• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adam Johnson Case - Post Sensibly

Always suprises me when you see someone in a trial like this turning up with a girlfriend who is 'sticking by him'. What is she thinking!?

She must really hate the prospect of getting a real job.

Fekin hell he groomed a 15 year old child knowingly. He broke the law for those of you who respect the rule of law. You cannot make excuses for him.

Haven't seen anyone do that yet.

Given that some people seem to think this is worth a laugh, I implore people to read what was said in this first day of court evidence.

He is quite simply vile. If you feel sympathy for him, do me a favor and block me would you?

I kind of wish I didn't mate. :(

I really feel sadness for the girl. From the reports he has used the fact that this young kid absolutely idolised him as a way to sexually abuse her. That is an evil thing to do.

I agree.
A 16 yo and 15 yo is very different.
18 and 16 again agreed.

Lest anyone start thinking Adam Johnson was 20 or 21, it bears repeating that he would've been 27 at the time of offense. TWELVE years older. Seriously, lock the clam up.

Probably dodgy territory for me to wade into, but I think this stuff has to be treated like shades of grey rather than black and white (at least in terms of our amount of moral judgement). When my parents first started their relationship my Mum was 16 and my Dad was 23, and they're still happily married now - not a world away from 15 and 27.

To be clear, I'm not defending him, or necessarily saying that he shouldn't go to prison - I'm just saying that I'm not going to judge him in the same way that I would judge him for shagging a 10 year old. In a similar sort of way to how I wouldn't judge someone as harshly for GBH as for murder - doesn't make GBH any less awful.

Probably dodgy territory for me to wade into, but I think this stuff has to be treated like shades of grey rather than black and white (at least in terms of our amount of moral judgement). When my parents first started their relationship my Mum was 16 and my Dad was 23, and they're still happily married now - not a world away from 15 and 27.

To be clear, I'm not defending him, or necessarily saying that he shouldn't go to prison - I'm just saying that I'm not going to judge him in the same way that I would judge him for shagging a 10 year old. In a similar sort of way to how I wouldn't judge someone as harshly for GBH as for murder - doesn't make GBH any less awful.

Read this: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/adam-johnson-read-31-whatsapp-7359991

As a father to a girl and a brother to two sisters, my own reaction would be based on how quickly society should be rid of this predator. Basically, what calibre of ammunition to select.

Respect for the opinion mate, and BTW, top drawer for your folks. I think the Johnson case is very different. Wider age range plus the disgraceful use of 'status' and a wholesale mental advantage taken as well as physical. Very different I would suggest.

I kind of wish I didn't mate. :(

I really feel sadness for the girl. From the reports he has used the fact that this young kid absolutely idolised him as a way to sexually abuse her. That is an evil thing to do.

Indeed it is the lowest of lows. I do think it is important people see what he is.

it's important justice is served but i don't think the specific facts of such cases should be in the public domain, the cases should be tried by jury behind closed doors

the tabloids and the scum that read them are getting off on this

Respect for the opinion mate, and BTW, top drawer for your folks. I think the Johnson case is very different. Wider age range plus the disgraceful use of 'status' and a wholesale mental advantage taken as well as physical. Very different I would suggest.

This case does indeed seem different as there is no aspect of misunderstanding (thinking she was older) or even a spur of the moment thing (lust got the better of him). It was planned and ongoing.

Reading the things he is supposed to be saying he sounds developmentally retarded. It's hard to tell if he really thinks like that or if it was part of the act for the grooming.

This case does indeed seem different as there is no aspect of misunderstanding (thinking she was older) or even a spur of the moment thing (lust got the better of him). It was planned and ongoing.

Reading the things he is supposed to be saying he sounds developmentally retarded. It's hard to tell if he really thinks like that or if it was part of the act for the grooming.

From the little we have heard/been told, he does not sound very bright.
Then the girl informed her parents! This in my experience is not the norm.
Hopefully once the court case is finished she can move on.

Back