• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Except he's no faster than the average player.

I think it was him refusing to move, rather than the club turning down all offers.

I'm not a big fan.

We talking about having a lot of average players in the side, for me Townsend is easily one of those we wouldn't miss if he went. Today he did surprise me when for Eriksens chance he cut inside and then played the ball back out wide to Walker, i was expecting him to carry on in, shoot or dribble into a man. But after that good moment he lost the ball time after time especially in our own half gifting Palace the ball.

I understand he has a reputation for working hard and trying to improve and that is credit to him but i just don't think he is going to give us anything going forward. Sell whilst we can get decent money for him if anyone is interested.

If we sell Lennon and keep this guy, really don't know what to ****ing say ...
I'm all for Poch's plan to keep the hard working and sell the shirkers - I've been asking for that for some time now.

But the ones you keep have to be professional footballers. You can't just give the tea boy a go because he loves the club, otherwise we'd all be playing.

I'd rather keep a lazy, half-arsed, one-legged, refuses to do anything but walk backwards Lennon than Townsend.

People talk about him learning, but in the game today when Walker went past him on the outside he again got caught with the ball just like against Liverpool earlier in the season when Moreno scored.

I think he's best suited to play as an actual winger on his natural left side whipping crosses in a la Bale in his early days with us.

For some reason I get the feeling thats what he grew up doing in development and has only recently (last few years) been asked to play inverted a lot.

He's just got no confidence at this point in time and playing him on his natural side might widen our play a bit and give him a much needed confidence boost.

his close control is not good enough for poch's sytem. end his misery and let him go, we'll wreck his career if we let this go on.

I thought he made a few nice disguised passes today. They were passes that he definitely used to shoot from instead. He's obviously made some changes to his game.
I think he needs more upper body strength and as mentioned some game time on the left wing.

I dont think he is up to it and more suited to a QPR etc. I am unsure why Poch really does not rate Lennon but he is a far better player both defensively and in my view an attacking sense.

I really felt for him yesterday, he was trying too hard as he knows he has to make an impression to keep his place, but just ended up making lots of silly errors and looked like a pub player at times. You'd have to bring Lamela back in when fit based on a performance like that and Andros will have to try and take his chance again in Cup games.

I'm a pretty ****ing awful footballer and I think I'd look like that if I'd put in that performance.

Not saying he's going to be good enough, but at least after a poor performance he actually looked distraught and practically in tears. He clearly actually cares which is more than many who would just sit there chewing their gum and not give a damn. Whether he is going to be good enough long term I'm not sure,but his attitude makes me more prepared to give him more time than certain others in our squad....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I thought he made a few nice disguised passes today. They were passes that he definitely used to shoot from instead. He's obviously made some changes to his game.
I think he needs more upper body strength and as mentioned some game time on the left wing.

Really? Even the pass to Walker for the Eriksen chance was rather average at best. Instead of releasing it with one or two touches to allow Walker to just run onto the ball he held on to it, Walker had to stop his run and Palace manage to get players back to block the cross.

Really? Even the pass to Walker for the Eriksen chance was rather average at best. Instead of releasing it with one or two touches to allow Walker to just run onto the ball he held on to it, Walker had to stop his run and Palace manage to get players back to block the cross.

I agree with mjc23. I've noticed his disguised passes more over the past few weeks when previously he would have shot. I don't think there was anything wrong with pass to walker to be honest, you're being overly harsh there IMO. He is definitely learning when to pass and when to shoot better, but he did have a stinker yesterday no doubt. Maybe he will be a slow burner,maybe he just won't cut it I don't know but he's showing better intelligence when he has the ball....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I think he's completely unsuited the the division he is in - but what do I know? i didn't see Kane scoring for free this season....
Would love us to get rid of Townsend though, he is a Champioship player at best.

I really wanted him to turn into a great player for us. But unfortuneatley Lurker is right he is a championship player standard. I dont know what successive managers see in training for him to get in the team/get on the bench. I guess it says loads about the strength in depth of our squad.
I feel sorry for him as he obviously tries hard and is Spurs through and through but you can literally hear the groans when he gets the ball. He just doesn't seem to be improving or learning either. But having said all that there are other players I would rather see gone before him

Amazed at the continual surprise be people on here that Poch would keep AT over Lennon. For the record, I dont rate Townsend however Lennon is an out and out winger who hogs the touchline. Nothing wrong with that - thats the player he is. Problem is that Poch doesnt play with out and out 'hog the touchline' type wingers - he likes his wide forwards playing 10-20 yards off the touchline so that they link up with the CF and no 10 more, and also often play on the wrong side (ie right footer on the left).

He just doesnt suit the way we play now under Poch. Add to that the fact that Lennon is 28 in April so if we wait another year before flogging him his price will likely fall as buyers factor in that he's almost 30, means sell him now!

Townsend will probably follow shortly after before the world realises how over-rated he is, but maybe the coaches feel that as he's young, can dribble and is two footed that its worth trying to coach him a bit? He's brain-dead at the moment and runs down blind-alleys but perhaps Poch's team feel that they can start to inject some intelligence into his play?

Agree with AdamB aswell. On his day Lennon was nearly unplayable, defenders would have a mare. But since injury and being reduced to a bit part/coming on off the bench he has become even more inconsistent. It would make sence to get a few mill for him now rather than nothing later. But as I said in my previous post theres a few I would rather see gone before him.

Back