• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

I wish some journalist would ask Pardew how he would have reacted if Laudrup had said before Swansea's game against Wigan that he didn't care if they lost because their season was over and their objectives had been met.

Would require someone to actually be a journalist though.

I wish some journalist would ask Pardew how he would have reacted if Laudrup had said before Swansea's game against Wigan that he didn't care if they lost because their season was over and their objectives had been met.

Would require someone to actually be a journalist though.

Quite. Not only would I ask him that but when the inevitable soundbytes about it being taken too seriously or out of context come back in response I would then ask him if in hindsight, that he thought the quote was actually a pretty stupid thing to say for someone under pressure. Like you say, that line of questioning requires someone to have some balls and step up to the plate as a journalist which is never going to happen.

Hope he gets sacked and doesn't work in football again.

Whoever is there it makes no difference as they are no real threat to us. I would like him sacked because he is a prat.

Alan Pardew insists his Saudi Sportswashing Machine side will not take their foot off the gas in the final game of the Barclays Premier League season.

The Magpies entertain Arsenal on Sunday at St. James' Park, knowing their top flight status is secured for another year following a 2-1 win away at Queens Park Rangers.

In his post-match interview at Loftus Road, the manager joked with the press that he was unconcerned about the result of the Gunners' fixture.

But he has reiterated his desire to end the 2012/13 campaign on a winning note and atone for two recent disappointing home defeats.

"I know people will have picked up on my comments about not caring about the result against Arsenal, which were of course a joke," Pardew told Saudi Sportswashing Machine.co.uk.

"It is definitely not the case that I would be happy for us to lose 4-0 against Arsenal on Sunday. I simply want our players and fans to be able to enjoy the game without looking over their shoulders.

"Even though we are now safe we will be putting in the same effort that we would for any other Premier League game.

"Our last two results at St. James' Park - against Sunderland and Liverpool - have been nowhere near good enough, and Sunday gives us the chance to put that right.

"We want to end the season on a positive, to finish in as high a position as possible and to give the fans something to cheer about on the final day of what has been a frustrating season.

"Arsenal will be doing everything they can to try and achieve a Champions League spot and we won't make it easy for them, make no mistake about that.

"This is a game everyone at this football club wants to win."

too late cnut

i wonder how much Harper and Pardew have accepted, wrapped in brown paper bags, to help facilitate the right result :-k

i'd think pardew had alienated his players even more with his comments. there are pretty good players there, and i'm sure they don't think its fun at the other end of the table.

no player likes a boss with zero ambition. the players will be on fire, playing for their life and issuing come and get me pleas immediately after the game

i'd think pardew had alienated his players even more with his comments. there are pretty good players there, and i'm sure they don't think its fun at the other end of the table.

no player likes a boss with zero ambition. the players will be on fire, playing for their life and issuing come and get me pleas immediately after the game

did you watch their game at home to Liverpool?? :) quite possibly one of the most feeble, gutless performances ive ever seen from a team. Something is definitely right up there

did you watch their game at home to Liverpool?? :) quite possibly one of the most feeble, gutless performances ive ever seen from a team. Something is definitely right up there

Literally everything went right for them last season. Every shot they took went into the top corner, how many wonder goals did they score! Cisse had a purple patch, we've seen this season that he isn't that good.

That being said, they should not be struggling at the bottom and happy at simply avoiding relegation.

Amazing he could say that.

so now we have

Food poisoning
Bought off goalkeeper
Bought off Pardew

I blame ourselves, we fudging leave it to the last game of the season nearly every year now, when we really should have wrapped this up games ago.

Agree with this.

Wouldn't be surprised if the FA charge Pardew for his comments. They fudging should do.

The problem is that, even if Pardew is fined, the game could remain just as easy for Arsenal so the fine makes little difference to the potential outcome.

Glad Ben Arfa is back again, he has the ability to tear Arsenal apart if he has an on form day.

It's not that we leave it late every year. It's that now we compete for European qualification against top clubs. Compared to when our season finished 3 or 4 matches before the final day being safe from relegation in midtable..I will take this.

Back