• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adam Johnson Case - Post Sensibly

Respectfully, I don't agree with @Mr_B when he says: "I don't care if she looked and acted 30, he should do porridge for 5 years and be on a sex offender list for the rest of his life". For me it's all about whether he knew she was underage or not. If he knew it, then it doesn't matter how old she looked or acted; of course he should be done for it. But I was at my cousin's place not too long ago and his daughter was heading out for a night with her friends - she's only 16 but genuinely looked in her early 20s. And I'm guessing she looked pretty similar a few months ago when she was 15. If some 21 or 22 year old bloke in a club that night saw her, I couldn't blame him if he tried to chat her up in the hope it went further. She did not look like a teenager.

As I say; for me it comes down to whether someone knows (or even just suspects) that the person they're trying to get off with is underage. I'm a happily married middle-aged man these days; but back when I was 18-24 years old and went to clubs, I certainly wasn't interested in anyone who looked very young, but if they looked roughly the same age as me, I fully admit I didn't open the conversation by asking to see a birth certificate. And I very much doubt anyone else here did either.

Once again - because this is obviously a hot topic - if a guy knows or has reason to suspect that the girl is underage, I'm definitely not defending him. Throw the bloody book at him. And in this case, Johnson seems to have admitted that he knew. So I'm not talking about him in particular. But I do have sympathy for someone who makes a genuine mistake with a 15 year old who looks 20.

(and for the avoidance of doubt; I'm talking about blokes who are in the same general age-range... if you're a 40 year old bloke who shags a 15 year old, the fact that you honestly thought she was 16 still makes you a dirtbag).

I have to say, a well-articulated point of view. It is a very hot-topic for sure, especially as many of us have daughters. I have to say I place a great importance on empowering my daughter to know who she is and what she is worth as a human being and to treat herself accordingly. It appears he has admitted to knowing, and his 'guilty' plea is most likely to try and avoid harsher sentencing on another angle of this which we aren't in the know on. I generally have a problem with anyone who is married trawling bars for girls. That he 'groomed' her is despicable. Throw the book at him. Final question. Has anybody here, in their younger days, found themselves 'accidentally' shagging a 15 year old who looked 20 at a bar or party? I can unequivocally tell you I have not.

Always suprises me when you see someone in a trial like this turning up with a girlfriend who is 'sticking by him'. What is she thinking!?

I have to say, a well-articulated point of view. It is a very hot-topic for sure, especially as many of us have daughters. I have to say I place a great importance on empowering my daughter to know who she is and what she is worth as a human being and to treat herself accordingly. It appears he has admitted to knowing, and his 'guilty' plea is most likely to try and avoid harsher sentencing on another angle of this which we aren't in the know on. I generally have a problem with anyone who is married trawling bars for girls. That he 'groomed' her is despicable. Throw the book at him. Final question. Has anybody here, in their younger days, found themselves 'accidentally' shagging a 15 year old who looked 20 at a bar or party? I can unequivocally tell you I have not.

absolutely not, you always know how old they are

why exactly did it take so long to sack him.There should be a worldwide fifa ban on him as well.

they had to wait until this point, if they had sacked him before he was legally guilty they would be facing legal action themselves

i'm not sure FIFA have any rules for such things, my personal feeling, horrific case that it is, is that once he is released from prison he shouldn't be precluded from resuming his career should he wish to, he'll never find a club willing to take him though i'm sure

It's true. But the line has to be drawn somewhere. And for a grown man in his late twenties the line being drawn at 16 shouldn't be a problem. Many countries draw that line quite a bit higher.
I think it's France where the age of consent varies depending on the age of the other party, which seems quite sensible to me (might be somewhere else in Europe, failing memory again).

So a 16yo boy wouldn't be prosecuted for sleeping with a 15yo girl. An 18yo boy can sleep with a 16yo girl etc. But the age of consent is higher when the man is in his 20s.

he's rich!
Someone has to live in that mansion while he's away.

I think it's France where the age of consent varies depending on the age of the other party, which seems quite sensible to me (might be somewhere else in Europe, failing memory again).

So a 16yo boy wouldn't be prosecuted for sleeping with a 15yo girl. An 18yo boy can sleep with a 16yo girl etc. But the age of consent is higher when the man is in his 20s.

I agree.
A 16 yo and 15 yo is very different.
18 and 16 again agreed.

Lest anyone start thinking Adam Johnson was 20 or 21, it bears repeating that he would've been 27 at the time of offense. TWELVE years older. Seriously, lock the clam up.

they had to wait until this point, if they had sacked him before he was legally guilty they would be facing legal action themselves

i'm not sure FIFA have any rules for such things, my personal feeling, horrific case that it is, is that once he is released from prison he shouldn't be precluded from resuming his career should he wish to, he'll never find a club willing to take him though i'm sure

Yeh my local non league club sacked a player before he was found guilty and ended up having to give him 14k in wages as he was innocent until proven guilty...he went down but they still had to pay the wages.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/2268572.sacked_footballer_row_raised_in_parliament/

Not sure but i left when she put her school uniform on.

Given that some people seem to think this is worth a laugh, I implore people to read what was said in this first day of court evidence.

He is quite simply vile. If you feel sympathy for him, do me a favor and block me would you?

Given that some people seem to think this is worth a laugh, I implore people to read what was said in this first day of court evidence.

He is quite simply vile. If you feel sympathy for him, do me a favor and block me would you?

it was indeed sickening, his eyes were wide open, he knew exactly what he was doing

Fekin hell he groomed a 15 year old child knowingly. He broke the law for those of you who respect the rule of law. You cannot make excuses for him.

Back