• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

I must have missed all these players being frozen out, Adebayor and Ekotto are the only i can think of- Ade, i think it's fair to say has brought it on himself whilst the Ekotto doesn't really seem much like an AVB type 'character' - as much as i love/rate him im sure his attitude of 'i don't even know who our next opponents/new signings are' would be at odds with a lot of managers prefered squad personalities.

Mountain/molehill comes to mind

You don't sell papers with articles about molehills.

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

I actually Benny's issue is the injury that prevented him from passing a medical at some team in France this summer. Same goes for Hudd - long term injury. While his lethargic personality obviously doesn't help, we also can't afford fullbacks who aren't at peak athleticism in our system.

Ade we have no idea what's really going on, but AVB did give him plenty of chances last season and he's been missing all summer. It may well be that his form and fitness just aren't good enough atm, little to do with AVB freezing him out. I'll note that the likes of Rose have come out with some less-than-clever 'play me or else' statements, but AVB seems perfectly fine with indulging him thus far.

Nope, he featured in half the pre-season, until the death of his brother in fact...

André Villas-Boas has lifted the lid on how he was left feeling “empty” following his dismissal as manager of Chelsea after just nine months at Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese coach was sacked by the Blues in March 2012 following a poor run of results less than a year after he replaced Carlo Ancelotti in charge of the west London club.

The 35-year-old former Porto boss was then appointed as Tottenham manager four months later following Harry Redknapp’s departure from the north London club.

And in a fascinating in-depth interview with the League Managers Association’s The Manager magazine, Villas-Boas explained how he coped following his ruthless dismissal by Chelsea.

“You certainly feel an emptiness at first, because you are used to living in this frantic world of football where you are responsible for many people and are always active. When that ends you don’t know how to behave,” Villas-Boas said.

“To begin with, I spent a lot of time with my family. Then I wanted to get rid of the empty feeling by continuing on my journey of learning and self-development.

“I almost had to revert to the things that make me who I am – as a person and a manager.

“I also met with my technical staff who had left Chelsea at the same time as me and we discussed what we felt hadn’t gone well and what lessons we could learn from the experience.

“All experiences allow you to see things in a different way, to reposition yourself when necessary and develop on a personal and a professional level.”

Villas-Boas, whose Tottenham side just missed out on Champions League qualification as Arsenal finished a point ahead of them last season, continued: “It was good to be able to return to English football with Spurs.

“I was very well received when I joined last season by a tremendous group of players who continue to have such a positive drive and ambition in their desire to achieve results together.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2...oas-empty-chelsea-sacking-tottenham-hotspur/?

Another good game in the bag.

Interesting re his approach, downplayed the availability of players (no indication than both JD and Chadli would be fit) and put out a very strong team. Honestly kind of thing we have seen SAF/Jose do in the past.

Resurrected Kane from nowhere in a new role, very surprising.

True test on Saturday, win would be great, not sure a 1-0 loss would tell us much, guess we have to see our ability to compete and counter Cheat$ki tactically.

... he did hint that with so many games in quick succession, he'd be forced to rotate new players. i think he did well recognizing this as low priority games to get kane, chiriches, defoe, lamela and holtby going. but honestly we have a pretty good bench, the best i've ever seen following Spurs.

I was a little annoyed we had to play Vertonghen, Walker, and Paulie, esp with Verts looking a bit tired these days, but I guess we had no choice with Chiriches so inexperienced in that backline and all our best youngsters out on loan. We do have a large squad that we should hopefully deepen further in January, so I do like playing a stronger team right now to get that Holtby-Lamela-striker triangle and the Paulinho-Sandro partnership up and running as fast as possible despite the risk of injury.

I like how pleased AVB is looking these days :lol: When the camera turned to him he had such a satisfied, blissful look on his face after JD scored the fourth, like he was actually a bit surprised at how good we were.

I was a little annoyed we had to play Vertonghen, Walker, and Paulie, esp with Verts looking a bit tired these days, but I guess we had no choice with Chiriches so inexperienced in that backline and all our best youngsters out on loan. We do have a large squad that we should hopefully deepen further in January, so I do like playing a stronger team right now to get that Holtby-Lamela-striker triangle and the Paulinho-Sandro partnership up and running as fast as possible despite the risk of injury.

I like how pleased AVB is looking these days :lol: When the camera turned to him he had such a satisfied, blissful look on his face after JD scored the fourth, like he was actually a bit surprised at how good we were.

Agreed.

We've been brilliant in recent weeks, the amount of chances we've created against Norwich, Cardiff and now Villa has been top class.

Last season I thought we showed a real resilience and toughness against the top teams, hopefully we can show that again against Chelsea on Saturday. Will most likely be a completely different test to the 3 previous opponents I mentioned and will require a lot of different qualities from our players.

Can't wait for Saturday :)

apparently AVB left WHL on his motorbike on Sat in a hurry in order to get to the airport t fly out to Portugal for FC Porto's 120 year celebrations. AVB was supposed to be the guest of honour

but on the FC Porto website it says he couldnt attend and instead sent a message by video

so where did he rush off to after the game:-k

apparently AVB left WHL on his motorbike on Sat in a hurry in order to get to the airport t fly out to Portugal for FC Porto's 120 year celebrations. AVB was supposed to be the guest of honour

but on the FC Porto website it says he couldnt attend and instead sent a message by video

so where did he rush off to after the game:-k
Maybe he missed his flight?

I have this nagging feeling that AVB won't stick around too long. Unfortunately I don't see him in a Moyes, Ferguson or Wenger mould, more someone like a Magath or even an Ancelotti - someone constantly up for new challenges. I think he might see out his contract with us and then bugger off.

