• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Did I read the NYmag article wrong or was Wolff actually in the Oval for some of it too?

Yes, seems he sat on couch in the West Wing and talked to people. The whole place was so disorganised that no one told him to leave and everyone assumed he had permission.

Just after the inauguration, Wolff said he was given “something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing,” conducting hundreds of interviews with White House aides, including “most members of [Trump’s] senior staff.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...ails-from-michael-wolffs-bombshell-trump-book

Last edited:
It's available in the iBook Store now if anyone is desperate to read it (should be in the Kindle store on Tuesday). I'll be making a start on my commute home.

It's available in the iBook Store now if anyone is desperate to read it (should be in the Kindle store on Tuesday). I'll be making a start on my commute home.
In the Kindle store now and the US hardback release has been brought forward to today. I assume this is to get it out there before Trump lodged a suit today.

It's funny because I'm not American.

A valid question for some of what's being written. Worth noting that there are other sources too.

Bannon's motivations are interesting to speculate about.

I suspect he the "mechanic" for a US version of Arron Banks and have their eyes on the next election.
Maybe Mike Pence? He knows all the details and has stayed out of Trump's wrath.
He is the ideal Brutus.

Bought the book on my Kindle yesterday, and it is such a fascinating read. I find myself raising eyebrows, chuckling and shaking my head at the events and conversations being described - like someone else said, even if this is only 10% true, it's madness.

The scary thing is that not once have I thought there's no way that brick happened. It's totally believable. Cant wait for tonight when the kids are asleep and I can keep on reading!

Bought the book on my Kindle yesterday, and it is such a fascinating read. I find myself raising eyebrows, chuckling and shaking my head at the events and conversations being described - like someone else said, even if this is only 10% true, it's madness.

The scary thing is that not once have I thought there's no way that brick happened. It's totally believable. Cant wait for tonight when the kids are asleep and I can keep on reading!
How do you like the Kindle? Thought of getting one years ago. Never did, obviously.

How do you like the Kindle? Thought of getting one years ago. Never did, obviously.
Mine is one of the best things I own - especially for going on holiday. I'd go for the paperwhite version (old model will do) as the screen is matte and isn't too bright when reading at night.

At home our bookcases are all full of books we can't bear to get rid of, so the only option for me was a kindle.

Back