• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Na, he'll be wanting CL football if he does come back.

Ha. You could be right there.

I don't think we'd spend the transfer fee that RM would demand but would people like to see Bale back here at Spurs if there was an option?

Difficult this one. Everything about him and spurs seems to point to an affiliation and an affection for the club that has helped rehabilitate his reputation. But little things niggle in the mind- he doesn't need the money, more interested in the challenge. Was a big advocate of gwtting in a DOF, presumably for when he does leave there is continuity. Daniel has backed him this transfer window and presumably would not be pleased if he buggers off at the end of the season.

Struggling to think who we could get to replace him if the unthinkable did happen, but am a big fan of what Pochettino has been able to achieve at Soton- not sure he'd come though.

Until such time hope AVB keeps going- he is by no means the finished article and standing back he is learning a lot this year what with the number of games, cup and league, we'll be playing this year.

I still think he'll be off to Monaco.

Was in Monaco in the summer, rumours going around were him going to manage in France (though rumours were more around PSG, though probably because they had no manager) - he returns and suddenly we have a friendly for Monaco, they've gone and signed players he is familiar with in Falcao, Rodriguez and Moutinho. He has stated already this year that he wanted to give Spurs "one more year"

I just feel some sort of agreement was made in the summer somewhere down the line that if we dont reach a target or Monaco don't, AVB will be the manager.

Where is the challenge managing PSG & Monaco using monopoly money in a two bit **** league

If AVB were to leave (and I so want him to build a legacy here so please don't let that be the case!) then if he gets us to a good position I would LOVE for us to try and get Klopp here. That would definitely keep me happy.

i cant even think who we could get in if AVB left.

i wonder if Freund would take over.

If AVB leaves it will be because we've achieved 3rd or above imo. So ultimately it would be a win-win situation for us

absolutely none!

hmm not so sure about that, the more clubs which get bought out by these types of owners the more of a challenge it becomes to be the dominant force among them.

obviously it isn't the same kind of challenge managing a non sugar daddy club but id imagine for some it would hold some kind of value - being the best of the richest

i cant even think who we could get in if AVB left.

i wonder if Freund would take over.

I'm willing to bet we'd try for Laudrup. I think Pochettino would be very interesting actually, given that he too favors a high-pressing style.

Difficult this one. Everything about him and spurs seems to point to an affiliation and an affection for the club that has helped rehabilitate his reputation. But little things niggle in the mind- he doesn't need the money, more interested in the challenge. Was a big advocate of gwtting in a DOF, presumably for when he does leave there is continuity. Daniel has backed him this transfer window and presumably would not be pleased if he buggers off at the end of the season.

Struggling to think who we could get to replace him if the unthinkable did happen, but am a big fan of what Pochettino has been able to achieve at Soton- not sure he'd come though.

Until such time hope AVB keeps going- he is by no means the finished article and standing back he is learning a lot this year what with the number of games, cup and league, we'll be playing this year.

he would turn down Spurs???:) I think he'd literally walk from the south coast to manage Tottenham

surprised he still isnt confident enough to give interviews in english though

I'm willing to bet we'd try for Laudrup. I think Pochettino would be very interesting actually, given that he too favors a high-pressing style.

I'd want Pochettino. Perfect for a transition into a new manager who has a similar style of play, Swansea style.

Don't think Laudrup has the quality. Swansea flatter to deceive IMO.

I'd want Pochettino. Perfect for a transition into a new manager who has a similar style of play, Swansea style.

Don't think Laudrup has the quality. Swansea flatter to deceive IMO.

agree.....apparently Laudrup doesnt really do much in training either

an article on our potential next manager :lol:

Italy's famous pink sport newspaper Gazetta dello Sport have an interview with Southampton's Mauricio Pochettino in their Extra Time supplement today. They say their journalist Stefano Boldrini was invited to Southampton by Pochettino for an interview, the south coast club are dubbed the Premier League team of the moment and there is much praise for the way things are going.

Pochettino is asked how he's adapted to the country and football since taking over Southampton "The Premier League is the best tournament in the world. The strengths are organisation and financial strength, supporter passion and respect. A coach can work in peace and quiet with his project, he's not always under scrutiny and under stress as in Spain and Italy."

The Southampton manager had a tough start to the last season with Espanyol in La Liga and had the team at the bottom of the table before he left the club. Espanyol rallied and did well without Pochettino, managing to finish 13th. Rightly or wrongly the bad spell with Espanyol is a stain on Poccettino's CV and one he's trying to overshadow with good work at Southampton.

The Argentinian explains that his grandparents are from Turin and he feels an affinity with Italian football, and confirms that he almost took over Sampdoria in 2012. He thinks that his combination of South American and European is a perfect one for football and has helped his career so far.

On an everyday basis Pochettino says he reminds himself of Argentina by drinking mate. Mate is a drink made from dried leaves and is very popular in South America, Luis Suarez can often be seen drinking it at Anfield when he's serving a ban.

Pochettino explains he also relates to human symbols of Argentina and appreciates people like Maradona and Che Guevara.

"I share many principles with Che. Maradona was the greatest player of all time, I had the honor to play with him a few months in '93."

Asked which modern day man he relates to, Pochettino says Barack Obama "My career is intertwined with him. When he won the election in 2008, I became coach of Espanyol. And when in 2013 he begins his second term in office, I started at Southampton."

Marcelo Bielsa is the Southampton manager's reference in football and Pochettino's favourite word in football is empathy, believing he has to understand players and that's how he can get the most out of people like Pablo Osvaldo.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...hares-principles-with-che-guevara-and-is-inte

That said I'd also have been happy with Di Canio. Ridiculous that he was sacked so early and I think it's been an all too easy narrative to accuse him of being a nut case that lost the dressing room. Of course there were going to be problems implementing massive changes but the players seized the opportunity to get rid of him before he could gain any authority.

He plays attacking football and I think he is a pure winner. I hope he gets another job in England and proves himself and then I think it can be him and Pochettino for the job when AVB decides to move on.

There's this kid in my nephews class. Picks his nose and cries a bit but I think he'd make a great manager after the guy that manages after the guy that manages after the guy that manages after Pochettino after AVB.

That said I'd also have been happy with Di Canio. Ridiculous that he was sacked so early and I think it's been an all too easy narrative to accuse him of being a nut case that lost the dressing room. Of course there were going to be problems implementing massive changes but the players seized the opportunity to get rid of him before he could gain any authority.

He plays attacking football and I think he is a pure winner. I hope he gets another job in England and proves himself and then I think it can be him and Pochettino for the job when AVB decides to move on.

no, just no. I like him, I like his passion, but his methods will not work with top players. Some of the stories coming out of Sunderland are shocking.

What is it about Di Canio that makes people believe in his abilities? He's done nothing. He's proven nothing. He's failed and like indian says the stories coming out of Sunderland about his time there are shocking. I wouldn't want him in any job at Spurs.

I just don't get it. There are loads of managers that have proven something, that have a record of getting along with players, making teams work, getting results. Both well known managers in England and managers in the category Pochetino was in before he came to England. Even with the kindest interpretation of what went on at Sunderland I can think of his record is non-existing compared to some of the others.

Even just mentioning his name in the AVB thread makes me slightly uneasy.

Back