I have this nagging feeling that AVB won't stick around too long. Unfortunately I don't see him in a Moyes, Ferguson or Wenger mould, more someone like a Magath or even an Ancelotti - someone constantly up for new challenges. I think he might see out his contract with us and then bugger off.

he will be at Real or PSG next summer....AVB has already said he wont be in management for too long, so hasnt really got time to waste building a club. He probably wants success and trophies now

Well, if he wants to move on to bigger things he needs to have Spurs beating the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea regularly. I wouldn't have thought that finishing 5th this season will see clubs beating down our door to take him.

Also, Spurs are in the second tier of top European jobs. There are probably only 10 clubs in the world that are likely to prize him away, if even that, and whenever those jobs come up he'd be competing with the best managers in the world for them.

So we need to not overrate AVB before he delivers and we need not to assume he's coveted if his results don't warrant it.

Well, if he wants to move on to bigger things he needs to have Spurs beating the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea regularly. I wouldn't have thought that finishing 5th this season will see clubs beating down our door to take him.

Also, Spurs are in the second tier of top European jobs. There are probably only 10 clubs in the world that are likely to prize him away, if even that, and whenever those jobs come up he'd be competing with the best managers in the world for them.

So we need to not overrate AVB before he delivers and we need not to assume he's coveted if his results don't warrant it.

I think AVB would have a long way to go before going to the top top clubs. I think he makes a few silly mistakes, as do they all, however he makes a bit too many. This is maybe due to his lack of experience (compared to the likes of Mourinho etc). For example the subs and how he didnt change things in second half was ludicrous I felt and not since Wigan at home last season was I so bemused by such substitutions.

there was an article i saw last week re PSG trying to get AVB over the summer and it suggested that he'd be here for another season. Forget the wording but it didnt fill me with much confidence.
I dont doubt his loyalty to the cause but i suspect that he sees us as a stop-gap to repair his reputation after the CFC debacle and he'll then try and jump back on board the merry-go-round of the bigger CL clubs.
If we finish 3rd or 4th his stock will be high.

there was an article i saw last week re PSG trying to get AVB over the summer and it suggested that he'd be here for another season. Forget the wording but it didnt fill me with much confidence.
I dont doubt his loyalty to the cause but i suspect that he sees us as a stop-gap to repair his reputation after the CFC debacle and he'll then try and jump back on board the merry-go-round of the bigger CL clubs.
If we finish 3rd or 4th his stock will be high.

Might not have been this one but he says

"I have a very good relationship with chairman Nasser al-Khelaifi, I talk regularly with him.

"With Nasser we have mutual respect. The fact PSG contacted me was known but I wanted to stay a second season at Tottenham, building on the job I did last season and spending two seasons in the same club for the first time in my career."

AVB won a second-rate league and a good Cup with an exceptional group of players. He failed really badly at Chelsea. He blew a late lead over our rivals in his first season at Spurs.

I am 100% behind AVB and wouldn't change him for almost anyone - he is a shot most definitely worth taking, however it ends. But everyone - including AVB himself - needs to cool it on the notion that he's already made it and is a certainty to be ranked amongst the Galactico managers. He might be, but shooting stars have crashed and burned many a time. He talks the talk and has a good CV, but the facts don't support the contention he's competing with the likes of Mourinho, Ancellotti, Hiddink, SAF, Pep etc. for the toppest of top jobs, nor that he has their level of achievements yet.

AVB won a second-rate league and a good Cup with an exceptional group of players. He failed really badly at Chelsea. He blew a late lead over our rivals in his first season at Spurs.

I am 100% behind AVB and wouldn't change him for almost anyone - he is a shot most definitely worth taking, however it ends. But everyone - including AVB himself - needs to cool it on the notion that he's already made it and is a certainty to be ranked amongst the Galactico managers. He might be, but shooting stars have crashed and burned many a time. He talks the talk and has a good CV, but the facts don't support the contention he's competing with the likes of Mourinho, Ancellotti, Hiddink, SAF, Pep etc. for the toppest of top jobs, nor that he has their level of achievements yet.

well, for the Real Madrid job, Mourinho and Hiddink have already managed there and wont be going back, SAF has retired, Wenger will probably retire at ****, and im sure we all know Pep will never go there. Cant see Ancelloti lasting very long there

not many more options are there, maybe Klopp and Conte, but would they leave there safe seats for the madhouse at Real

imagine if Bale struggles to find form in Spain.....Perez will start asking himself and Bale "now who out there can help Bale become the monster he was in season 2012-13" hmmmmmm:-k

well, for the Real Madrid job, Mourinho and Hiddink have already managed there and wont be going back, SAF has retired, Wenger will probably retire at ****, and im sure we all know Pep will never go there. Cant see Ancelloti lasting very long there

not many more options are there, maybe Klopp and Conte, but would they leave there safe seats for the madhouse at Real

imagine if Bale struggles to find form in Spain.....Perez will start asking himself and Bale "now who out there can help Bale become the monster he was in season 2012-13" hmmmmmm:-k

To get the best out of Bale the team need to channel their play through him like we did, but that ain't ever gonna happen at RM. Bale is doomed to failure IMO and the horde will turn on him with next 2 months. AVB coming in and trying to replicate our approach from last year doesn't seem plausible nor a good idea. It's early days I know, but I can see Bale back at Utd next season.

To get the best out of Bale the team need to channel their play through him like we did, but that ain't ever gonna happen at RM. Bale is doomed to failure IMO and the horde will turn on him with next 2 months. AVB coming in and trying to replicate our approach from last year doesn't seem plausible nor a good idea. It's early days I know, but I can see Bale back at Utd next season.

Na, he'll be wanting CL football if he does come back.

Back