a football forum is? Might be some crossed lines there perhaps.

I think your use of words suggesting he has made his bed and now he can lie in it does indeed refer to an idiom that inherently has links with negative after effects after a decision has been taken.

Ronaldo (the fat one) was also booed by the lovely folks that inhabit the bernabeu at times. I'm sure Bale can't hear individual profanities and also perhaps is fortunate that he would understand them anyway and I think comparing Bale's situation to having a job you hate is ludicrous. You can't speak of what Bale wants in the long run with certainty as you don't know him, I am in the same boat also but I'd hazard a guess that his experiences so far have been whilst not all perfect, at least provided him with some sense of job satisfaction. I did mention in the previous post why, but I'd be happy to put it in to different words or perhaps embellish upon my reasoning if you'd like.

Bale cares much less about you than you care about him, to believe anything else is a tad naive my friend, you are speaking about him like a lover who's loved you and left on a football forum, I'm certain bale isn't doing the same in reference to yourself at present!

Not really. All i meant to say was that he chose a club and can now stay there. Or go somewhere else. Or do whatever the fudge he wants, it doesn't interest me, he is not a Tottenham player anymore. English is my 3rd language, it probably got lost in translation.

You're making too many assumptions, but if you think that I care about Bale because I left a comment on a forum about him then so be it. Truth is, the only time i watch football for the past year is when Tottenham plays as my interest has switched to other sports. The only time I hear about Bale is on this forum.

I'm indifferent to Bale. I certainly hold no grudges that he left (although the way he left did leave a lot to be desired), you can't blame a player for wanting to play for Real Madrid. But some people still love him almost as if he still plays for Spurs, I find it a bit strange.

He clearly has the talent to play for Madrid, but does he have that arrogance/confidence to keep his head up in those shark infested waters with the likes of the ego obsessed Ronaldo when things go a bit pear shaped? He probably went there and hoped to form a friendship with Ronaldo, but I don't think Ronaldo would give anyone the time of day.

You do realise he had a broken leg in the first season we got 4th place and missed most of it.

On a different note how fickle are their fans, they were chanting his name near enough every game from March onwards last season and now they are attacking his car and booing him constantly.

Not really he played in 25 of the Prem games.

The thing is, he is actually the player they signed
He doesn't control games like modric or dominant like Ronaldo.
He is a maverick, explosive,player that in the right system can, and is deadly
The expectations of him don't help as they are unrealistic - but I did wonder when he left if he would fit in at RM.and by that I'm not criticising what he has done - at most clubs he would have been considered a success. But that isn't the point at Real - if you go to RM with Bales rep you need to be Ronaldo/Zidane, with ability, dominance and arrogance. Almost like a Roman emperor.

I actually think he may need to drop a level - somewhere like Bayern would be good. He also needs a coach to help him develop still, cut out the inconsistency and learn how to power through when the chips are down.

The thing is, he is actually the player they signed
He doesn't control games like modric or dominant like Ronaldo.
He is a maverick, explosive,player that in the right system can, and is deadly
The expectations of him don't help as they are unrealistic - but I did wonder when he left if he would fit in at RM. And by that I'm not criticising what he has done - at most clubs he would have been considered a success. But that isn't the point at Real - if you go to RM with Bales rep you need to be Ronaldo/Zidane, with ability, dominance and arrogance. Almost like a Roman emperor.

I actually think he may need to drop a level - somewhere like Bayern would be good. He also needs a coach to help him develop still, cut out the inconsistency and learn how to power through when the chips are down.

Other than Ronaldo, I cannot think of another 'star-power' signing they have made from our league who has been as successful. Last season, when they played him wide and allowed him to drift slightly, got him the ball quickly and early and allowed him to do what he does, everybody won. They had an incredible fluency. The problem was that (as usual) someone in the RM boardroom got the hard-on for more jewels, thus Rodriguez and Chicharito come on board and they sell Morata. No need whatsoever to make those changes (I remain convinced they could've kept Morata) other than always have to serve up a new 'galactico' and this is the price they pay...because they have to be forced in, somehow. And that means someone has to 'adapt'...it ain't going to be Ronnie...so Bale ends up squeezed and pushed into static inside positions which do nothing for him. Asked to play more with defenders on his back than his shoulder. Absurd. Take out the only fast-passer they really have, Modric who finds Bale with ease, and he is limited even more.

He will continue to grow and develop if allowed for sure, but he also needs to be played in the right positions and he does need to be utilized more by his team-mates.

I agree that his personality is not RMs, and frankly, what he did last season was beyond incredible given the brick he has to fight there...

Last edited:
Back