• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Townsend always looks a threat for England, always takes on and beats his man easily and his shooting for England is lethal, both feet, from all ranges. He looks top class consistently in an England shirt, wonder why he can't seem to maintain the same consistency for Spurs.

More time and space on the ball. Italy didn't press very hard when he was on.

Townsend scored for England and was mobbed by Mason, Kane, Walker and Carrick. Nnnnice. COYS.

11112841_10152851718713299_4988048797006205109_n.jpg

I just wish he did it consistently for us. I mean that goal and the other two he has hit have been top class, but in a Spurs shirt his shooting from that range is always poor, going straight down the keeper throat or off target.

Good to see him give it to Merson on Twitter after the Gooner twunt said he should be nowhere near the England squad.
Did he? Fair fudges to him.

I think the expectancy level at Spurs could be one reason why his decision making is often flawed. I wonder does he feel less pressure playing for England?
Great goal btw.

"I've been thinking about (the criticism) all week - I was desperate to get on that pitch and silence a few critics, and as soon as the goal went in I was thinking about all the people saying I should be nowhere near the squad.

"Hopefully that can keep them quiet for a few months, and hopefully they can realise the quality I bring to this England squad."

How about you step it up a few notches in the PL and actually provide with something there too, Andross!!

I have matched most of Townsend's games over the last three years and today was by light years the best he has played. Mind, he only came on for the last twenty minutes.
More than three years ago now but probably his best ever for us was the FA Cup tie vs Charlton in Jan 2011 when he played an absolute blinder and also scored a long-range crackerjack that day.

Didn't stop Harry sending him straight back out on loan though.

Back