• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Do the analysis then?

Arsenal hav. Better starting XI IMO. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a very tasty team!!

I think we are very one eyed when it ones to our weaknesses and other tems strengths.
The squad's strength in depth has been decimated due to recent poor man management. I doubt we can get a backup AM as good as Krancjar, or a backup defenders like Corluka and Bassong. One of the reasons why we were so poor the second half of the season was due to our lack of Athleticism at CB when Kaboul was out.

I don't see the point in trying to compare last season's form with the one to come - especially not for Spurs and Liverpool.

We have no idea what effect the new managers will have on their teams or how long it will take to materialise. The squads of all the top teams will be markedly different too.

I wish some of you weren't on the Man Untied board in the late 80's. The dip they had with Fergie would have seen him sacked with you lot and done us all a favour. The guy needs to be given time, at least 2 seasons, 5th/6th would not be a disaster as long as there were positive signs in that time.

Agreed 5th/6th wouldn't be a disaster, but I find it ludicrous for people to suggest finishing 7th wouldn't be bad with the majority (hopefully all) of our most important players still at the club just because a manager that was disliked has gone.

Agreed 5th/6th wouldn't be a disaster, but I find it ludicrous for people to suggest finishing 7th wouldn't be bad with the majority (hopefully all) of our most important players still at the club just because a manager that was disliked has gone.

Not sure anyone has actually said that..

What's ironic about that, is that - under Redknapp - not only were we relatively successful; indeed more successful than we've been in a good 25yrs or so, but it was sustainable in terms of net investment. He was also building a squad which he knew inside-out.

So then Levy decides to change it. Destabilises the club. 4th, 5th, 4th - yet wants to go 'in a different direction'.

I fear he's chasing something he can't actually finance.

You sound like Redknapp when he says we came from nowhere. lol

It would be poor, the absolute bare minimum target is top 6, but if it does happen he should still be given another year, unless we look really poor and are only dragged to 7th by a handful of players.

Chelsea are going to be even worse than last season. No Drogba is a blow. All their ageing players one year older. but importantly, Di Matteo is a joke, he had a worse league record than the "disaster" that was AVB and absolutely spawned two cups undeservedly. Fair enough, it's a monstrous achievement; but they were pretty much awful in every game. This was when Di Matteo was in a win-win situation with no pressure; people were just thankful of the change and his played important matches straight away which papered over the awful performances and league form. Next season he won't have any of that. GONE BY CHRISTMAS.

Arsenal without Van Persie is a MUCH weaker team.

Liverpool... I can't believe we even consider these as peers anymore.

I really think 3rd.

I'm not movin t goal posts. You've asically confirmed that if they avoid injuries then Arsenal, us, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are all evn, then you have the Manchester clubs. You omit the likes of Suarez and Maxi? I really don't think there's much between the full backs.

I did pick Suarez! Chelsea are probably marginly better, Arsenal and Spurs are fairly even, but I think we are better than Saudi Sportswashing Machine albeit not by that much but I'm simply not having that we are on a par with Liverpool!

> I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine got the serious run of the ball last season and will not be a serious force this.

> I really worry for Nice Guy Brendan at Liverpool and can see it not going right for him, at least not next term.

> I sense Arse are still brittle as hell and flagging, despite new signings.

> Chelsea have a lot of old players now, RdiM was sacked by WBA and I don't see them as that scary at all.

I think AVB's technical approach is incredibly suited to the current Spurs squad, who I think will be very receptive to a codified version of the great football they've already been playing.

Hence, I think 3rd is a very real possibility next season and I'll be disappointed if we don't pinch it.

I sincerely hope you are right. Dont see it myself personally. man u, man c and chelsea are really nailed on for top three. Arse have already made two quality signings and still have RVP. I think Rodgers will get Liverpool playing. That means 6th at best for us as a team in transition. As I said, I hope you are right and I am wrong though,

I wish some of you weren't on the Man Untied board in the late 80's. The dip they had with Fergie would have seen him sacked with you lot and done us all a favour. The guy needs to be given time, at least 2 seasons, 5th/6th would not be a disaster as long as there were positive signs in that time.

OI!

YOU!

NNOOOOOOOOOOO!

STOP TALKING SENSE.

infraction - ban

Finish 7th after a dodgy start, getting on a nice run at the end. Still only finish within 3 points of top 4. Win the FA Cup and Europa. Id take that.

Not sure anyone has actually said that..

On the previous page people suggested they would be happy with 7th.

I don't want this thread to degenerate into a Redknapp slanging match so I will only say this once and I won't comment on him even if provoked, but people gave him short shrift and wanted him gone two seasons ago for finishing 5th and this season for finishing 4th. So It's poor that people are giving AVB so much slack if we finish three places lower than last season with essentially the same core group of players as last season. No doubt people will blame Redknapp if we have a poor season like Liverpool fans blamed Hodgson, but AVB will get all the credit if we get top 3.

I sincerely hope you are right. Dont see it myself personally. man u, man c and chelsea are really nailed on for top three. Arse have already made two quality signings and still have RVP. I think Rodgers will get Liverpool playing. That means 6th at best for us as a team in transition. As I said, I hope you are right and I am wrong though,

Chelsea not necessarily nailed on, they were hardly playing exciting football under di Matteo and I could definitely see teams getting results against them, most notably us. I think Man Utd and Emirates Marketing Project are the only two teams nailed on in positions one and two. Arsenal are the same team, two new signings of unknown quantity. Giroud was average before his one season wonder last year, Podolski choked at a top team before, whos to say he won't again, looks terrible at the Euros too and Liverpool are in every bit of a transition as we are.

Honestly, it's really all or nothing with some people on here. You're either the best in the world or the worst.

The reason being league placing is not the be all and end all. If it was, Harry would not have been sacked.

Back