• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

Last season it looked like he enjoyed the starring role. It brought the best out of him, week after week. He should be grateful for the responsibility.

Anyone else think this is a dig at levy after sacking Avb?

Him and Avb got on well

I think that everyone and his dog is having a 'pop' at spurs right now.......or perhaps thats what the media want me to think........

we have to go about our work quietly and start making common sense decisions (please mr levy) our actions this last week and certainly our recruitment over the summer all looks a bit dumb at the moment.....however in the near future those signings and deciscions may look like they were clever things to do....the future has the answers.

Twitter / premierleague: ON THIS DAY in 2011, @GarethBale11 struck twice for Spurs in a 2-0 win at Norwich [url]http://bit.ly/OTD-27Dec [/URL]

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/on-this-day-27-december/
Gareth Bale struck twice in a 13-minute second half spell against Norwich City to strengthen Tottenham Hotspur's hold on third place in the Barclays Premier League.

Bale's double gave him seven goals for the season, six in the League, and it meant Spurs were five points ahead of north London rivals Arsenal in fifth place.

In the first half, Bale shot over the bar and was then thwarted by Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy. But he was not to be denied after the break as he gave the visitors a 55th minute lead. Emmanuel Adebayor picked up possession and kept the ball until passing it to Bale, whose slightly scrappy finish crept into the net.

In the 67th minute it was 2-0 as Luka Modric capitalised on a slip in the Norwich midfield to set free Bale, who raced clear of the defence before superbly lobbing the ball over Ruddy.
4515814_o.gif

Indeed... 3rd in the Premier League on the back of a glorious run of form which had seen us thrash Liverpool 4-0 along the way to picking up 38 of the previous 45 points available... playing scintillating football with the likes of Modric, VdV and Bale orchestrating our attacks... an injury free Kaboul at the heart of our defence... feels like a lifetime ago!

Indeed... 3rd in the Premier League on the back of a glorious run of form which had seen us thrash Liverpool 4-0 along the way to picking up 38 of the previous 45 points available... playing scintillating football with the likes of Modric, VdV and Bale orchestrating our attacks... an injury free Kaboul at the heart of our defence... feels like a lifetime ago!

How can a team with players like Modric, VDV and Bale in midfield failed to qualify for CL ? Really puzzling. Redknapp really failed there. I think AVB would have done wonders with that midfield. It is a pity Modric and VDV never got to play under AVB.

I want my Bale back

Same here. Was watching the goal he scored against Sunderland on the last match of last season. It was such a joy watching him score that wonder goal. We really miss Bale this season. Wish Levy had forced him to stay.

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone ...

Same here. Was watching the goal he scored against Sunderland on the last match of last season. It was such a joy watching him score that wonder goal. We really miss Bale this season. Wish Levy had forced him to stay.

And that was the real mistake. We will never ever know,but, he may well have sulked for a few weeks but in the end returned and got his head down.
Liverpool stayed strong with Suarez and my GHod what a season he is having now

How can a team with players like Modric, VDV and Bale in midfield failed to qualify for CL ? Really puzzling. Redknapp really failed there. I think AVB would have done wonders with that midfield. It is a pity Modric and VDV never got to play under AVB.

Yeah it was clear that AVB desperately wanted a "pivot" in CMF and who knows how different his managerial career in England might've been if he'd had either Modric or Moutinho in his teams...

It certainly was a roller-coaster end to that 11/12 season... after the relief following Redknapp' court case result and the players then hammering Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 a couple of days later to put us 10pts clear of ARSEnal \o/ then Capello resigned and Harry couldn't resist the urge to very publicly throw his hat into the ring to take over [-X Bale finishing the season with 3 goals in his final 18 league games having scored 6 in his previous 10... but despite the downturn in form we still manage to stumble our way to 4th place for the 2nd time in 3 seasons... only for 6th placed Chavski to somehow beat Bayern Munich in their own back yard :-&

Not achieving third with the team we had that season was ridiculous IMO, the fourth in 09/10 was an absolutely fantastic achievement with awesome management of the squad, but the 4th in 11/12 was a disgrace, an absolute joke.

VDV would have had a chance if AVB hadn't sold him.

Not achieving third with the team we had that season was ridiculous IMO, the fourth in 09/10 was an absolutely fantastic achievement with awesome management of the squad, but the 4th in 11/12 was a disgrace, an absolute joke.

I would say a joke is going too far, but we should have finished 3rd no doubt about it.

I really wish people would stop comparing the Suarez and Bale situations. They're not at all comparable imo. It is much closer to the Modric situation, in which Levy did exactly what everyone wanted him to do.

Back