• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

There was a moment when I thought he'd had a brain transplant. He made a really good run leading to Kane having loads of space.

Then he went back to running at the corner flag again.

He has no positive bearing on results, one way or another. He's not alone though, we have a few like him. They don't prevent goals being scored, they don't create goals and they don't score goals. I'm buggered if I know why, but they have their ardent fans on this board.

I think Lamela is a bit better than Townsend and perhaps has more potential, but I don't think the team would be any worse off if Townsend had played all of Lamela's minutes and we kept the £30m-odd in the bank.

It's definitely our weakest position, we have two players who aren't delivering competing for one spot. Hopefully, one of them will step up.
I disagree, Lamela works hard to win the ball back and IMO has a better eye for a pass. Townsend has had how many seasons playing in the premier league? Lamela has had one, this one. Seriously fans should give this guy some time.

I disagree, Lamela works hard to win the ball back and IMO has a better eye for a pass. Townsend has had how many seasons playing in the premier league? Lamela has had one, this one. Seriously fans should give this guy some time.

I respect the opinions of others on Lamela or any of our players. I think he has some potential, but I think he has the potential to maybe reach the level of performance that Eriksen currently provides, rather than be a Bale-esque superstar. How much time do you think is reasonable? Next season?

Townsend is probably running out of road, he might survive as a squad player and even that will depend on some further improvement. IMO, Lamela has 1 more season to deliver something along the lines of what Chadli and Eriksen have done this season -- not unreasonable, when you consider that his price tag was more than those two combined.

I think Lamela has until the end of the season and if he doesn't improve he'll be on his way with Jay Rodriguez coming to WHL.

I had a genuine pang for him when he was subbed despite wanting him off the pitch, doubtless the guy loves Spurs and at that moment he knew if we came back into it and won he wouldn't have been anything to do with it and it hurts seeing that, but he simply offers virtually nothing.

The story of him being let go as a youth and him still turning up for training used to make me ache for him but no longer, we just can't afford to carry him any more. Lets be serious, if a girl "let me go" and i carried on turning up on her doorstep the fudging police would be called. Which simpering bleeding heart gave him a new contract?

Without a seconds hesitation i'd promote the next suitable youth candidate to replace him, the truth is whoever it is can hardly offer less and would possibly have some minuscule potential at least.

Really don't like joining in on giving the guy a shoeing but i will be utterly dismayed if hes still at the club next season
clear.png

it'd be great to see a player who so obviously loves the club do well here, but i just don't think it's going to happen for him

I think Lamela has until the end of the season and if he doesn't improve he'll be on his way with Jay Rodriguez coming to WHL.

Well I actually want and expect him to be given another season. Will be interesting to see whether he starts in the remaining games. But if the club does get rid and he leaves this summer it will be interesting to hear what his supporters say given that 'he has only started 25 league games', and so on. ;)

Right wing is a problem for us

- Townsend isn't making the step up, on a good day he puts in a decent performance, we need more
- Lamela, his biggest supporter (Poch) didn't trust him when it really matters, says it all really for me.

I can see one or both moving on in summer, with someone being bought as the first team starter.

Some of the guys I was at the match with ( Townsend supporters) said the wide open spaces would suit him. But he was the same player who is living on what he did in a England shirt, he needs moving on.

Excellent goal. I thought the players did themselves proud tonight, although we really need to start defending better. Probably should've had 4-5 goals too

To me, he always looks better attacking down the left. He might have more of a future as Chadli's backup than anything else.

I thought he had a decent game and caused them problems. It was a brilliant run with pace and a well taken goal at a decisive juncture in the game. I'm well happy for him. (Was going to add...if someone else had...but I won't:)).

Last edited:
Back