• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Ah, it's just a bit of silly fun. The verse about Chelsea is kind of amusing, admit it :)

Firstly they've ruined an all time great song, and secondly can you imagine our reaction if another club had done that for their manager? We'd be ripping the tinkle no end, and for good reason!

Firstly they've ruined an all time great song, and secondly can you imagine our reaction if another club had done that for their manager? We'd be ripping the tinkle no end, and for good reason!

Firstly, The Beatles are more than capable of looking after themselves. A silly 2 minute YouTube video isn't going ruin one of the classics. Let It Be is a bit bigger than that. :)

And secondly, yes we'd be ripping the tinkle out of a similar video for Pardew from a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan, Rodgers from a 'Pool fan, etc etc. Of course we would. But that wouldn't change the fact that it's still just a silly bit of fun. Doubt I'll remember it exists in a day or two.

Firstly, The Beatles are more than capable of looking after themselves. A silly 2 minute YouTube video isn't going ruin one of the classics. Let It Be is a bit bigger than that. :)

And secondly, yes we'd be ripping the tinkle out of a similar video for Pardew from a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan, Rodgers from a 'Pool fan, etc etc. Of course we would. But that wouldn't change the fact that it's still just a silly bit of fun. Doubt I'll remember it exists in a day or two.

Agreed ... the drama queens on this board .. fudge .. how much of life do people actually just enjoy ...

Agreed ... the drama queens on this board .. fudge .. how much of life do people actually just enjoy ...

You beat me to it talk about over reaction, its a youtube about our manager and just a bit of fun. So many sad folks about.

Saying it's cringeworthy is hardly a drama queen reaction. I think it's pathetic and gives ammo to rival fans. I would say that what some of our fans enjoying it actually demonstrates is how many of our fans demonstrate double standards.

And personally, I can't relate to people with double standards and I don't think they are worth knowing let alone trying to have a conversation with (that's drama queen behaviour by the way, not saying you think something is cringeworthy. The other thing that was drama queen worthy was your response. Major over reaction on your part methinks).

I'm quite happy to see us move to a zonal system, as has been said the stats are no worse for a zonal system. I personally prefer it as all you have to concentrate on is reading the flight of the ball and if you pick it up best you'll clear it. Man to man means the distraction of tracking a player as well as watching the ball. Its reactive not proactive for me. Downside to zonal is being static and allowing attackers to have a run. Of course we could counter that by having our main headers eg the two centre halves go man for man but the rest of the defence zonal, or have blockers around the penalty spot to prevent opposition runs. All in all I think its a positive change from AVB.

And therein lies the problem. Giving opponents a clear run and jump at a corner or free kick is NEVER a good idea.

Saying it's cringeworthy is hardly a drama queen reaction. I think it's pathetic and gives ammo to rival fans. I would say that what some of our fans enjoying it actually demonstrates is how many of our fans demonstrate double standards.

And personally, I can't relate to people with double standards and I don't think they are worth knowing let alone trying to have a conversation with (that's drama queen behaviour by the way, not saying you think something is cringeworthy. The other thing that was drama queen worthy was your response. Major over reaction on your part methinks).

Pathetic? Jesus..

One person thinking something doesn't mean we all think it.

Someone spent their time and effort to make the video, they probably enjoyed doing so and are proud of it. Some people need to get over themselves. When a rival fan does the same I'm not laughing at all of their fans, just the one that made it.

Pathetic? Jesus..

One person thinking something doesn't mean we all think it.

Someone spent their time and effort to make the video, they probably enjoyed doing so and are proud of it. Some people need to get over themselves. When a rival fan does the same I'm not laughing at all of their fans, just the one that made it.

I apologise. It's the best video ever, the funniest video ever and paints Spurs fans in a great light!

I apologise. It's the best video ever, the funniest video ever and paints Spurs fans in a great light!

It paints one spurs fan in a strange light.

One. How many people made the video? One. If i say it enough maybe it'll get through.

So one person makes a video about someone and we're suddenly lauding him?

Laughable.

It just sets us up. If AVB doesn't walk the walk, this video makes us all look a laughing stock.

Now is not the time to do it that is all.

FFS all fans are allowed chants about their managers.....its harmless and strange that some have their knickers in a knot....

I didn't see any lyrics saying he was best manager in the world or we were dominating Europe.........

I can imagine that being sung at the lane and think it would sound awesome......

if anything its a song about believing in the manager......if that's cringe worthy then fudge me....why bother being a fan or having a go at those who believe in him....if you don't like it fair enough....but it doesn't make us look delusional...

As someone on here said, if that had been made about Rodgers, Pardew or even Alerdyce, we would have been rolling around calling their fans delusional.

Back