• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Would cost him a couple of million. It all comes down to that in the end for most of them. Poch did the same thing; veiled digs at the board in an attempt to prompt a sacking. Mourinho too.
The reality is though the money to pay off Conte is recoverable with a better league finish
Can also be recovered by paying the next coach only £12m a season

Yes he walked in the summer as both clubs started selling players more than they brought in.
And he had a contract
We actually buy players for him and he won’t sign a contract
Maybe…. Just maybe… it’s because he knows he isnt good enough anymore in a competitive league
Or it could be that he is just Antonio Conte

To be fair, you can't blame them. I always laugh at the fans who think they "should just resign". Bollox they should, they have a contract, they should try to get as much paid out as they can like the rest of us would.

None of us (I don’t think) have already picked
up a few million pounds in salary this year though - and we’re only in March!

Mourinho, Nuno and now Conte... Probably an underlying issue that connects all three to the same turgid football we end up with.

None of us (I don’t think) have already picked
up a few million pounds in salary this year though - and we’re only in March!

True but I wouldn't walk away from a few thousand from my job no more than most people on here. He's within his rights to hold out as is every manager in a similar position unless they are guilty of something unethical or of gross misconduct.

I agree
But I also think a man who has made it clear he wants out
Bu5 also makes a big thing of bravery should maybe be… brave

Jesus, don't use that phrase on here. Last man to do it almost caused civil war on here when everyone tried interpreting what he meant:

upload_2023-3-9_23-18-20.png

And he had a contract
We actually buy players for him and he won’t sign a contract
Maybe…. Just maybe… it’s because he knows he isnt good enough anymore in a competitive league
Or it could be that he is just Antonio Conte

Serie a is a competitive league. They've had numerous winners. Conte started juves dominance, he also broke it. Since then we've had ac and (most likely napoli) as winners. The prem is dominated by a nation state, arsenal and liverpool may have challenged. Utd might in the future if they get new owners. Spurs have little chance though without drastic changes.

As he said, he needs to feel he has a chance.

No excuse for how we've played this season though.

Serie a is a competitive league. They've had numerous winners. Conte started juves dominance, he also broke it. Since then we've had ac and (most likely napoli) as winners. The prem is dominated by a nation state, arsenal and liverpool may have challenged. Utd might in the future if they get new owners. Spurs have little chance though without drastic changes.

As he said, he needs to feel he has a chance.

No excuse for how we've played this season though.
It’s a dog brick league now. You can look at the teams that do well in Europe for that measure
Ac Milan won it last year and they are toilet. A league wit( different winners is exciting for fans but doesn’t speak highly of the quality of the teams
Napoli are class though but they won’t last as a side beyond this season

It’s a dog brick league now. You can look at the teams that do well in Europe for that measure
Ac Milan won it last year and they are toilet. A league wit( different winners is exciting for fans but doesn’t speak highly of the quality of the teams
Napoli are class though but they won’t last as a side beyond this season

I was saying it is competitive. I never said anything about quality.

Back