• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Man of many talents - able to manipulate the United States *and* run a football club. With the help of his previously unknown brother, of course. ;)

Overall, I think you're right. However, I wonder if Bannon's *quite* as in-step with the rest of the Republican establishment as you're painting him out to be - if you look at his past, the man is *far* from the racist drunk he appears to be based on his time at Breitbart and his outward appearance. Masters' degree in national security studies from Georgetown, MBA from Harvard, seven years as an SWO (O-3) aboard the Paul F.Forster and as a special assistant to the Chief of Naval Operations in Washington, vice-president of M&A at Goldman Sachs....

..no doubt about it, the man's supremely intelligent. And he allies that intelligence with a long-established, visceral dislike for the traditional Republican Party, which he sees as too accepting of various social and economic ills. I think there will be more internal battles over who gets to control the puppet President that the Republican Party would care to wage, and that's going to mesh with Trump's own occasional desire to have his own way on things.

An interesting four years in store in terms of internecine White House conflicts, to say the least.

I agree, and in truth, I wonder myself who would 'win' he next phase battle between him and Pence. It certainly has crossed my mind. Well stated. We are in total agreement. p.s. Poch Brothers :)

As i say, the creation of Israel would be no different if (somehow) there would be a creation of an Islamic State. Both would only happen based on acceptance of whatever is written in "Holy Texts" - regardless of the actual method of how the creation would/could come about.
Not really. The creation of Israel was due to displacement of people, not because of their religion.

The placement of it was due to religion and I'd far prefer it if they hadn't been religious and we could have placed Israel in some uninhabited part of Alaska or something. Their beliefs meant that Israel was created where a handful of nutjobs already lived and turns out to have offended all the godtards in the region. They're all as bad as each other in that regard.

There are some Christian sexist right wing nutjobs in places such as the USA and Ireland, let's not pretend all is lovely and dandy in all parts of the world where Christianity is actually practiced day to day for the majority of peoples. In fact, i'd say attitudes to homosexuals are similar as we well know even here in the UK (outside the large urban areas).
My general point is that to ban migrants from those countries due to some nutjobs in the region sometimes partaking in ISIS and similar barbaric extremism seems absurd: people from those countries are usually themselves the biggest victims of the terrorism. I mean why didn't Trump also ban travellers from Saudi Arabia, seeing as they practice often the most barbaric forms of extreme Islam (and maybe by proxy seem to create a lot of the extremists, e.g. Bin Laden and friends)?
Also, because often migrants from, say, Sweden, are known to form KKK groups in the USA should that mean that migrants from Sweden should be banned from entering the USA??
I think that any religious belief that affects people's lives is wrong. No nuances.

But as I've said earlier in the thread, it makes perfect sense to pick the low hanging fruit and start with the religions causing most harm. If I could stop all religion tomorrow I gladly would, but a start is a start.

If you're going to try and place some kind of equivalence on this then you'll have to tell me where and why you disagree with the Sam Harris interview I posted above. It quite clearly states how and why we need to be particularly concerned about Islam and why that should be at the top of our "stop religion" list.

BTW, where do you get your information re FGM in Malaysia? I'm intrigued because i always thought that FGM was more a prevalent issue in some African and some Arab/Middle Eastern countries but not so much in East Asia..
I remember reading about it on a plane some years ago, so it was probably in National Geographic. I used Al Jazeera and a couple of others when checking up before posting. Take a look:
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-...l-cutting-thailand-south-150309083458995.html

I got figures from the Grauniad:
https://www.theguardian.com/global-...nd-muslim-south-authorities-blind-eye-fgm-who

Not really. The creation of Israel was due to displacement of people, not because of their religion.

The placement of it was due to religion and I'd far prefer it if they hadn't been religious and we could have placed Israel in some uninhabited part of Alaska or something. Their beliefs meant that Israel was created where a handful of nutjobs already lived and turns out to have offended all the godtards in the region. They're all as bad as each other in that regard.

I think that any religious belief that affects people's lives is wrong. No nuances.

But as I've said earlier in the thread, it makes perfect sense to pick the low hanging fruit and start with the religions causing most harm. If I could stop all religion tomorrow I gladly would, but a start is a start.

If you're going to try and place some kind of equivalence on this then you'll have to tell me where and why you disagree with the Sam Harris interview I posted above. It quite clearly states how and why we need to be particularly concerned about Islam and why that should be at the top of our "stop religion" list.

I remember reading about it on a plane some years ago, so it was probably in National Geographic. I used Al Jazeera and a couple of others when checking up before posting. Take a look:
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-...l-cutting-thailand-south-150309083458995.html

I got figures from the Grauniad:
https://www.theguardian.com/global-...nd-muslim-south-authorities-blind-eye-fgm-who

I'm not going to argue against your general point about Islam currently being the most dangerous religion - I agree.

But just in terms of the Israel point - its creation wasn't just due to displacement, but also repression. And you could argue there are some parallels in that respect - starting with the displacement and repression of Palestinians, followed up with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and now most European countries trying to minimise the number of Muslim refugees they take in (like they did to Jews in the early 20th Century). In reaction to those things, the creation of an Islamic State has some logic.

Obviously the drive for an Islamic State comes partly from the purely religious exhortations in the Koran, but surely the drive wouldn't be as strong without all the geopolitical things that have happened in the 20th and 21st Centuries?

he's got a secret tax plan

a really good tax plan

it really is the best tax plan

i want it to stop and i want to get off

Back