• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

It's not that we leave it late every year. It's that now we compete for European qualification against top clubs. Compared to when our season finished 3 or 4 matches before the final day being safe from relegation in midtable..I will take this.

Totally. Much rather this way.

We have taken it to the last day again, and could feasibly still finish level on points with 3rd place, which, considering the start we had, is excellent.
I feel people are being a little harsh saying we blew it, losing to Fulham and Liverpool. If we hadnt lost those games, Christ we would have been on a 21-match unbeaten run, which is almost a title-winning sequence.
2 defeats in 21 League games and 9 games unbeaten since Anfield for me is one of the better runs I have seen us put together for a while

Alan Pardew insists his Saudi Sportswashing Machine side will not take their foot off the gas in the final game of the Barclays Premier League season.

The Magpies entertain Arsenal on Sunday at St. James' Park, knowing their top flight status is secured for another year following a 2-1 win away at Queens Park Rangers.

In his post-match interview at Loftus Road, the manager joked with the press that he was unconcerned about the result of the Gunners' fixture.

But he has reiterated his desire to end the 2012/13 campaign on a winning note and atone for two recent disappointing home defeats.

"I know people will have picked up on my comments about not caring about the result against Arsenal, which were of course a joke," Pardew told Saudi Sportswashing Machine.co.uk.

"It is definitely not the case that I would be happy for us to lose 4-0 against Arsenal on Sunday. I simply want our players and fans to be able to enjoy the game without looking over their shoulders.

"Even though we are now safe we will be putting in the same effort that we would for any other Premier League game.

"Our last two results at St. James' Park - against Sunderland and Liverpool - have been nowhere near good enough, and Sunday gives us the chance to put that right.

"We want to end the season on a positive, to finish in as high a position as possible and to give the fans something to cheer about on the final day of what has been a frustrating season.

"Arsenal will be doing everything they can to try and achieve a Champions League spot and we won't make it easy for them, make no mistake about that.

"This is a game everyone at this football club wants to win."

too late cnut

Cool. Thread closed then.

[/B]

We have taken it to the last day again, and could feasibly still finish level on points with 3rd place, which, considering the start we had, is excellent.
I feel people are being a little harsh saying we blew it, losing to Fulham and Liverpool. If we hadnt lost those games, Christ we would have been on a 21-match unbeaten run, which is almost a title-winning sequence.
2 defeats in 21 League games and 9 games unbeaten since Anfield for me is one of the better runs I have seen us put together for a while

kevin-approves.gif

Wenger in January: "It is unfair for the league that some teams who have played for example now twice Saudi Sportswashing Machine already have an advantage on teams who play Saudi Sportswashing Machine now they have bought six or seven players."

tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/54304/arsene-wenger-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-have-an-unfair-advantage

Wenger in January: "It is unfair for the league that some teams who have played for example now twice Saudi Sportswashing Machine already have an advantage on teams who play Saudi Sportswashing Machine now they have bought six or seven players."

tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/54304/arsene-wenger-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-have-an-unfair-advantage

macaron. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have an unfair advantage because Arsenal chose not to buy more players?

Yeah, unfair.

A bit like getting to play the best team in the league when they've already won it.

Or relegation threatened teams when their fate is already decided.

Goon ****.

time to retire me thinks....the guy is really losing it. Wonder if Ferguson has passed on the number to the old folks home

Fulham 0-1
Wigan 1-1
Wigan 0-1

Thats why IF we fail to make CL its these kind of results I'm afraid

Ah yeah, because Chelsea haven't lost points to the smaller sides? Arsenal haven't either? Right?

IF we fail to get CL it will be down to every and any result in which we did not get three points.

Edit: And even that would be shirt sighted.

Last edited:
Fulham 0-1
Wigan 1-1
Wigan 0-1

Thats why IF we fail to make CL its these kind of results I'm afraid

You do know that we already have several more points than it took when we got in a few years ago? We are on the verge of ending with our highest ever points total in the PL!!! 72 points! In some seasons that's been third with comfort...

Ah yeah, because Chelsea haven't lost points to the smaller sides? Arsenal haven't either? Right?

IF we fail to get CL it will be down to every and any result in which we did not get three points.

this.

Arsenal lost away at Norwich, drew 3-3 at home to Fulham, lost to Swanse at home etc.
Chelsea lost to Southampton away, blew a 2 goal lead at home to them aswell to draw 2-2, they blew a 2 goal lead against Reading and drew 2-2, they lost to QPR at home, lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, lost to West Ham.

Difference is, they have smashed teams that we've failed to pick points up against (funnily enough, ones you haven't mentioned)

[/B]

=D>=D>[-o<

Further, since conceding those late goals at Everton, we haven't conceded any late goals and have scored, how many, 7 or 8 in the last 10 mins to become the late goal team of the moments? Phenonmenal...

The Stoke win was the 13th time in the past 22 games in all competitions that we've scored a winner or equaliser that brought a draw in the 78th minute or later.

We hadn't done this once in the previous 42 games.

Edit: And even that would be shirt sighted.

You're right, but we should worry about OUR results not our rivals, and we still don't pick up enough points against those types of sides.

It's crazy, if we did pick up all the points that we are supposed to we would be pretty dam close to winning the title. I'm not saying we shouldn't be aspiring to that but we are a top 5 side for that very reason and not title challengers just yet. We have to do it step by step.

Last year we could have said if only we had secured 1 more point. This season we may well get that and then some. Would be terribly disappointing to miss out still.

Back