• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

He has done extremely well and deserves a great deal of credit. I do like him a great deal.

I did slate him but the performances were shocking and for that he did deserve criticism. Todays performance wasn't great but great result.

What I will say is I do think we will be a streaky team this season. We will have runs of four or five wins but also runs of defeats.

I hope Levy backs him this january window as I do feel we could really kick on and finish third. Our competitors are simply not performing and we need to take advantage

Good post as usual.

Levy has to back him in January. So so much depends on it (the future of our current players and also of course the CL places).

Level on points with the team in third, who were able to go out and offer ridiculous transfer fees, agents fees and wages to blow us out of the water for players this summer, while we lost 2 key players, had a legend retire way too early, and all the injuries to a significant proportion of the team last year. Bloody good job so far.

Despite disagreeing with you on certain things i find you to be a fantastic poster.

Today's performance was dominant from start to finish.
It was as comprehensive an away performance as you could expect to see.
Encouraging to see Sig break through and do something of great note (nice to be proven wrong today, here's to being proven wrong many more times this season) and Dempsey had another fine game (that ball for the third goal was superb).

Foy needs to be called up for the Bale booking as it totally changed his game. My mate heard him and Lennon at a corner during the second-half, Lennon said to Bale "That booking was awful" to which Bale said "Yeah mate, I'm bricking myself"...it absolutely compromises the way he plays.

Well done again to AVB, who's system is getting closer to full tune-up every week, who has managed the goalkeeper situation superbly and who managed to rest Walker today with no side-effects. I look forward to him having a nearly full-strength squad soon and hopefully what he wants in the window.

A great day at the office.

Nice to see that AVB's performance stats with Spurs now put him back to Bill Nicholson's level.

A couple more wins and he'll be above Harry again.

My criticisms of AVB today:

.....none at all. Strong away win against a decent team and with no bizarre substitutions - although his hands were forced with the injuries. Was very surprised to see Naughton starting ahead of Walker who had had a good game against Liverpool, but Naughton played well so it was a good decision in the end.

More of the same please Andre. Will be a big test next week at Goodison Park, after a mid-week European game and with Bale injured and a returning Adebayor meaning the formation/team selection won't be able to be the same as what's just brought us 3 wins.

Villas-Boas said: “Both Bale and Dawson have suffered hamstring muscle injuries.
“One looks more serious than the other although both are controllable.
“With muscle injuries it’s very difficult but it might keep him out for one to weeks. Dawson a little bit less.”
Meanwhile, two-goal Jermain Defoe has hailed the impact of Villas-Boas since taking over at White Hart Lane in the summer.
The striker said: "Every game we play, it’s always a different approach — how are we going to play against them, how are we going to set up, how are we going to defend and attack?
"So it’s really organised and I think in a way it’s good for all the players, because you know exactly what you’ve got to do on match day.
"There were times like at the beginning of the season when we weren’t really getting results and he was getting a little bit of stick.
"To be fair he’s always been calm, always been calm.
"He’s been in training and you’d never look at him and think 'this is a man under pressure' — he’s always been calm and now we’re getting results."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...reth-Bale-hamstring-injury.html#ixzz2DpfkYj3Q

Another feather in AVB's cap, a good win at a tricky venue, hopefully he is turning the doubters around bit by bit.

Needs to be backed by the one man that really matters in a months time. No p#ssing around on the 31st Jan. Get his wanted list and get them in...early, and you know what...against the odds, we've got a shot at another Top 4 finish

What a difference a week makes!

Next week will really show us potentially what AVB is made of:

No Bale against Panathinaikos and AWAY to Everton, who to me are the real deal this year
No Dawson to deal with Everton's aerial threats, especially Fellaini
The need to Integrate Adebayor seamlessly and with him having as much motivation (and less agression!) as he did against the Goons
Keeping Dempsey and now Siggy playing at the levels shown today (in Dempsey's case for the last few matches imo)

It'll be interesting to see what he actually does at Goodison. Defoe is on fire, Ade will be back in the frame, Dempsey seems to be coming in form and no Bale.

So what do we do? Go 4-4-2? Adebayor/Defoe up top with Dempsey on the left and sort of interchanging with Adebayor who drifts out to the left occasionally anyway? or does Ade start on the bench?

I think we'll go very similar to today's lineup. Hopefully we can progress in Europe while resting some players.

Fulham are a very combataive team, but probably not as combative as Everton will be.

Anybody got any stats on Sandro and Dembele's screening of the defence, aka interceptions?
Those at the match, how did they play defensively, and did they start quick counter-attacks quite often?

The guy is growing on me. Love seeing his celebrations on the touchline, makes a big difference to the half arsed celebrations from Redknapp, thats if he even bothered.

Levy must back him in January. IMO we need another creative midfielder, and a striker. Isco and Llorente would do nicely!

If we get them in and have a fully fit squad, we'll smash the top 4.

I never got why so many people on here were quick to dig the knife in after a few defeats considering how relatively little matches we had played and what our injury situation was.

So many? It was mostly just criticism of our performances, and even then from a small minority, in amongst a few idiots calling for him to go post-Arsenal. And given some of those were from new signs up who hadn't posted much, it could well be other fans taking the pish. Either way, I wouldn't call that 'sticking the knife' in. Some fans seem to want some sort of cult like unity of purpose and benefit of the doubt which is just never going to happen.

Today's performance was dominant from start to finish.
It was as comprehensive an away performance as you could expect to see.
Encouraging to see Sig break through and do something of great note (nice to be proven wrong today, here's to being proven wrong many more times this season) and Dempsey had another fine game (that ball for the third goal was superb).

Foy needs to be called up for the Bale booking as it totally changed his game. My mate heard him and Lennon at a corner during the second-half, Lennon said to Bale "That booking was awful" to which Bale said "Yeah mate, I'm bricking myself"...it absolutely compromises the way he plays.

Well done again to AVB, who's system is getting closer to full tune-up every week, who has managed the goalkeeper situation superbly and who managed to rest Walker today with no side-effects. I look forward to him having a nearly full-strength squad soon and hopefully what he wants in the window.

A great day at the office.

Spot on

Back