• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Abuse.

Maybe mods should go into threads and ask to explain/justify what they have said so there is no misunderstanding. My posts are still there so if you think they are provocative then banning me but keeping the posts there isnt going to help.

As for leeds, no I dont worry about him, but I wont take this place so seriously that I cant laugh at being issued points on an online forum ! just thought it was funny he told me I wont last long and within days I got banned. I fully expect to get to the 120 points mark at some point. Why did leeds get banned ? has he used basic computer knowledge to get back on the site under a new name yet ?

I can thus only conclude this is an aspiration of yours. Mate...I'm genuinely not sure whether to wish you good luck or not. As for misunderstandings, given the fact you 'expect' to hit 120 points, I'd wager that you absolutely understand what people have now been trying to explain for the last few posts.

p.s. "has Leeds used basic computer knowledge..." I have absolutely no clue, furthermore, no interest. I happen to like a lot of his posts and was genuinely sorry he got pumped up and thus broke some rules over and over. Do I sit analyzing people's iso addressed and figure out who they are? Mate, so far from my world of interest or knowledge you'd tinkle yourself laughing at the thought :)

Why in the context I used the term thick chav was it considered abuse ? Did you see the post I replied to? it was thick chav sort of behaviour. I posted a reasonable post and got back a load of abuse from someone who I have never seen make a post on the site. Nothing wrong in associating the abuse I got back to that of how a chav would behave. It wasnt sustained abuse was it. I could report loads of people who make one off comments.

As for the other posts, nothing wrong with them at all. In fact several people were saying exactly the same thing using exactly the same words to describe it. I went into the thread initially not quoting anyone and giving an opinion on AVB and the game. I remember I used the term embarrassing to describe a few posts, BUT THEY WERE !! several other people did this and were not banned. Remember it is my opinion im giving, so if IMO I find something stupid or embarrassing then it is perfectly acceptable in online debate to say that so you can show other people the extent you disagree with. Sometimes you may slightly disagree, sometimes you may disagree to the point you find some comments a joke - its debate and these sort of comments/tone should be acceptable (as long as it can be backed up). Dont see why you should punish people because some are unable to realise its their comments/opinion that are being attacked and not their life/them. I get back patronising comments all the time, I dont take it personally it just shows me how they view it. bankrupt is a mod but is one of the worst for patronising comments, ill assume if I use his tactic of not quoting people when making the comment that I will also get away with it.

Good debating skills would see you understand quite clearly that IF your intention is to "attack" (very strong word for a debating type) an opinion and not a person, then you would start with phrases such as "this is in the spirit of debate and not personal"...we are on the internet! people cannot SEE each other, thus PERCEPTIONS dictate how words are read. And your words, generally, project as combative and personal. Again, NO mod WHATSOEVER has a problem with debates, strong opinions or heated exchanges, but framing them properly is 9/10ths of the issue. If you think using phrases such as that suggested are either inconvenient, unnecessary or whatever else, then good luck mate.

Good debating skills would see you understand quite clearly that IF your intention is to "attack" (very strong word for a debating type) an opinion and not a person, then you would start with phrases such as "this is in the spirit of debate and not personal"...we are on the internet! people cannot SEE each other, thus PERCEPTIONS dictate how words are read. And your words, generally, project as combative and personal. Again, NO mod WHATSOEVER has a problem with debates, strong opinions or heated exchanges, but framing them properly is 9/10ths of the issue. If you think using phrases such as that suggested are either inconvenient, unnecessary or whatever else, then good luck mate.

The spirit of debate died on this board a long time ago, what we have is a significant minority of individuals who are only able to bludgeon you with their opinions and insult the motives and intelligence of those who don't agree with them.

The spirit of debate died on this board a long time ago, what we have is a significant minority of individuals who are only able to bludgeon you with their opinions and insult the motives and intelligence of those who don't agree with them.

The admin team are determined to put a stop to behaviour like that and to encourage free and open debate.

If I have the right post, the one Golfball responded to was a post where someone played the man not he ball, with the post being negative about who expressed the opinion (something like typical Golfball nonsense) rather than the actual opinion expressed.

That seems quite common for a number of posters on here (an elsewhere). One repeatedly complains how the board is going downhill yet frequently starts his posts with ad hominens. Its a shame as rather than argue about different opinions, people's past statments get rehashed.

If I have the right post, the one Golfball responded to was a post where someone played the man not he ball, with the post being negative about who expressed the opinion (something like typical Golfball nonsense) rather than the actual opinion expressed.

That seems quite common for a number of posters on here (an elsewhere). One repeatedly complains how the board is going downhill yet frequently starts his posts with ad hominens. Its a shame as rather than argue about different opinions, people's past statments get rehashed.

I think that it is unreasonable to expect the admin team to explain the details of every decision that we make. Because we prefer not to discuss warnings and infractions issued, inevitably discussions like this are not held with the full possession of the facts.

I was responding to an open public thread on the topic of abuse and using this instance to make a general point about people being provocative by playing the man not the post.

I don't see why past infractions are relevant to this point. If they are, you are effectively saying past infractions to the person be "attacked" make such attacks acceptable. I doubt that you mean that, but then again I'm not in possession of the full facts. ;).

I was responding to an open public thread on the topic of abuse and using this instance to make a general point about people being provocative by playing the man not the post.

I don't see why past infractions are relevant to this point. If they are, you are effectively saying past infractions to the person be "attacked" make such attacks acceptable. I doubt that you mean that, but then again I'm not in possession of the full facts. ;).

