• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

I do think AVB spends more time in making sure game start with damage limitation as opposed to all-out pedal to the metal. And I agree that when it comes to home games, he could've done with a little less caution at times for sure. But I also think that in fairness, some of the games you've mentioned saw some excellent defensive blocks which prevented at the very least a keeper having to earn his corn (Stoke leaps to mind in this regard)...anyway, I agree, a little more bravery at home sometimes would be appreciated, but overall I think we are really starting to see what the man is working towards.

Yup, Rome wasn't built in a day.

My mate who usually watched games together with me, was very upset when we lost at Everton and didn't beat Stoke. He was very happy today. But I think our performances were about on the same par over the last few games. Everton was a solid considering we were playing away to an opponent at about our level.

The playing style will improve when the team is used to it and even better if AVB can get his preferred players this coming transfer window.

i disagree

we're looking at a far bigger selection of games under Redknapp than with AVB so there will naturally be more results/performances that either of us could cherry pick to suit our argument.

What are you disagreeing on?

So the games against lesser teams where we dropped points over the years (Wolves x 2, Hull x 2, Wigan hmmm what else?) was down to us not creating more than good goalkeeping and poor finishing in your opinion?

A simple question for all the doubters-how would you rate Everton's season and Moyes?
We are above them in the table.
We are now 2 points ahead of last year's total against the same teams.
Obviously Villa were on a low point but that was still only a good performance not a great performance and I honestly believe AVB will soon be producing great performances regularly.

I do think AVB spends more time in making sure game start with damage limitation as opposed to all-out pedal to the metal. And I agree that when it comes to home games, he could've done with a little less caution at times for sure. But I also think that in fairness, some of the games you've mentioned saw some excellent defensive blocks which prevented at the very least a keeper having to earn his corn (Stoke leaps to mind in this regard)...anyway, I agree, a little more bravery at home sometimes would be appreciated, but overall I think we are really starting to see what the man is working towards.

I think its a perfect tactic. We score first and early, teams have to come at us and most times we will pick them off. Its when they sit back we struggle a bit.

What are you disagreeing on?

So the games against lesser teams where we dropped points over the years (Wolves x 2, Hull x 2, Wigan hmmm what else?) was down to us not creating more than good goalkeeping and poor finishing in your opinion?

Im disagreeing that struggling to break down defense minded opponents is a new phenomenon for us to be experiencing and that our poor results from the previous seasons were despite us bombarding the opposition goal with clear cut chance after chance yet somehow managing not to score

I think its a perfect tactic. We score first and early, teams have to come at us and most times we will pick them off. Its when they sit back we struggle a bit.

Of course and its no coincidence that we tend to score first - its actually fairly remarkable. However at home we need to go gung ho a bit from the get go. We need to score early on against the Wigans and Stokes of this world.

A simple question for all the doubters-how would you rate Everton's season and Moyes?
We are above them in the table.
We are now 2 points ahead of last year's total against the same teams.
Obviously Villa were on a low point but that was still only a good performance not a great performance and I honestly believe AVB will soon be producing great performances regularly.

They are having a very very good season but dont forget they didnt spend 60m quid.

It is very easy to get carried away, like you say, as Vill are really really poor i mean they are utter utter brick.

AVB REPORT CARD

Players "C"
press "A"
Club "A"
Results "C+"
Style ...Home = "E" and Away = "B-"

From the five categories, surely your Results rating will have to be something mainly on how the manager influences the end results? If it has nothing to do with what a manager has done, why include it in the report card? And why else you would have mentioned "stupid late goals" in your other post.

I do like your ratings other than Results (me think would be a B to B- thus far, but I only expect us finish around 5th or 6th at the end of the season). Levy has a lot of influence on player tranfers, I think AVB could only be graded mainly on player management side. Style, well, I don't think it's exciting too, and overall I would think it's a C- (small failure) for the time being.

Last edited:
Im disagreeing that struggling to break down defense minded opponents is a new phenomenon for us to be experiencing and that our poor results from the previous seasons were despite us bombarding the opposition goal with clear cut chance after chance yet somehow managing not to score

YOU'RE WRONG...

nah let's agree to disagree;)

From the five categories, surely your Results rating will have to be something mainly on how the manager influences the end results? If it has nothing to do with what a manager has done, why include it in the report card? And why else you would have mentioned "stupid late goals" in your other post.

I do like your ratings other than Results (me think would be a B to B- thus far, but I only expect us finish around 5th or 6th at the end of the season). Levy has a lot of influence on player tranfers, I think AVB could only be graded mainly on player management side. Style, well, I don't think it's exciting too, and overall I would think it's a C- (small failure) for the time being.

ok i get what you're saying now lol. I disagree but i get it:p

Horses for courses I think mate, it all depends on the opposition we're playing and the players at our disposal. But yeah, if the opposition have a go at us, then we have plenty of space to exploit with our pacey players (as seen today).

They are having a very very good season but dont forget they (Everton) didnt spend 60m quid.

It is very easy to get carried away, like you say, as Vill are really really poor i mean they are utter utter brick.

Neither did we. Nobody is getting carried away, but I am getting more and more confident with every game. Every single player is improving and the team itself is improving. Results are improving as we move towards the business end of the season not fading as happened last term and the signs are good

Back