• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

So you're more talking about hypothetically in the future he could potentially become effective?

The only run of games the guy had was at the start of last season, trying to supply goals to Soldado - a thankless task - the rest of the season was troubled by injuries and he's hardly played at all in the league this season - so how can you be so quick to write him off?

He would in my opinion be more effective than Lamela, because he'll provide more crosses from the right than him.

The only run of games the guy had was at the start of last season, trying to supply goals to Soldado - a thankless task - the rest of the season was troubled by injuries and he's hardly played at all in the league this season - so how can you be so quick to write him off?

He would in my opinion be more effective than Lamela, because he'll provide more crosses from the right than him.

Could you please stop putting words in my mouth?

Jumping to conclusions about what and how people are thinking and arguing against straw men is far from enlightened.

Based on what?
Lamela's made 17 crosses in 19 league games this season.
Townsend's made 2 crosses in 6 league games with season.

GrimsbyYid is the type of football fan I refer to, who judges players for non-footballing reasons and his swayed by Lamela's dashing looks and hefty fee, then seeks out statistics to confirm his opinions.

More enlightened fans such as myself make judgement on the players techniques and attributes. As I've previously said, Townsend's ability to use both feet combined with his ability to dribble at a high pace makes him a very effective player, not a world beater, no, and we'll never take a call from Real Madrid or Man Utd enquiring about his availability, but he'll have a good career in the premiership, maybe at a lesser club than ours in the end, but with Lamela I'm not entirely sure he'll manage any career in this country.

Are you perpetually a macaron who tries to antagonise everyone? Are you capable of expressing opinions or do you have to resort to petty insults and self aggrandising?

I've expressed my dislike for home solely on footballing terms - he can't cross, shoot, create or take players on. Considering that's all he tries to do, often to the detriment of the team play that's pretty terrible. Luckily, he'll be gone in January. Shame you can't follow him.

It's not as if the guy has not been given a go. He has been in the first team squad for some time now and has never really looked likely to make the grade. We should ship him out and get our hands on the what...12 million offers that other clubs will be flooding us with.

:ross:

I'm still amazed we rejected Southamptons bid in the summer. Especially when we could have got Mane as well.

He started last season so well that's the annoying thing. I think he's worth keeping for a bit longer at least from the bench but come the summer we may have to cash in.

There is no reason for this thread to turn into Lamela v Townsend, or have anything to do with looks. At the end of the day they have both been massive letdowns, and basically comparing them is like comparing two cheeks of the same ars-e.

There is no reason for this thread to turn into Lamela v Townsend, or have anything to do with looks. At the end of the day they have both been massive letdowns, and basically comparing them is like comparing two cheeks of the same ars-e.

Your post started off so well (supportive) and then just became a tad unsupportive...

Andros has a lot of attributes to become a successful EPL footballer - he needs to work on thoughts that's for sure and how he approaches situations. He's a true Spurs boy and personally I would give him time to work on it before calling him a bum cheek.

Lamela - Another kid (an expensive one) who is at least putting some effort in to be special to the team. Not perfect like Andros but has the right attitude and not hidden away like a lot of wealthy young footballers. Another reason to be patient and compare him to something more positive than an **** cheek...

When did the fans of this great club become so spoiled??

Your post started off so well (supportive) and then just became a tad unsupportive...

Andros has a lot of attributes to become a successful EPL footballer - he needs to work on thoughts that's for sure and how he approaches situations. He's a true Spurs boy and personally I would give him time to work on it before calling him a bum cheek.

Lamela - Another kid (an expensive one) who is at least putting some effort in to be special to the team. Not perfect like Andros but has the right attitude and not hidden away like a lot of wealthy young footballers. Another reason to be patient and compare him to something more positive than an **** cheek...

When did the fans of this great club become so spoiled??

My post was tounge in .......erm.......cheek (pun intended).

PLEEEEASE! Even when he had an "amazing start" last year I said he was cack, he had two good games for england and everyone was fooled. Ive known someone so incapable at everything - he doesn't work hard, he can't defend, he can't take people on, he can't cross, he can't shoot. He tries a lot of stuff and is direct, and it's always good to see that positivity, jt he's so bad it's painful. How's he managed to worm how way in the first team? He wasn't getting on the bench a while ago I thought he was done for.

PLEEEEASE! Even when he had an "amazing start" last year I said he was cack, he had two good games for england and everyone was fooled. Ive known someone so incapable at everything - he doesn't work hard, he can't defend, he can't take people on, he can't cross, he can't shoot. He tries a lot of stuff and is direct, and it's always good to see that positivity, jt he's so bad it's painful. How's he managed to worm how way in the first team? He wasn't getting on the bench a while ago I thought he was done for.

Because Lamela is injured and Lennon is out of favour and going by some reports at least on his way out of the club. Possibly after not responding particularly well to Poch.

At least no one called Lamela getting injured a blessing in disguise ;)

Eh. He works hard. Very hard. Probably runs his *******s off in training. And he is a Spurs lad. Quiet. Well-mannered. A model professional.

He's also utterly ****e. He has one sublime moment (still thinking about that disguised little cross to Kane against United), and then hours and hours of dross, giving the ball away and making poor decisions in dangerous areas.

Hmm. Difficult. On the one hand, I want a squad full of lads like Townsend personality-wise: on the other hand, we'd be doomed if we had a squad full of lads like Townsend ability-wise.

What ****es me off most about him is that he is lazy when he loses the ball.. Today when he was dispossessed he just stood still and made no attempt at a second effort, even when it happened in the Palace half. Has Lennon ****ed Poch's Missus or something, because for the life of me I cannot see how he would be worse than Townsend.

Had a desperately poor game today, which highlighted just how short we are in those positions. We have Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen and then little quality beyond that.

Advantage of selling him asap is that, currently, people who dont watch SPurs week in week out think he's better than he is - his reputation is better than he is. So we could probably sell him for an above average price. However I cant see us selling him and Lennon in one window and Lennon's value will fall quicker than TOwnsend's because he's getting into his late 20s (28 in April) and only had pace, so once that goes he'll be worthless. Also Lennon is and out and out winger who hogs the touchline, and that isnt what Poch wants from his attackers...

From what ive seen his biggest problem is his first touch. Playing in the wide position as he does the first touch is vital as it has a bearing on what happens next. On most occasions his touch is heavy or he cushions it in the wrong direction and into traffic. If he could nail his first touch the opposing full back would be on the defensive instead quite often he loses the ball and/or our momentum with it. That is the key to changing his game as the raw tools are there and when he gets time and space he does deliver. You get more time in international football, especially qualifiers and I think that's why he looks better for England. Its a theory anyway!

He frustrates the hell out of me. He has amazing pace, and a good shot in both feet. But when players front him up he just passes it off. So they just mark him tight and he drops out of the game. He may be missing the skill needed to just beat players so they drop off him. He cannot just rely on pace.

I think he looks better for England and the international teams drop off giving him the space to drive into. And also most teams dont know him yet. But he needs to work on his dribbling that is for sure.

If we sold him and he went to a lesser team I think he would do well. As the opposition to those teams would no sit deep on them. But he needs to show something soon. Turning down 14m for him is looking like a big mistake.

Back