• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Andre Villas-Boas says it would be "impossible" for Tottenham to sell Gareth Bale, and has told Luka Modric to mind his own business.

Modric, who left Spurs for Real Madrid this summer, has urged Bale to come and join him at the Santiago Bernabeu, telling The Sun: "I know Gareth has a big dream of winning the Champions League and Madrid would be a great club for him to achieve it."

Bale himself has admitted he would like to play abroad at some stage in his career, but Villas-Boas is keen to hang on to the 23-year-old, who has been in sensational form this season.

The White Hart Lane manager also took a swipe at the Croatian midfielder for meddling in Tottenham's affairs, insisting he should be more worried about Real Madrid's current poor form than the future of Bale.

"I think he should focus more on his club than ours," Villas-Boas told a press conference.

"He has to worry about (Real's) game against Atletico Madrid and about getting in to the quarter-finals of the Champions League

"Obviously Modric is aware of Gareth's performances because of his love for Tottenham and the fact that he is very connected with him and this football club, but it's completely impossible (for Bale to leave)."

www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8295425/AVB-Spurs-won-t-be-selling-Bale

Andre Villas-Boas says it would be "impossible" for Tottenham to sell Gareth Bale, and has told Luka Modric to mind his own business.

Modric, who left Spurs for Real Madrid this summer, has urged Bale to come and join him at the Santiago Bernabeu, telling The Sun: "I know Gareth has a big dream of winning the Champions League and Madrid would be a great club for him to achieve it."

Bale himself has admitted he would like to play abroad at some stage in his career, but Villas-Boas is keen to hang on to the 23-year-old, who has been in sensational form this season.

The White Hart Lane manager also took a swipe at the Croatian midfielder for meddling in Tottenham's affairs, insisting he should be more worried about Real Madrid's current poor form than the future of Bale.

"I think he should focus more on his club than ours," Villas-Boas told a press conference.

"He has to worry about (Real's) game against Atletico Madrid and about getting in to the quarter-finals of the Champions League

"Obviously Modric is aware of Gareth's performances because of his love for Tottenham and the fact that he is very connected with him and this football club, but it's completely impossible (for Bale to leave)."

www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8295425/AVB-Spurs-won-t-be-selling-Bale

'love for tottenham' do i sense a bit of sarcasm from avb there?

We played AVB football for both of Defoes goals today. Bale went off but we still looked solid and had shape, young Carroll came on and looked comfy. Good times and thanks to AVB

AvB for president ! In AvB we trust ... till we lose anyway. I think he's getting his message through and understands our players

I think this is the day the fans really took to him, and it's also perhaps the day that his methods have really gotten through to the players. Not just them paying lip service, saying they like him etc, but really understanding what he wants and pulling it off with confidence. Fantastic.

Good to see that we're progressing forward despite having a squad with injuries. Those criticising AVB at the start of the season should be ashamed, they're not supporters. Also good to see that Defoe is playing so well under AVB

What makes AVB special for me is that he realised that Defoe is his lot, he looked at his strengths and he got us playing to his strengths effectively, that is no small feat.

But the performances...

We're picking up points and that's all that matters in such a busy period when you look at our squad and injuries.

Three wins, seven days. Difficult away fixtures coming up (Everton and Swansea, if I remember correctly), and more so if Daws and Bale aren't fit, but an outstanding achievement nonetheless.

BAE and Parker back as well, that should help. Onwards and upwards. AVB's Blue and White Army.

COYS

July_2413367k.jpg

I never got why so many people on here were quick to dig the knife in after a few defeats considering how relatively little matches we had played and what our injury situation was.

I never got why so many people on here were quick to dig the knife in after a few defeats considering how relatively little matches we had played and what our injury situation was.

Exactly he hasnt even had 1 chance to play his best 11 yet either !!!

He has done extremely well and deserves a great deal of credit. I do like him a great deal.

I did slate him but the performances were shocking and for that he did deserve criticism. Todays performance wasn't great but great result.

What I will say is I do think we will be a streaky team this season. We will have runs of four or five wins but also runs of defeats.

I hope Levy backs him this january window as I do feel we could really kick on and finish third. Our competitors are simply not performing and we need to take advantage

He has done extremely well and deserves a great deal of credit. I do like him a great deal.

I did slate him but the performances were shocking and for that he did deserve criticism. Todays performance wasn't great but great result.

What I will say is I do think we will be a streaky team this season. We will have runs of four or five wins but also runs of defeats.

I hope Levy backs him this january window as I do feel we could really kick on and finish third. Our competitors are simply not performing and we need to take advantage

This!

I have been skeptical about the performances, but credit where it's due, 9 points from 9, can't ask for more.

Agree Levy needs to back him in January too, still need another striker IMO.

Level on points with the team in third, who were able to go out and offer ridiculous transfer fees, agents fees and wages to blow us out of the water for players this summer, while we lost 2 key players, had a legend retire way too early, and all the injuries to a significant proportion of the team last year. Bloody good job so far.

Level on points with the team in third, who were able to go out and offer ridiculous transfer fees, agents fees and wages to blow us out of the water for players this summer, while we lost 2 key players, had a legend retire way too early, and all the injuries to a significant proportion of the team last year. Bloody good job so far.

Oh my Lord you just made me hard as a rock....... Christ can you be my fluffer?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Fapatalk 2

Back