• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Much like Blair, Obama was far too obsessed with his own legacy to get any real world politics done.

Without a doubt, as Scara said he is just another Blair. " Look what i have done for my Country" persona.

Agreed he hasn't done much but when the Republicans have a policy to actively block everything he proposes it makes it hard to get any proposals through. He had the chance when he first got in when democrats held both houses but he tried to engage with the republicans which has proved to be a mistake.

I have a real problem with his use of Drones.

Agreed he hasn't done much but when the Republicans have a policy to actively block everything he proposes it makes it hard to get any proposals through. He had the chance when he first got in when democrats held both houses but he tried to engage with the republicans which has proved to be a mistake.
He certainly faced a tough, partisan crowd.

That's why he needed to concentrate more on "some good" rather than "all the good".

I have a real problem with his use of Drones.
You'd rather he killed more American soldiers?

865112.gif

Yeah. Not the most inspiring - but then I don't find him a particularly engaging orator.
I did chuckle when he quoted from the bible - obviously a "you have to say something about GHod" directive.
Actually, there's a lot of religious readings and stuff around this. I suppose it's always been like that, maybe I've never watched a full inauguration ceremony before.

Yeah. Not the most inspiring - but then I don't find him a particularly engaging orator.
I did chuckle when he quoted from the bible - obviously a "you have to say something about GHod" directive.
Actually, there's a lot of religious readings and stuff around this. I suppose it's always been like that, maybe I've never watched a full inauguration ceremony before.

To me the USA has always seems a largely Religious Fundamentalist country..

Without a doubt, as Scara said he is just another Blair. " Look what i have done for my Country" persona.

This happens so much to people in positions of power, they all have a direct line to G O D and they both have the same ideas. I sometimes wonder if all these powerful people and celebrities do live in the real world and it's the rest of us live in a nightmare.

With Obama, the rhetoric outstripped the reality.

Their economic performance has been good. There have been few Presidents who have inherited a better economy than Trump. There have also been significant improvements on LGBT rights, healthcare and climate change. I think that he also always managed to carry himself with incredible warmth, intelligence and dignity. I for one will miss him.

Back