• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

MARTIAL TO STAY AT UNITED

Manchester United have no intention of selling Anthony Martial this summer, according to the Manchester Evening News.

The paper understands Martial remains in manager Jose Mourinho's plans next season and the 22-year-old has not requested to leave the club. Mourinho has told the United hierarchy to only sanction the sale of players if they demand a transfer.

Martial's future has generated intense speculation in recent months and United were prepared to move for Fulham's 18-year-old left winger Ryan Sessegnon had the Cottagers not won their Play-off final against Aston Villa on Saturday. Sessegnon, who scored 16 goals last season, is now expected to stay with Fulham for at least one more year.

Martial staying or Mourinho making him force it?
And therein lies the rub. If Yanited have no intention of selling, then it would take a ridiculous offer to make them want to. These are the kinds of transfers we cannot complete and why we need to wait for the right player at the right time. Now if Martial doesn't agitate for a move, we're basically dead in the water, because the only way to get this done would be to offer 50-60m minimum. And, to be honest, with one year left on his contract we shouldn't be spending more than 40m. This is the conundrum Spurs are in with transfers and I do not blame Levy for not paying over the odds just because we may be desperate to get a player in.

And therein lies the rub. If Yanited have no intention of selling, then it would take a ridiculous offer to make them want to. These are the kinds of transfers we cannot complete and why we need to wait for the right player at the right time. Now if Martial doesn't agitate for a move, we're basically dead in the water, because the only way to get this done would be to offer 50-60m minimum. And, to be honest, with one year left on his contract we shouldn't be spending more than 40m. This is the conundrum Spurs are in with transfers and I do not blame Levy for not paying over the odds just because we may be desperate to get a player in.

I don’t think we’re desperate for AM if we can get Pulisic. AM can then have another season as back up before choosing where he goes. If that’s what he wants, good for him.

If United get Bale, Martial simply has to go on the market. Bale must start, ergo Martial sits. Martial sits, Martial mopes. Discord is inevitable. More power for the media's Anti-Mourinho phasers.

2715de3c08d00ee79eb5d549a1e7da50.gif

It won't come down to "ridiculous offers". It will come down to what is good for the United squad. And, ultimately, United's commercial image. The longer discord builds over Mourinho's handling of young players, the more that image frays at the edges.

Logic dictates we create a positive scenario for Martial to move into.

I don’t think we’re desperate for AM if we can get Pulisic. AM can then have another season as back up before choosing where he goes. If that’s what he wants, good for him.
We're not desperate for AMs, but I was just trying to illustrate the issue with any player we might really want.

And therin lies the rub.

Martial has 12 months on his deal, can agree a free transfer abroad in Jan. Is not happy with his situation and will certainly not sign a new deal.

Mourinho has binned him for two years, he doesnt want him.

All this is, really, posturing.

They want Alderweireld, and know we (apparently) want Martial. Its the pre fight press conference where the boxers mouth of.

Ultimately, its meaningless

And therein lies the rub. If Yanited have no intention of selling, then it would take a ridiculous offer to make them want to.

His contract expires in 12 months, I am not sure they can afford not to sell him if he refuses a new contract

Still baffles me.

We offered £18m 3 years ago. Which, for an 18/19 year old breaking through in France was a lot of money.
This was a very solid offer, especially as it was a time before the market went crackers.
He signs a new contract instead.
Then Utd pay twice that for him (up front, I think) and offer another £20m in add ons as well.
So naturally he goes there.

Now, 3 years later, we could get him for that same £36m Utd paid, and it wouldnt even be a record buy or anything like it. With football inflation its probably equivalent to that original £18m we bid.

And even now, he is still only 22.

Its all very strange!

Still baffles me.

We offered £18m 3 years ago. Which, for an 18/19 year old breaking through in France was a lot of money.
This was a very solid offer, especially as it was a time before the market went crackers.
Then Utd pay twice that for him (up front, I think) and offer another £20m in add ons as well.

Now, 3 years later, we could get him for that same £36m Utd paid, and it wouldnt even be a record buy or anything like it. With football inflation its probably equivalent to that original £18m we bid.

Its all very strange!

Add to that the fact that he would now be coming to us with PL experience - and top level PL experience at that.

Him being left out of the French WC squad is massive. You can't go to a WC if you're not playing regularly.

Still baffles me.

Its all very strange!

But will we get him for 36 mill? I'd say it will be in the 50 mill range but that is still cheap when you look at the market

But will we get him for 36 mill? I'd say it will be in the 50 mill range but that is still cheap when you look at the market

I was just going by that article saying Utd will want their money back.

Ideally he would be less!

Id be surprised if he were in the £50 range given his lack of appearances, Joses complete disinterest in him and his contract situation.

Back