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you only have Golfball's account of what happened and us responding to some of the points he made. I wasn't talking about past infractions.

Absolutely committed to weeding out those you're talking about Gordy...put it this way...we need the likes of you to feel comfortable here so as you post more often.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you only have Golfball's account of what happened and us responding to some of the points he made. I wasn't talking about past infractions.

1st post was me making a comment about the performance, in line with what most in the thread were saying. Reply post was someone "playing the man" - he got a ban, next post was my reply that got me the ban. My account was accurate and honest.

But anyway, reason for entering this thread is that I was wondering if it is possible for me to ignore an administrator ?

I just tried and it said this was not possible. As it is not my site, I will try and stick to these rules no matter how I find them. However ignoring this person will give me a better chance of doing that :) and I suggest he do the same...

I can thus only conclude this is an aspiration of yours. Mate...I'm genuinely not sure whether to wish you good luck or not. As for misunderstandings, given the fact you 'expect' to hit 120 points, I'd wager that you absolutely understand what people have now been trying to explain for the last few posts.

p.s. "has Leeds used basic computer knowledge..." I have absolutely no clue, furthermore, no interest. I happen to like a lot of his posts and was genuinely sorry he got pumped up and thus broke some rules over and over. Do I sit analyzing people's iso addressed and figure out who they are? Mate, so far from my world of interest or knowledge you'd tinkle yourself laughing at the thought :)

No it is not an aspiration. It is just something I think will happen given the set of rules you have and the way they are applied. I know I'm never abusive or threatening and average 1 or 2 posts a day so most forums I'd be safe, but this one I guess not. If Im going to be accused of steaming into a thread like a bear with a sore head, at least tell me which posts were wrong as I looked back and mine were perfectly in line with everyone elses (aside from the posts to that guy who abused me).

I know the sort of poster who isn't safe and it will make for a very dull forum full of mundane 1 line posts. And I noticed none of the points I made about my ban are ever replied to. I'll just take that as an acknowledgement that the reality is I did little wrong, I've just replied to and/or patronised the wrong people too many times (everyone does it, I should remember not to do it to mods!).

Oh and if someone has a bit of IT knowledge, they'd be able to come back without being detected. The only give away would be posting style.

Last edited:
No it is not an aspiration. It is just something I think will happen given the set of rules you have and the way they are applied. I know I'm never abusive or threatening and average 1 or 2 posts a day so most forums I'd be safe, but this one I guess not. If Im going to be accused of steaming into a thread like a bear with a sore head, at least tell me which posts were wrong as I looked back and mine were perfectly in line with everyone elses (aside from the posts to that guy who abused me).

I know the sort of poster who isn't safe and it will make for a very dull forum full of mundane 1 line posts. And I noticed none of the points I made about my ban are ever replied to. I'll just take that as an acknowledgement that the reality is I did little wrong, I've just replied to and/or patronised the wrong people too many times (everyone does it, I should remember not to do it to mods!).

Oh and if someone has a bit of IT knowledge, they'd be able to come back without being detected. The only give away would be posting style.

Mate,

First off, if that's the reality you want to see then nothing anyone can say will change that. Again, good luck. Secondly, like life, sadly there are people who IF they rub you a certain way are probably worth steering clear of, yes. Trust me, I have a few and seem to have gathered a few more recently. And I think of myself as a decent chap (whereas if you were to ask my online GG-detractors, they would probably call me another 4 letter word beginning with 'c'!!!!!)...it's all about perceptions! I should also address something I didn't highlight, mainly 'examples of posts'...mate. I personally don't have the time. I personally offered what I thought were decent enough signposts. If they were not, or if you simply refuse to accept any validity in them, then so be it. That will be that.

Last sentence, I understood the point you were making and further understand that it only takes 'a bit' of IT knowledge. I consider myself a tech victory because I masterfully operate my Mac with the fastest three fingers/two thumb combination in the western world! Again, trust me, my IT knowledge is so limited you would crack up, further, my appetite to learn some is nil.

Cheers,

Steff

BBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

sorry, felt like booing.

8-[

If someone abuses you report it and walk away. Retaliation is not an excuse.

You asked which posts you have made which broke site rules, below are some examples.

Golfball said:
Aggressive ? you cant even spell the word you thick chav. Its far from "agressive", its just what should be the logical opinion at the moment. Read your only reply for aggressive.

You aren't even able to grasp the "now he needs..." is future tense so doesnt include today. He has been shocking so far, he will be sacked soon if he keeps it up. Whats the problem ?

How old are you ? 14 - 17 is my guess.

Now go away little girl, the adults are talking. And :ross: most people in this thread are slating AVB for worse than I am, why get upset at my post ?

These are unnecessarily aggressive and abusive.

In response the second part that I have highlighted, you'd be wrong to draw that conclusion. Calling someone a "thick chav" is clearly against site rules, as it saying "go away little girl". If you cannot debate with people without resorting to insults and think that us trying to cut down on people doing this means that you cannot post here without breaking site rules, it probably says more about you than the rules.

You broke the rules and got a one day ban as a result. I'd suggest that you take it on the chin and move on.

The rules aren't that difficult to stick to. They are basically be nice to each other, don't land the site it the brick and don't take the tinkle. That seems pretty universal to me. If you think this is unfair or unreasonable, maybe it is time to find another board.

Are Admin allowed to put people on their ignore lists?

I think that might be better - if I get on every admins ignore list I will be invisible and undetected - I could abuse everyone!! :p

Back