• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Have we rolled the red carpet for others?

Genuine question, Im not aware. And I would have expected a certain level of objection had we been receiving the Saudis on a state visit, for example.

I dont see why we should accept him, let alone welcome him. Id much rather our leadership stood on principle and told him to fudge off.

100% we have.

Anyway having trump com is just part and parcel of being a major city - ey mr Khan

Even still, I prefer principle over "just part and parcel".

Id have said the same of the Saudis, genuinely unaware they had visited - and a little surprised there wasnt more noise about it.

Trump courts the support of white supremacists, so I have no problem with people giving him sh1t if he wants to come and visit. I don't think we should stop him coming, but I don't think we should stop people protesting his visit either.

We've let leaders of regimes with pretty bad human rights records visit this country, so may as well let candy-floss head come over. If he does, I hope he gets no end of sh1t to dent his ego.

*edit* but I don't think he will come over, because his ego won't allow it.

Completely agree. I want him to come over here, get a brickload of abuse and watch him try to lie his way out of agreeing with questions of him getting a bad reception. He'll put it down to fake news or blame CNN somehow.

I get what you are saying but a scumbags a scumbag so rolling the red carpet for one and then playing moral high ground with others does not work for me thats all
Completely agree with you there.
There should be more public moral outrage.
I hope Trump still has his state visit.
But I do think we should hold the US to a higher standard than Saudi etc because of the associated expectation of the US.

Completely agree with you there.
There should be more public moral outrage.
I hope Trump still has his state visit.
But I do think we should hold the US to a higher standard than Saudi etc because of the associated expectation of the US.

The way I see it is, if you block him coming you lose the fight, let him come and protest and have a larger platform to protest.

I don't see that as the Democrats caving. The deal gives the Democrats something they want and Trump something that he wants. That is called a compromise.

What they are asking for in the clip is for the Democrats to play politics over the shutdown. The problem is that there are real people, brought up in the US, threatened with deportation and facing major disruption to their lives. This is real lives that are being affected. Getting the deal for the dreamers helps people, the wall is just a waste of money.

I think that the point is that the dems tend to negotiate right away from a position of compromise, instead of getting the opposition to come to that position. In the long run, that hurts the people who the Democrats are supposed to represent.

DUBKwGmWsAEce-j.jpg:large

Yes, they're marching to celebrate the economy.

I have already resigned myself to the following; that he won't get impeached and he will probably win the next election which means another 6 years of this brick.

I have already resigned myself to the following; that he won't get impeached and he will probably win the next election which means another 6 years of this brick.
The Mueller investigation is progressing, it's slow going perhaps, but that's the nature of these things. In 6-9 months they might have enough to make impeachment the only real option. If his approval ratings among republicans drops by a chunk the political motivation to impeach will increase significant, even barring clear findings from the investigation.

The political swing is also looking significant. If the Democrats manage to take control of the Senate it would be a game changer for Trump and massively increase the chance if impeachment. A solid democratic candidates in 2020 looks a very solid favourite right now if up against Trump.

Not a betting man on such issues, but I think the chances of him being gone in a year are higher than him being there for another six.

Back