• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I just can't wrap my head around how his countless, proven lies and contradictions is simply ignored by so many. This man is hypocrisy impersonated, to a degree the world cannot have seen before. Regardless of where you stand politically, there are so many wrongs in what he does and say - I don't understand how people can ignore it. I just don't get it at all.

I just can't wrap my head around how his countless, proven lies and contradictions is simply ignored by so many. This man is hypocrisy impersonated, to a degree the world cannot have seen before. Regardless of where you stand politically, there are so many wrongs in what he does and say - I don't understand how people can ignore it. I just don't get it at all.
I don't think people ignore it at all (at least, not most of them). His positive approval rating is tiny.

Problems for our Amerifat cousins is that their choices have been a lying halfwit, a lying clam or a communist for president. As soon as the Democrats put up a sensible candidate, the Republicans will be in trouble.

Brexit, Mourinho and Trump to name just three from a huge list of examples.
People once ‘publicly’ allied to a person or idea would rather do almost anything and I mean anything, other than actually except and then admit they are/were simply wrong!

Last edited:
There have been several polls that show Bernie Sanders beating Trump in 2020. One of the latest ones show Bernie beating him by 13 points and Joe Biden beating him by 14 points. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...biden-poll-democrats-republican-a7848141.html

Factor in the popularity of Medicare for All, which is Bernie's flagship policy. Then add that Trump can't really beat Bernie on authenticity (Bernie has been pretty consistent on policy for a long time). He can't say Bernie is part of the establishment (The Dem establishment already rigged the last primary against him). Trump can't say that Bernie is bought (he doesn't take corporate cash). Trump can't say that Bernie wants to go to war with everyone like Clinton (Bernie voted against the Iraq War). These are things that Trump could use against a Dem like Biden in a campaign, but they are closed off v Bernie.

Bernie came from nowhere, no name recognition and 60 points behind Clinton, and almost beat her in a primary where it's since been acknowledged that the game was rigged against him. This time, everyone knows who he is. As recently as last year, he polled as the most popular politician in America (I don't have more recent figures to hand). https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-bernie-sanders-is-most-popular-u-s-politician/

Make no mistake, Bernie Sanders could beat Trump. The toughest obstacle for him will be corporate democrats who, frankly, would rather a Trump presidency than a Sanders one.

There have been several polls that show Bernie Sanders beating Trump in 2020. One of the latest ones show Bernie beating him by 13 points and Joe Biden beating him by 14 points. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...biden-poll-democrats-republican-a7848141.html

Factor in the popularity of Medicare for All, which is Bernie's flagship policy. Then add that Trump can't really beat Bernie on authenticity (Bernie has been pretty consistent on policy for a long time). He can't say Bernie is part of the establishment (The Dem establishment already rigged the last primary against him). Trump can't say that Bernie is bought (he doesn't take corporate cash). Trump can't say that Bernie wants to go to war with everyone like Clinton (Bernie voted against the Iraq War). These are things that Trump could use against a Dem like Biden in a campaign, but they are closed off v Bernie.

Bernie came from nowhere, no name recognition and 60 points behind Clinton, and almost beat her in a primary where it's since been acknowledged that the game was rigged against him. This time, everyone knows who he is. As recently as last year, he polled as the most popular politician in America (I don't have more recent figures to hand). https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-bernie-sanders-is-most-popular-u-s-politician/

Make no mistake, Bernie Sanders could beat Trump. The toughest obstacle for him will be corporate democrats who, frankly, would rather a Trump presidency than a Sanders one.
I think he is great, but has it come too late for him?

I think he is great, but has it come too late for him?

I don't think it matters. Not like Trump is a spring chicken and the other most popular Dem candidate is Biden, I think he is about the same age as Bernie.

*edit - Bernie is 76, Biden is 75, Trump is 72.

I don't think it matters. Not like Trump is a spring chicken and the other most popular Dem candidate is Biden, I think he is about the same age as Bernie.

*edit - Bernie is 76, Biden is 75, Trump is 72.
Well none of them is young I suppose but you forget that Trump is the fittest president in history.
If Sanders is up for it, then why not. And Ocasio-Cortez as VP too, to give them something else to squeal about:).

Well none of them is young I suppose but you forget that Trump is the fittest president in history.
If Sanders is up for it, then why not. And Ocasio-Cortez as VP too, to give them something else to squeal about:).

It'd be interesting, if Sanders won the nomination, who he'd choose as his running mate. My guess is one of 3 women (Nina Turner, Tulsi Gabbard or Elizabeth Warren).

It'd be interesting, if Sanders won the nomination, who he'd choose as his running mate. My guess is one of 3 women (Nina Turner, Tulsi Gabbard or Elizabeth Warren).
Warren I'd say (only because I don't know the others :oops:). It would drive Trump nuts too if he is still around.

edit: oh yeah the Gabbard is the surfer.

Back