• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Al Jazeera awarded PL rights

that's all greek to me, would love a more comprehensive explanation on what needs to be done. Is there a link that explains 'everything'

I don't know "everything" myself, but to subscribe to the channels your computer needs to be in one of these following countries:

Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine (including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates or Yemen.

To get there without a plane ticket, you need to do some tweaking to your IP address so that your internet traffic is routed through one of the above countries. This can be done by using a proxy.

This here be how a proxy works, yarrr:

400px-Proxy_concept_en.svg.png

You can use a free proxy - my experience is that it's hard to find decent ones with enough speed to give you a nice flowing river.

Or you can pay for one, like http://www.hidemyass.com/ - there are many to chose from I believe.

Any of the house nerds want to add anything? I haven't actually tried much of this myself, so I might be way off here...

Proxies are normally slow, what you want for a good quality stream is smartdns. Google it.

Still blows my mind that the Premier League don't set up a global streaming service themselves; high-quality, choose your match for $10 a pop. And they could even do an IP-block for the UK on any game being shown live on TV (so as not to affect the Sky money). I'm sure they'd make a fortune and I doubt it would harm anyone else (clubs or TV stations).

I take it when you state smartdns you mean by overplay?

Yep - there are other who do it I think, but I use them.

It makes the initial connection through a proxy but then the rest is straight through - no slowing of stream speeds.

I think I will try this at some point in the next month, its not for me, but my brother gave up SKY this month, but still has broadband. But for me its about seeing how this works as a longterm replacement and going with Yourview, see how he gets on with such a set up first.

The thing I don't get is if they do a check on the isp, why don't they check the payment method in maybe flagging up someone that's not in there territory.

I think I will try this at some point in the next month, its not for me, but my brother gave up SKY this month, but still has broadband. But for me its about seeing how this works as a longterm replacement and going with Yourview, see how he gets on with such a set up first.

The thing I don't get is if they do a check on the isp, why don't they check the payment method in maybe flagging up someone that's not in there territory.

It's very possible that they will. Also, I'd be careful - not because Al Jazeera are dodgy... they're as reputable a company as anything run by Murdoch; but because you have no real recourse if you can't access it for some reason. After all, technically you'll be breaking their terms & conditions by accessing the stream via a proxy. Let us know how / whether it works if you do try it though.

Hey Shudd, I found the holy grail, a video for bleedin' idiots!

[video=youtube;pDSSNuUEYNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSSNuUEYNo[/video]

I don't currently use Al Jazeera but I use a similar method using Unblock US to watch US Netflix, NBC and Hulu all in HD. So I imagine the method above would work. I may do this. Does anyone know if they have English commentary?

I don't currently use Al Jazeera but I use a similar method using Unblock US to watch US Netflix, NBC and Hulu all in HD. So I imagine the method above would work. I may do this. Does anyone know if they have English commentary?

According to the Press Release Al Jazeera sent out the full coverage will be in English (With Richard Keys and Andy Gray, no less).

FWIW, last year I used the ADMCSport website / app shown in the video posted above - it was amazing - every game streaming like butter via SmartDNS (overplay) and dedicated iPhone / iPad apps. Kind of sad they lost the rights this year, but hopefully Al Jazeera will be just as good.

Once their brick is up-and-running I'll post a step-by-step on how to get it working, just in case anyone gets stuck.

Back