• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

I would sell while his stock is still up in the summer! Chadli for me looks more promising

You have to be joking. Im completely lost with that statement. One guy might be very erratic with his shooting, but he has the raw tools, the pace, two footed, can beat a man. He just needs to settle and take things more in his stride. One he thinks more before acting it will come together. He has had games where he has been the difference.

As for chadli. He has shown nothing except how to pass the ball 5 yards inside. He has no real pace, he aerial ability is way overrated, he cant beat a man and apart from his dog day moment he cant hit the target. I would be happy to get 5 or 6m back on him and sell him straight off. He never influences a game or backs up defenders.

You have to be joking. Im completely lost with that statement. One guy might be very erratic with his shooting, but he has the raw tools, the pace, two footed, can beat a man. He just needs to settle and take things more in his stride. One he thinks more before acting it will come together. He has had games where he has been the difference.

As for chadli. He has shown nothing except how to pass the ball 5 yards inside. He has no real pace, he aerial ability is way overrated, he cant beat a man and apart from his dog day moment he cant hit the target. I would be happy to get 5 or 6m back on him and sell him straight off. He never influences a game or backs up defenders.

Townsend for the many postions he has worked himself into has failed to produce anything of note... all I can remeber is a cross that ended up in the back of the net...

He has shown at QPR and now us that he cant cross or shoot... there are no glimpses that this is even improving! Even during his "good" spell before the injury the majority of fans saw how he had no end product!

Sunday he showed this, go back and watch his performance! he just didnt know what to do with the ball... It's not even that he is making the right cross but executing it poorly... he consistently makes the wrong choice and then still executes it poorly! He is not good enough!

I hope I am proved wrong but from what I have seen, no thanks

Townsend's shooting is actually pretty decent, especially for a winger - he can also strike the ball well with either foot. The problem is he shoots too often.

Out of interest, what's his goals/assist tally like season? Sure i saw somewhere he only has 1 goal and 1 assist?

Townsend's shooting is actually pretty decent, especially for a winger - he can also strike the ball well with either foot. The problem is he shoots too often.

If it was decent, with the quantity of shots he had... would he not have more than 1 goal that was actually intended to be a cross?

I think your both wrong - I'd sell them both!

Out of interest, what's his goals/assist tally like season? Sure i saw somewhere he only has 1 goal and 1 assist?

Two goals & four assists in all competitions...

P462_zpsa56f0f13.png

His shooting is appalling, he has some stupid thing like 70+ shots for 1 goal.

Townsend frustrates the **** out of me, very poor decision making

- He shoots when a pass to someone in a better position is on
- He cuts inside when two strikers are already in the box, allowing the defense to just crowd everyone out
- He doesn't know how to help keep posession

I wish he would just calm down! Whenever he get the ball it almost looks like he panics and just start running. His decision makin would be alot better if he allowed himself some time to acctually think about it!

Two goals & four assists in all competitions...

P462_zpsa56f0f13.png

Ah right, yeah I see how Lennon is so much better than Townsend..

Townsend has 2 goals and 4 assists in 1596 minutes, and Lennon has 1 goal and 3 assists in 1807 minutes...

And I see the 'Lennon has a great defensive contribution' has made an appearance today.. Great, play him at right back then..

Being realistic, Lennon is now 26? He's failed to improve over the last five years, Townsend is 22? And at the moment they seem to deliver the same output offensively.

I'd keep Townsend, he could get better. Sell Lennon, he's just not good enough for a top four side, he doesn't do enough.

The problem with comparing assists or using them as a value stat is you need teammates who can put the ball in the net .....

The problem with comparing assists or using them as a value stat is you need teammates who can put the ball in the net .....

Well, as far as I can tell, Lennon and Townsend are trying to assist the same players, so as a relative stat it's actually not that bad.

But you are right. If soldado was better at finishing, Townsend would have a lot more assists.

Andros has got bags of talent but his decision-making does leave a lot to be desired and he attempts far too many long range pot shots which end up straight down the middle of the goal.

Hopefully it's just a matter of needing more experience... Eden Hazard is only a few months older than Townsend but has played many more minutes in the Premier League which perhaps partly explains his vastly superior end product :-k

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/

It is a tough one which one to play, because to be honest neither are playing that well! Lennon has been at the club for ages and seen players like Bale come and overtake him. People improve yet he has always stood still.

Townsend for me doesn't appear to be match fit! Think he's been very poor since his return from injury. Gutted Lamela is injured because now would have been an ideal time to give him a sustained run of games with the other two being off form

It is a tough one which one to play, because to be honest neither are playing that well! Lennon has been at the club for ages and seen players like Bale come and overtake him. People improve yet he has always stood still.

Townsend for me doesn't appear to be match fit! Think he's been very poor since his return from injury. Gutted Lamela is injured because now would have been an ideal time to give him a sustained run of games with the other two being off form

It's more simple than that

- Lennon isn't playing well (I blame the system/balance more than the player), but can hold the width, do a shift, provide defensive cover
- Townsend is a roll of the dice, potentially offers more going forward, but potentially offers nothing as well, seemed positionaly very undisciplined, and turns over the ball.

What is our tactic, is it to keep the pitch wide, is it to get behind the opposition FBs, is it to keep possession, is it a through ball to Soldado, aerial ball to Ade?

People keep going after the players, but I have no idea what the style/strategy is we are trying to leverage, hence is it Lennon/Townsend/Lamela/Chadli that is best fit????

My only issue is Townsend either can't follow orders, or TS is an idiot, because someone needs to tell him stop coming inside choking the play and shooting constantly.

Both wide midfield positions have been in flux all season. Chadli/ Townsend/ Lennon/ Eriksen/ Lamella. Ideally you have one of Lennon or Townsend coming off the bench to fuuck up tiring defenders. I would defo keep Lennon. But I don't know who I'd start! And neither manager has either this season. Who would you start and why?

Eriksen on the left in the Modric role seems the way to go for now. Chadli has done well off the bench recently, and if he can fire a few goals in like the one at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, then he will make a convincing case. Lamella who knows.

Townsend, who's thread this is, has to be patient. Get his head up now and again and he can become a player. Truth be told we are spoilt. We have too many options for these two positions and they are arguably all better options than most clubs outside of the top 4 have in their first teams.

Ah right, yeah I see how Lennon is so much better than Townsend..

Townsend has 2 goals and 4 assists in 1596 minutes, and Lennon has 1 goal and 3 assists in 1807 minutes...

And I see the 'Lennon has a great defensive contribution' has made an appearance today.. Great, play him at right back then..

Being realistic, Lennon is now 26? He's failed to improve over the last five years, Townsend is 22? And at the moment they seem to deliver the same output offensively.

I'd keep Townsend, he could get better. Sell Lennon, he's just not good enough for a top four side, he doesn't do enough.

I absolutely agree.

In the wonky 442, we have seen both Lennon and Townsend take up a central role when one of the two midfielders have gone over to the other side to create an overload. Against Dnipro Andros did it quite a few times when Dembele had gone over to interchange with Eriksen. In fact it was Andros in a central position who made the pass to Eriksen who fed Soldado for the offside goal. Might be something that Sherwood is working on but it was good that Townsend moved central in order to offer a better option.

Back