• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

History and data shows that Conte's performance in Europe is far worse than his performance in domestic leagues. Similar comment I made when he first joined - do not expect success in Europe with Conte.

After 14 years of winning nothing I’ll take success I.e. a trophy in any form. If that means “settling” for the league cup or FA cup id be over the moon. The CL is somewhat of a lottery still. Emirates Marketing Project haven’t been able to win it in 10 years even with their resources and great players they’ve had. Madrid have won it 5 years out of 8 somehow just by getting the job done. They weren’t ever the best team in Europe for any of those 5 years they won it.

I think Conte is more risk/loss averse than most of us. Happy enough with a draw in situations where we want to see the team go for the win.

I keep hoping he’ll have a match like the loss he endured as Chelsea manager against Arsenal which saw him change the style of play and tactics and ended with Chelsea winning the Premier League. Hopefully last night was that loss and then it makes the loss worth taking.

I still dont understand why we didnt sign Eriksen. A midfield of Bentancur and Eriksen would have been better last night.

What’s upsetting me a bit is that rotating players in a CL season doesn’t tinkle off the squad as guys like Bissouma, Spence, Doherty, Kulu would presumably love to be playing CL football (as any player would) so it is easier to keep a squad happy when you’re playing in it. Just seems like a wasted opportunity. Especially when Conte was calling for a bigger squad iirc.

I know Conte barely changed his Chelsea title winning team, used something like 16 players I believe? But does anyone know about his Inter or Juve sides, was it just a core group then as well?

Losing causes suffering in Conte, he will do his best to make sure the players feel that suffering too.
All this suffering surely only makes you miserable? How about trying to inject some joy into the football? Make them enjoy football, which is actually why they play, instead of only focusing on "suffering".
I understand the initial point he has with this learn to suffer talk, but I think it can become too much, and end up being just negative nag, and thus being counter productive.

All this suffering surely only makes you miserable? How about trying to inject some joy into the football? Make them enjoy football, which is actually why they play, instead of only focusing on "suffering".
I understand the initial point he has with this learn to suffer talk, but I think it can become too much, and end up being just negative nag, and thus being counter productive.

The idea is to have joy when winning and suffer when you lose. So they want to win.

I think one of the downsides of Conte is he wears players down eventually hence why his reigns at clubs don’t last more than 2-3 years. The upside being he wins trophies so let’s hope he can bag at least one for us while he is here. But I take your point. The players should enjoy playing, but obviously hate it when they lose like Conte does.

So it continues imo.

Angry Conte is angry. Losing causes suffering in Conte, he will do his best to make sure the players feel that suffering too.

Nothing new, just been a while since we last lost a competetive game.

Edit: Will be interesting to see if that also causes changes to the starting lineup.

I think we have had one defeat in the last 17 games, sadly we have allready got fans having kittens about our progress. Now we all know that the football could be better but one of the first things a manager has to do is stop us losing to many games. I despair at the way some fans can not see the bigger picture. :(

Two central midfielders and our right wingback on yellow cards yet our first change is made in the 81st minute, mmmmm.

I think one of the downsides of Conte is he wears players down eventually hence why his reigns at clubs don’t last more than 2-3 years. The upside being he wins trophies so let’s hope he can bag at least one for us while he is here. But I take your point. The players should enjoy playing, but obviously hate it when they lose like Conte does.

Don't think I've ever seen a player say a bad word about him. They just say he's obsessed and hates losing. He leaves due to clashes with the board. Will be a hard sell for him in our case as we've given him what he wanted.

Hopefully he was giving the established players the places to lose and now things will be more form based, starting with the front line. Can't play 3 up to and have two of them be completely ineffective.

I hope so fernadez

Apparently Sessegnon and Doherty were called back from their warmups and were stripped and ready to come on at 88 but then they scored from the corner

To me, 88 minutes is kinda taking the p!ss. It is saying to the player "I don't particularly rate you or trust you, but I'll give you this miniscule few minutes and you MIGHT get a touch or 3"

My view would always be to tell 3 players to go nuts, use all their energy by 60 and sub them so you get 3 fresh subs on 60 and can use 2 for injuries or late on

Back