• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I agree, doesn’t look like a dig at him at all, if anything it’s the opposite.
Conte calls the players selfish and has never talked about Spurs as if he belongs. Cuti says the exact opposite. Not sure how you see that what Romero and Conte said are aligned.

Just any consistent first teamer, but this is all pointless guesswork. But the point I was making was that Cancelo was used as an example - a player who has been a big performer in the PL and City got rid. Yes we have got rid of players out on loan who havent been good enough. But would our equivalent of Cancelo depart so easily if Conte wanted rid with Levy at the helm? Not so sure personally….

Well time will tell on that, we had issues moving on players towards the end of Pochettinos time that fit that description - but looking at where these players ended up moving to suggests there wasn't much clamour to sign them. Currently/recently we have a bloated squad with a lot of deadwood, priorities would have been to move these players on first i would have thought

Well time will tell on that, we had issues moving on players towards the end of Pochettinos time that fit that description - but looking at where these players ended up moving to suggests there wasn't much clamour to sign them. Currently/recently we have a bloated squad with a lot of deadwood, priorities would have been to move these players on first i would have thought
Its not going to happen though when there are only 19 other teams in europe with any money, and few of the rest if the EPL will be in the market for our deadwood

It’s suddenly dawned on me why it’s taking so long for him to leave - his Chelsea court case.

The club is probably doing everything it can to avoid his exit getting nasty, with Conte threatening “you pull any brick on getting rid of me cheap, try me…”.

It looks like the club has hamstrung itself. Again. I just can’t see why else this is taking this long except for the fact it’s down to money.

What a sad state of affairs.
The situations at Chelsea and at Spurs are completely different. Chelsea refused to pay him the remainder of his contract when they sacked him. I'm pretty sure if we sack him, we'll just pay him the remaining two months, which comes out to 2.5 million.

My guess as to why he hasn't got the sack yet is that maybe Levy has already agreed with a new manager, but said manager cannot or does not want to take over until summer. And given that, maybe he feels Conte will get the team to finish higher than Mason would.

In the end, no one knows and I also wonder if Levy will have a chat with the players too to come to a final decision.

Just any consistent first teamer, but this is all pointless guesswork. But the point I was making was that Cancelo was used as an example - a player who has been a big performer in the PL and City got rid. Yes we have got rid of players out on loan who havent been good enough. But would our equivalent of Cancelo depart so easily if Conte wanted rid with Levy at the helm? Not so sure personally….

Levy did it for poch when he first arrived. Adeybayor, kaboul etc... Tbf did it for conte to an extent.

"Tottenham and Antonio Conte have held crisis talks following a stunning verbal assault on his players with chairman Daniel Levy set to gauge opinion before deciding his head coach’s future."

Different outlet, different story. Lets face it, nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes

Got it in one, but it will not stop the muppets on T wa tter and the likes saying its this and that.

Who would these big impact players be that Conte would have wanted rid of in the summer that the Club would have put a block on?

We only have a small number of players that fit that description and Conte plays them all week in week out
It's the question that I keep racking my brain on TBH. This narrative of "let more than one manager down" leaves you Dier, Davies, Lloris, Sess Kane and Son give or take, the rest have all come in under managers Jose and Conte so can't really be included in the long terms failures who were called out by both managers. Out of those players Kanes a world class player, Son a golden Boot winner leaving the other three or four.

In the context of this season, Lloris is out so shouldn't be causing damage to said team as is Sess (I haven't included Sanchez as the lad hardly ever plays)

Hardly a monumental overhaul needed and you question if it is a small band of players that run deep in this issue why it wasn't dealt with

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Did say owner but it was aimed at players.

Why is it happening?

Why? Because they are used to it here, they are used to it. They don't play for something important yeah. They don't want to play under pressure, they don't want to play under stress. It is easy in this way. Tottenham's story is this. 20 years there is the owner and they never won something but why? The fault is only for the club, or for every manager that stay here? I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench. You risk to disrupt the figure of the manager and to protect the other situation in every moment.

Bolded, pretty much what chiellini said about us when juve knocked us out CL.

It's the question that I keep racking my brain on TBH. This narrative of "let more than one manager down" leaves you Dier, Davies, Lloris, Sess Kane and Son give or take, the rest have all come in under managers Jose and Conte so can't really be included in the long terms failures who were called out by both managers. Out of those players Kanes a world class player, Son a golden Boot winner leaving the other three or four.

In the context of this season, Lloris is out so shouldn't be causing damage to said team as is Sess (I haven't included Sanchez as the lad hardly ever plays)

Hardly a monumental overhaul needed and you question if it is a small band of players that run deep in this issue why it wasn't dealt with

Sess only just joined when poch left. Problems were from before that. Was he at hamburg when mourinho went?

Davies conte only praised last week.

Kane and son he has said are world class.

All down to dier (lol).

Tbf i think he is just saying in general, have a go at the players not just the manager and club.

The club left him behind
Poch was happy to take him
Poch had him in his office every day telling him how to improve
I’ve met rose several time. Really nice guy, with very dry humour
He never felt that he was behind asked to leave
I’d love a younger rose right now

That's not how i remember it - Poch wanted to sell him and left behind so he could talk to other clubs but when it didn't happen rather than freeze him out he had him back involved - which tbf isn't really a problem unless the player himself was a bad influence, which there's no reason to think was the case

Still have that problem now
No one wants the players we need to shift

Seems the preoccupation with trophies has become too much of an albatross around our necks.

So maybe it's time to reassess our priorities? Don't make trophies the be-all-and end-all, but don't abandon the pursuit either.

Instead,just opt for a manager who risks falling short through playing exciting attacking football rather than a Mourinho or Conte who serves up dross whilst also failing to deliver silverware.

That's not how i remember it - Poch wanted to sell him but when it didn't happen rather than freeze him out he had him back involved - which tbf isn't really a problem unless the player himself was a bad influence, which there's no reason to think was the case
I got it from rose when I spoke to him
Poch was trying to create some separation from the players but really struggled
He moved to a spectate office and stopped doing training (he wanted to install cameras to watch the training, but the club refused)
He was their father figure and that was needed to develop the players but it then became impossible for him to change roles when needed later …

Kane, son, Lloris.
I've seen it before, great players, put them in the right team and they will win.
Two have done it on the international stage.
Are they the players to actually get you over the line though?
I remember rangers hoovering up talent left right and centre.
World Cup winners, European championships winners, CL winners, league and cup winners coming out of thier ears.
But they still got pumped every year in Europe, some years out of Europe twice before September.
Why, well other than walter Smith being a clam, they were signing the brian Laudrups instead of the Michael Laudrups.

I got it from rose when I spoke to him
Poch was trying to create some separation from the players but really struggled
He moved to a spectate office and stopped doing training (he wanted to install cameras to watch the training, but the club refused)
He was their father figure and that was needed to develop the players but it then became impossible for him to change roles when needed later …

So the club were trying to sell players the manager wanted to keep?

So the club were trying to sell players the manager wanted to keep?
No the club agreed to sell some players
But the player didn’t want to go
Rose wanted a big club
In that situation Poch needed to make it impossible for rose to want to stay. That IMO was pochs inexperience at play
Danny still trains at the club sometimes now

Back