• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

I began my footballing rehabilitation today by watching the 2008 League Cup final win. Winning things really is what football is all about. It's a shame it's even questioned these days i.e. finishing in the top four, and I'm guilty of it myself. What a day. A total resolution; no oh now we've to play a qualifier, now we have to get a good group draw, now we have to avoid the big guns, now we have to draw another dark horse. Trophy lifted, name carved on it, replica in the trophy room, another tangible moment in our history. Sorry for the slight thread-hijack!

As a Spurs fan I'm already hardened to insults by years of underacheiving, bad luck, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (with the occasional silverware as light relief).

However, (following this devastating end to the season), should we ever be doing very well mid-season in the future, and better than our rivals, at least this might make some people think twice before going overboard about it. It just makes the humiliation and pain that much greater.

100% agree. Let's say that all that 'Mind the Gap' gonad*s has left us looking like the biggest idiots ever. I didn't get involved in any of that at work luckily, but I remember seeing all the t-shirts at the time, and thinking "Oh Christ. This might not end well".

I didn't give them a chance. I have a Chelsea fan working for me, my peer in my team is a Chelsea fan and my boss is an Arsenal fan. So rather than rise to it, I walked in admitted I was disappointed but was also really pleased that an English club won the Champions League, congratulated by Chelsea colleagues and wished them good luck for next years competition! Didn't hear another peep from them all day :eek:

I had the following text from a Chel$ea fan about a minute after Drogba scored the penalty:

"Thursday night for you Yiddo #-o"

As he is a work colleague, I kept my replies as dignified as I could.

I had the following text from a Chel$ea fan about a minute after Drogba scored the penalty:

"Thursday night for you Yiddo #-o"

As he is a work colleague, I kept my replies as dignified as I could.

Did you save it? That could come back to bite him in December.

Remember a few United and City revelling in fact we were back in the EL this season. They werent quite as c@cky after the CL group stages

had a massive bet on chelsea then didn't watch it, follow it or check the score until it was over.

haven't watched SSN, any news, listened to the radio or read any paper and won't do so until at least wednesday when it might be safe to come out again.

How much did you win?

?ú1000 for me. Silver lining.

100% agree. Let's say that all that 'Mind the Gap' gonad*s has left us looking like the biggest idiots ever. I didn't get involved in any of that at work luckily, but I remember seeing all the t-shirts at the time, and thinking "Oh Christ. This might not end well".

Thing is I've talked us own all season and stayed calm to the guys at work. And they still take this tinkle. If I don't engage they lose interest or become sympathetic.

How much did you win?

?ú1000 for me. Silver lining.

laid bayern at 1.41 to lose ?ú500. about ?ú1150 after commission

also backed the filth to finish above us while we were in the middle tinkling away the 10 point leading winning another ?ú900.

at least next season is well on the way to being paid for. don't feel like much consolation at the moment though :cry:

Where did you guys watch the game? Anyone go through the rigmarole in Tottenham territory like Wood Green??

Should City be placed in the Europa League?

Hi guys! I'm new here, but I thought I should share this with you. Maybe it's already been posted, then just delete :oops:
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/01/63/02/44/1630244_DOWNLOAD.pdf

From this document it says:
2.03 The UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group
stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic
championship.
a) If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the
UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League
through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the 2
associationÔÇÖs UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically
transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round
where there is a vacancy). In this case, the number of places to which the
titleholder's association is entitled in the UEFA Champions League and
the UEFA Europa League does not change.

Could we look forward to Mr. Levy using his summer in court facing City and/or UEFA?

Looks crystal-clear to me, City is ranked lower than us by now!

All the bad guys won.

Seriously. There can be no such thing as karma/cheats don't prosper.

Us - Cruising 3rd, but the whole country knows that Capello's leaving England after the Euros and Redknapp is most probably going to take over. Suddenly, Terry's a racist, rightfully stripped of the captaincy but Capello leaves because he feels he has no power over the FA. Redknapp is immediately linked with the job, our second half of the season goes tits-up and we lose 5-2 to Arsenal having been 2-0 up.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Surprise package of the season, Demba Ba is incredible for the first half of the season, Cisse then becomes the greatest transfer of the season and defies the laws of physics with that belter against Chelsea.

Arsenal - Their most injury-hit player in the whole squad stays fit for the entire season and ends up scoring about 40% of all their goals.

City - Bought the league. No other way to explain their first league title in 44 years.

Chelsea - Captain gets done for racism, players get their own manager sacked yet they still manage to win the FA Cup and CL through ghost goals/penalties.

Liverpool - More racists but still win the CC and don't shut up about it.

Next season, we deserve some dodgy calls, 3rd place and Arsenal and Chelsea out of the top 4 so Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine can get CL.

Back